It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing UFO Evidence Thread.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Interesting statement from well respected researcher Jacques Vallee (right):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7af54603b84.jpg[/atsimg]

"Governments took notice, organizing task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

link

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
UFOs filmed in Cyprus by UK Royal Marines in 1971 - case missing from official MoD release

There was about 20 of us at this place, looking at this light, when we suddenly realise that it isn’t a flare and you say ‘well, what else can it be.’ The more you looked and the more people spoke, you couldn’t relate it to something else you’d seen, it was difficult to pin a label on. This was a massive thing. It appeared to be about the size of a golf ball at arms length. That’s the angle we were looking at (pointing 45 degrees). You had no obvious sign of movement. The main mass of light was almost spherical but it was putting out so much radiance, it looked like nothing you’d ever seen before. All it was like, was a burning ball of light. The light was extremely bright and when I’m talking about extremely bright, I’ve never seen anything as bright in my life.

The brilliance wasn’t burning enough to burn your eyes but it was just… awesome. The nearest I can get to it is if you lowered the sun. And this is what I mean by a burning ball of light. The thing was that bright you see. It was like a burning orb of light, one orb of brilliance. I could also see other lights amongst it or thought I could. Not obvious lights. They weren’t like porthole lights with little people putting their heads out and waving at you. It was just what I thought indications of other lights, the same colour as the main one. You had this burning ball coming overhead like that and I am seeing something, not actually a cross but other lights roughly that shape within the centre light.

Everybody on the exercise, about 1400 men, saw the light. During this period the unit, you remember, is doing a night move. As I said we had radio sets and we could hear transmissions of other people taking about the light, and at one stage the following dialogue took place between a call sign which is a unit and a commanding officer, Sunray. There was a little bit of chat about the light then Sunray said, ‘It must be a flying saucer ha ha’. There were the words he used..

I started collating the reports and listening to other people talking about it. Echo Company was on the left of the Island. Now they had observed what we had observed, maybe ten minutes prior. So let’s say at about 7.35 pm, they’d noticed this light coming from West to East, so it was coming straight towards them. This light came from West to East. Halfway across the Island, it then turned from North to South. So Echo Company watch it coming towards them, it then comes inland turns from North to South. We watch it as it came over the mountain and flies south. I didn’t know they had Mariner craft that turn a right angle basically and then disappear

All the reports were handed in, photos and negatives and quite a lot got handed in. If you’ve got 1400 blokes in the field, you’re going to have a hundred of them with cameras, aren’t you? There was a large quantity of films handed in. I would say over a hundred rolls of film.

Weeks later it was confirmed that this was a UFO. You see what happened, the first morning when the colonel asked me to get the reports, he didn’t give me a full brief. I would be responsible for running the unit and he would normally be dead straight with me. Now for some reason he had a top level meeting with his company commanders and would have discussed it with them, but he didn’t tell me the full story...

Continued at link

edit on 24-1-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Chief of Project Bluebook Captain Edward J. Ruppelt describes how a U.S. Colonel ordered a 'fascinating' UFO report to be destroyed.

The 1952 F-86 shooting incident:

An article by Captain Ed. Ruppelt, director of the Project Blue Book of the US Air Force. After the brutal end of the Project, Ed Ruppelt started to write his book, and tell the "stories that have never been told," such as this 1952 incident where a F-86 Jet fighter shot at a UFO:

Incident:

Excerpt:

About ten o'clock in the morning, one day a few weeks before, a radar near the base had picked up an unidentified target. It was an odd target in that it came in very fast - about 700 miles per hour - and then slowed down to about 100 miles per hour. The radar showed that it was located northeast of the airfield, over a sparsely settled area.

The radar picked up the F-86's soon after they were airborne, and had begun to direct them into the target when the target started to fade on the radarscope... The second pilot, who was going down to 5,000 feet, was just beginning to pull out when he noticed a flash below and ahead of him. He flattened out his dive a little and headed toward the spot where he had seen the light. As he closed on the spot he suddenly noticed what he first thought was a weather balloon. A few seconds later be realized that it couldn't be a balloon because it was staying ahead of him. Quite an achievement for a balloon, since be bad built up a lot of speed in his dive and now was flying almost straight and level at 3,000 feet and was travelling "at the Mach."

