It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Fructose Corn Syrup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
In this video a doctor makes the argument that HFCS is a poison.

I think he succeeds.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
But why do they have to make the poison SO DELICIOUS?!?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
But why do they have to make the poison SO DELICIOUS?!?

They do not. It is you who have learned yourself to think it is good via the fact it is all that you eat. I have one tasted coca cola that has been sweetened with HFCS and it was horrible compared to good old sugar as a sweetener. Its all about what you get yourself used to.

No wonder nordic countries / europe excluding Britain does not have the same health epidemic. UK & USA are probably the only countries where the poisoning agenda has hit mainstream yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Totally agreed, it is poison.

HFCS and partially hydrogenated oils are good examples of why mega agri-business is bad for people. They have chemists think of ways to make food production cheaper for them at the expense of our health.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If they had to use real sugar they couldn't reap 900% profit on the sweet garbage they tell us is 'food.'

I know refined sugar is suspect as well, but the FDA really abandoned their mandate when they bought into this HFCS stuff....

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

excellent excellent excellent.

has anyone seen those INSANE commercials that DEFEND HFCS?

there's one where the 'hip token etnic' person tells the white housewife that nah, there's nothin wrong with HFCS, as long as you take it in moderation...

then the all knowing and hip CHILD who tells her FATHER there is nothing wrong with it, in moderation

then the couple having a picnic, and the boyfriend is like... "well you know what they say about it" and the girlfriend is like "what?"
AND THE DUDE SAYS NOTHING. then she says that hilarious line, it's ok in moderation.

guess what, coc aine is ok in moderation. arsenic is ok in moderation (kills cancer in fact). drinking gasoline from a pump station is ok in moderation.

dumbest bunnch of BS i have ever seen on TV.

oh and it does not taste good at all to me. the flavor stands out distinctly and ruins all food it is in. i try very hard to avoid it but not everybody in this house shops around it.

EDIT: hahaha, somebody please splice this lecture with the picnic commercial, right when the dude draws a blank, just inject the vid right there with a bunch of machine gun facts damning HFCS and cut out the 'ok in moderation part'.
a totally insanse and one sided campaign and the fact that they qualify it by saying it's ok in moderation without giving any warnings is as bad as if the product was an industrial glue in a baby bottle.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by shagreen heart]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
How is a poison good in moderation. Since when did education become backwards that people would lap this up and not research for themselves. They are just trying to save their a... There are no laws to protect a human against accumulation poisons in the body for eg toxins from certain poisons that are not natural to the human organism. If there was heck! The poisons accumulating in the human body if ever would have to be declared a hazard. Any wonder why cancers that come about from poisons ingested are swept under the carpet. That the reason cancer shows up later in life and somettimes in the womb and progresses very slowly is because humans belt their bodies with unnatural substances not found in nature which the organism of the human body relate to very much. When will humans ever wake up that man made packaged foods are not designed for the human organism, but the body works efficiently on foods in nature.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Excellent video, I'm really glad I watched this!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yup. It's cheaper and sweeter. There's really nothing better.....

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
HFCS is in heinz ketchup and heinz ketchup is only $1 on sale at walmart.
Yay go evil corporations, seriously now, why does HFCS need to be in ketchup?
I mean ketchup is naturally made from tomatoes (genetically modified).
Why do we need more toxins and poisons in our systems, damn those capitilistic pigs and there de-population tactics.

new topics

top topics

join