Is ATS full of government agents posting stuff?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I mean I see so many anti-truth post on here. I know there are people who are brain washed by the media and so forth, but I think the majority of Americans have enough common sense to be able to tell when they are being lied too. This is like the main stream media and it's name calling of those who want the truth or question the government to try in make us believe that is what main street thinks. Disinformation and propaganda is a powerful tool used by corrupt governments. Now I could be in left field here, but I just want to toss this idea out.

I see so many post opposing and name calling Ron Paul who speaks the truth like Ross Perot did .
I see posts opposing and name calling 9/11 truth.
I see posts opposing and name calling those who want Obama to come clean on his past birth and history which he clearly is spending resources to cover up.
I see posts calling human kind a virus, part of the crazy NWO green propaganda promoting mother earth pagan worship and population reduction.
I see posts promoting hate especially towards Jews and Christians, of with I am a Christian, trying to divide the people against each other.

Of course these posts get bumped up to the top for the simple fact it creates such a fierce emotions.
If there are government agents on here doing this, I call you a traitor. Those you serve you will be a slave to always, you will never be free. God will judge you in the end for what you do.
If I am in left field with this topic then no harm done, that is what this web site is for.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by crusaderiam

Another one of these threads, right, here we go again.

The short answer is NO.
The long answer is YES.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When you read a post that makes you wonder
examine the posting history and read a bit more
The Federalists are easy to spot.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What's worse are the people who believe all the crap on this site, and then begin to label people as Agents, trolls or Cointel just for trying to bring the lofty ideals of delusional maniacs back to "earth".

Oh well...I guess ATS has all kinds.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I mean I see so many anti-truth post on here.

What is truth? Impossible to know - because you can find enough evidence for any side to show that side as truth.

You have to remember, just because someone doesn't agree with your stance on something - does not mean they are some government agent. People have opinions, and not everyone holds the same opinion.

I find these labels of others most tiring and an easy outlet to dismiss those whom disagree with you (in general)

I also find it funny that people accuse all "government agents" as being bad. I know quite a few and they hardly agree with the choices our government makes. Sometimes you need to try and change things from the inside.

[edit on February 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The truth is the truth...so long as its my interpretation of the facts...your interpretation is not the truth to me.

You must be a government disinfo agent because you disagree with my perception!

Clearly I know the truth...I know matter of factly that (insert politician here) speaks only truth and that other guy, (insert politician) has brainwashed people. Also, anyone whom says that (insert conspiracy or debunked conspiracy here) isnt true is misleading you and more than likely a government agent..
Why? because I looked at things that could be seen as factualish and now know the truth of this.

(think I might make this my sig)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Good stuff greeneyedleo. This reminds me of the Bible passage when Pilate asks Jesus the very same thing. Truth? What is truth? It's not an issue that we have just come across. This was thought about through the ages.

This site, above any I've encountered, really brings this point out. This is where we will be able to glean certain truths from a wide array of opinions and facts. I find it every bit as entertaining as reading a good book.

What you need to do crusaderiam, is accept that you may get closer to the truths that you seek here but you will never nail it down. When someone disagrees with your viewpoint, consider what has been said and think of all the possibilities that it implies. Then add that gem to your own warehouse of possibilities.

Don't worry about the secret agents that want to derail your threads. You'll only get farther from what you seek.

Edited to change Caesar to Pilate. What was I thinking?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.” — Hanlon's Razor

Not to say that there aren't Government agents here purposely misleading and misinforming people, but let's not ascribe every blatantly misinformed post, every thread derailing attempt or every troll to the work of Government agents and disinformation artists.

There's ignorant, misinformed and brainwashed people everywhere. Including, yes, ATS.

Oh, and there's a lot of people that simply disagree with you. Accept it because that's not going to change.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by converge]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In time, I would expect anyone, OP included, to see that the issue of ideology and dogma is not 'open' to truth or disinformation.

These are self-generating frictions.

Those who post with an agenda cannot help but stand out. They are usually the one's who thrust deliberately and with zeal at the 'opposition' on what they call 'principle.'

Inquiry, observation, and pursuit of that which is real is never affected by such things as 'agents' of any kind, lest they be the only source of information you have.... around here, that's nearly never the case.

These 'detractors' are like flies buzzing about your head; continue to deny ignorance and they drop.

Are their traitors around here? I doubt it. Treason is a matter of perspective and political expedience. ATS has no political agenda. and she does not offer special regard for any agenda, as long as it is not hateful ignorant, destructive, illegal, or immoral.

