It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Seals using dolphins as a weapon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
how about crab grenades or praunchukus?

otterrangs and sharkpedoes the possiblities are endless.

SPiderj

Oh, lobster mines I'm done.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
how about crab grenades or praunchukus?

otterrangs and sharkpedoes the possiblities are endless.

SPiderj

Oh, lobster mines I'm done.

Dude, that was gay. Try this... Hold your right hand up to your chest, with your wrist limp, and smack it against your heart, while trying to bite your ear.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I've heard that they have been 'trying' to turn dolphins into killing machines, but I saw a show on it the other day, and they were talking to some dolphin experts about the programs and after they got over thier disgust they said that the dolphin would only kill once and after it did the deed and saw the affect it would freak out and swim away...only to be picked up again later and retrained to kill again...very sad if you ask me. We are turning a Self Aware species whose primary purpose in life is to eat and have sex and pretty much fool around all day into tools of destruction. I really hope that the dolphins turn on thier abusive trainers and inject them with CO2 bullets!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I've heard that they have been 'trying' to turn dolphins into killing machines, but I saw a show on it the other day, and they were talking to some dolphin experts about the programs and after they got over thier disgust they said that the dolphin would only kill once and after it did the deed and saw the affect it would freak out and swim away...only to be picked up again later and retrained to kill again...very sad if you ask me. We are turning a Self Aware species whose primary purpose in life is to eat and have sex and pretty much fool around all day into tools of destruction. I really hope that the dolphins turn on thier abusive trainers and inject them with CO2 bullets!!!

Boo hoo. Do you need a hankerchief?

Get real, man/woman, whatever you are. This program is greatly increasing the effectiveness of our special forces teams, and simultaneously ensuring their safety while deployed in hostile maritime environments. Get over the whole "Save The Animals" thing...

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Dude, that was gay. Try this... Hold your right hand up to your chest, with your wrist limp, and smack it against your heart, while trying to bite your ear.

I've gotten in trouble before for lashing out at people so lord knows I don't need any more points taken away.

But in all fairness I believe you may have questions regarding your sexuality. I understand, it's okay but I'm sorry I'm not interested.

I am sure there are other men on this board who would be more than happy to help you explore these feelings you're having a hard time dealing with, but alas I like girls.

Take care and I hope you come to grips with your latent homosexuality.

My best,

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Starchild,
You obviously have some compassion issues, since no ethical person would condone the enslavement of an intelligent species. BTW I am not an animal rights activist, I just think that ANY self aware species on this planet deserves some basic rights. BTW I do not consider Cows or pigs(or any livestock for that matter) to be selfaware, simply because they are obviously motivated by instinct alone.

There are a couple of other species I would like to be protected more NOT because they are endangered but because they are potentially self-aware and could have alot to teach us should we ever develope a common language. So in the mean time we should learn more about them, not learn how to enslave them and turn them into killing machines.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I've gotten in trouble before for lashing out at people so lord knows I don't need any more points taken away.

But in all fairness I believe you may have questions regarding your sexuality. I understand, it's okay but I'm sorry I'm not interested.

I am sure there are other men on this board who would be more than happy to help you explore these feelings you're having a hard time dealing with, but alas I like girls.

Take care and I hope you come to grips with your latent homosexuality.

My best,

Spiderj

Get a life. I'm going to refer you to the following website for counseling. Register ASAP.

LINK

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Get a life. I'm going to refer you to the following website for counseling. Register ASAP.

Considering you were the one who came on line and started making angry statements toward at least two posters I feel confident in saying that you are the one who should visit the link you posted.

Just because you can say things on line that you wouldn't say to someones face doesn't mean you should.

Let's not get into a whole debate about what you would or would not say to someones face, yes I'm sure your a big tough strong ninja blah blah blah.

Play nice and others will play nice with you, act like a tool and you'll be treated as such.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Starchild, although everybody is intitled to there own ideas and beliefs, please don't try and force people to see things your way, by using general insults!

This was not called for!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's true. I have a US Navy video about the SEALs, and they do train dolphins for certain underwater activity. However, they are not used as weaponry - directly. They are used as RECON UNITS. They send them in, attach recorders and the like to them, get them back, and view what they recorded. Well, at least thats what the video said.

(It was a History Channel Video if your interested
)

-wD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Actually the Navy uses Dolphins, Sea Lions And Beluga Whales. They are mainly used for recovery purposes. Each animal has unique capabilities that can help the Navy to develop future system. Dolphins and Beluga whales have an extremely effective sonar systems, Sea lions can dive deep very fast and return to the surface with no adverse effects. The Navy for obvious reasons wants to learn from these amazing creatures.

It is a little far fetched to say that it costs 300,000,000. to train 1 dolphin. These animals are intelligent beyond your wildest dreams. I had a chance to do some work at a facility and see them up close and personal and there capabilities are endless.

The Navy however does not abuse or hold them captive. Some people at green peace tried to free them by cutting the nets around the facility. The nets are not to contain the animals, they are there to keep people out. That shouldn't come as a shock because you have to take them out in the open ocean to do what they are trained to do. No nets there !

They dont use them on suicide missions either. These animals as well as the men who work with them are part of important team . If you sacrifice a member of your team then there is a void to fill, and your chances for success are reduced.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
the sea lions are loud as hell and very annoying they have them across the water from us at Point Loma and right next door to us at the EOD unit. I work at NSWG 3 at the amphib base here in San Diego.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
sniper, Thank you for the very informed overview of current research being done.

The reason I was appaled about this is becuase in the past they were trained to do search and destroy missions(via CO2 bullet), but the more reasearch I have done so far on this issue has pointed toward the Navy scrapping the program decades ago. I glad that the Military is finally giving these types of intelligent animals the respect they are due.

These animals are intelligent beyond your wildest dreams.

I totally agree that they are at least as smart as us(if not smarter due to the sheer complexity and size of their brain) Has the Navy developed a common language yet?(and suppressed it because they deem it a kind of encrypted code?) I know there are quite a few scientists working on it, but has anyone made any breakthroughs lately? I just hope that someday all the classified info on the dolphin research program becomes available. They can teach us alot IMO.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Considering you were the one who came on line and started making angry statements toward at least two posters I feel confident in saying that you are the one who should visit the link you posted.

Just because you can say things on line that you wouldn't say to someones face doesn't mean you should.

Let's not get into a whole debate about what you would or would not say to someones face, yes I'm sure your a big tough strong ninja blah blah blah.

Play nice and others will play nice with you, act like a tool and you'll be treated as such.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
why not just train humans to carry out the tasks of the sea animals? there are over six billion of us, so just take your pick (i'm not being serious), but in my opinion, this does nothing to help the natural order of existance

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join