But the debate continues...... as it always should.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If there are, I would like to inform them that

I NEED A JOB!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i've noticed here and in real life that the closer u get to uncovering a truth people don't want u to know, the more u are attacked.

there may be gov't agents posting here, but some of them may be posting the "far-out" theories that immediately get trashed and derailed then sent to the bottom of the pile. seen it happen far too often, a thread with good info and correct title gets bashed while there are 23 duplicate threads on things with misleading titles and basically no content on subjects that no one cares about or don't even belong here.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think what goverment is trying to Here is what i call

Psychological Warfare

I noticed by some of the weirdest threads by some new members.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.” — Hanlon's Razor

Not to say that there aren't Government agents here purposely misleading and misinforming people, but let's not ascribe every blatantly misinformed post, every thread derailing attempt or every troll to the work of Government agents and disinformation artists.

There's ignorant, misinformed and brainwashed people everywhere. Including, yes, ATS.

Oh, and there's a lot of people that simply disagree with you. Accept it because that's not going to change.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by converge]

oooh I like the taste of this post. So basically we are either stubborn, stupid of shills?

Ever think that maybe the Truthers may be wrong about some things?

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think people around here have an inflated opinion of themselves. This is a conspiracy site. A good one, but in the end a discussion forum filled with alternative views and oddball information.

The government, if it cared, would be aware of what type of information and speculation goes back and forth here.

Notably no news breakthroughs have emerged. The same pseudo-information gets endlessly recycled. 9/11 was an Inside Job, the governments are concealing knowledge of alien contacts, they're trying to poison us all with chemicals, Jews cause all the world problems, yadda yadda yadda.

Stupidity and malice have been given a great service. Where once the misinformed were largely isolated in society, now there are whole communities online. Websites to share information, videos to watch. Somewhere online someone is gathering information to prove the wildest claim you can imagine. The more sensationalistic and controversial, the more people ready to buy into it. Just like magic Get Rich schemes and magic Weight Loss methods have ready-made markets. Out of hundreds of millions worldwide, you can always find thousands who will accept anything in type or on a video.

The governments of the world are probably elated this fringe thinking is contained. So the people won't start sharing their socio-economic discontents, become actively politicized and rise up.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
oooh I like the taste of this post. So basically we are either stubborn, stupid of shills?

I sincerely disagree with the interpretation you made of my post.

Ever think that maybe the Truthers may be wrong about some things?

Care to define for me what a ‘truther’ is, so I can adequately respond?

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Posted by SkepticOverlord, on January 22, 2010 at 10:19 GMT Originally posted by andre18 no issues on a conspiracy website is important or relevant enough to be taken seriously by the government

Not so fast there.
This thread specifically: FBI Fears Chinese Hackers Have Back Door Into US Government & Military, prompted a press release and response from the FBI. I'd say that qualifies as being "taken seriously."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember this is one example that was given to a similar response as yours. I personally have had a hair raising experience here with someone who definitely wasn't a real member.

Edited to add link for the external content.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Those who simply don't believe in any kind of conspiracies as exposed on ATS, don't even GO to this website! They don't even know it exists!

But who are those who want to say we are [SNIP] idiots for believing the truth? If they don't believe in any of these conspiracies, then why do they come here to say we are all stupid for believing in anything?

I found ATS because I do not like to live in denial, but weigh out all the possibilities, and trash those that are definitely full of [SNIP], and continue studying those conspiracies that are obviously true.

But who are those who come on here claiming it's all BS? Those kind of people normally don't even care to go to websites such as ATS.

So yeah, maybe you're right. Unless they are bored people who prefer to bash people for the pure pleasure of bashing, they may just be hired to turn our mind the other way.

Have you read Dan Brown's new novel The Lost Symbol? That would also make me believe he was told to write a book that supports the TPTB.

Next we'll have a song called "We Are One-World" or "The Great Mason".

[edit on 3-2-2010 by MightyAl]

Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 3/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

I will apologize profusely. I just came from a heated debate and I lashed out here. It sounded that way at first. Hopefully you can forgive me for snapping too quickly.

Truthers to me is a derogatory word IMO. Just like sheeple. A truther to me is the person who posts and just can't possibly be wrong.

Then again us debunkers are full of that group too

extremes on both sides eh?

Sorry again for my quick assumption...

Note to self...SLOW DOWN!

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
Those who simply don't believe in any kind of conspiracies as exposed on ATS, don't even GO to this website! They don't even know it exists!

But who are those who want to say we are [snip] idiots for believing the truth? If they don't believe in any of these conspiracies, then why do they come here to say we are all stupid for believing in anything?

There are some real conspiracies. And there there are endless dopey conspiracy theories.

Some people can tell the difference. Unfortunately there are many ready to believe anything.

I comes down to intelligence and the ability to separate fact from fiction. Surprising how many lack that basic skill. I find out every time I come to this site.

Secret Government Disinformation Agent, ATS Division #74936

removed censor circumvention in quote

[edit on 3/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I think what goverment is trying to Here is what i call

Psychological Warfare

I noticed by some of the weirdest threads by some new members.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

Usually new members try to fit in , or want to get flags or stars.

Then they find out , if they tie themselves to a silly thread , it becomes a burden thats not worth it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join