Again the pilot pushed the nose of the F-86 down and started after the object. He closed fairly fast, until he came to within an estimated 1,000 yards. Now he could get a good look at the object. Although it had looked like a balloon from above, a closer view showed that it was definitely round and flat saucer-shaped. The pilot described it as being "like a doughnut without a hole."

When the object travelled out about 1,000 yards, the pilot suddenly made up his mind - he did the only thing that he could do to stop the UFO. It was like a David about to do battle with a Goliath, but he had to take a chance. Quickly charging his guns, he started shooting. . . . A moment later the object pulled up into a climb and in a few seconds it was gone. The pilot climbed to 10,000 feet, called the other F-86, and now was able to contact his buddy. They joined up and went back to their base.

Burn the report:

Excerpt:

..The intelligence officer wrote up his report of a UFO sighting, but at the last minute, just before sending it, he was told to hold it back. He was a little unhappy about this turn of events, so he went in to see why the group commander had decided to delay sending the report to Project Blue Book.

They talked over the possible reactions to the report. If it went out it would cause a lot of excitement, maybe unnecessarily. Yet, if the pilot actually had seen what he claimed, it was vitally important to get the report in to ATIC immediately. The group commander said that he would make his decision after a talk with his executive officer.
They decided not to send the report and ordered it destroyed.

When I finished reading, the intelligence officer's first comment was, "What do you think?"

Since the evaluation of the report seemed to hinge upon conflicts between personalities I didn't know, I could venture no opinion, except that the incident made up the most fascinating UFO report I'd ever seen. So I batted the intelligence officer's question back to him.

"I know the people involved," he replied, "and I don't think the pilot was nuts. I can't give you the report, because the Colonel told me to destroy it. But I did think you should know about it." Later he burned the report.

Captain Edward J. Ruppelt
Former Director, Project Blue Book

Link

Thread

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
UFO incident from Puerto Rico involving the disappearance of two Navy F-14 Tomcat fighters and claims of missing radar tapes which were sent to Washington never to be seen again:

MUFON Report:

December 28, 1988, 7:45 p.m. Area of the towns of Lajes and Cabo Rojo in the western end of Puerto Rico.
(see January 1990 issue of the MUFON UFO Journal for details).

Numerous residents of the area reported seeing jet fighters flying through the area, starting at 6 p.m. A week earlier, some people had seen jet fighters chase a small UFO over the Sierra Bermeja mountain ridge and Laguna Cartagena (a lagoon), sites where a number of UFO sightings had been reported since 1987.
At 7:45 this evening, residents saw a large triangular UFO flying over the Sierra Bermeja.
It seemed to have some kind of extended appendage on its frontal section with many brilliant colored lights constantly blinking on and off.
It was slightly curved at its rear end, had a gray metallic structure and had a large central yellow light that was being emitted from a big bulging luminous circular concave appendage.
At the triangle's right "wing tip" were brilliant yellow lights and on the left were red lights.
As the people watched, two jet fighters tried to intercept the object.
They passed in front of it, at which time the UFO veered to the left and made a turn back, reducing its speed. The jets tried to intercept it three times, and that's when the UFO decreased its speed, almost stopping in mid-air.
One jet stationed itself near the UFO's right side and the other at its rear. Suddenly, the jet in back just disappeared on top of or inside the UFO. One witness who was watching with binoculars said he never saw the jet emerge from beyond the UFO.
The second jet remained very close to the right side of the object, looking very small in comparison. As the UFO flew a little to the west, the second jet also disappeared, apparently inside the UFO, and its engine noise stopped.
The object then began descending and came down very close to the ground over a small pond known as Saman Lake. It stood still in mid-air for a moment, then straightened its corners and gave off a brilliant flash of yellow light from the central ball of light, like an explosion, but without making any noise.
It then divided into two different and distinct triangular sections. The triangle to the right was illuminated in yellow and the other in red.
Then both shot away at great speed, one to the southeast, and the other to the northwest. Red sparks could be seen falling when the object divided itself.
A retired Army veteran living in the area said that at 8:20 p.m., a bunch of black helicopters arrived and flew over the Sierra Bermeja and the Laguna Cartagena areas without lights until midnight and appeared to be searching for something.
UFO researcher Jorgé Martin checked with all Puerto Rican and U.S. Government agencies that might have knowledge of the incident but all denied knowing anything about what happened. Martin said that a week later a U.S. Naval officer whom he could not identify confirmed all that had happened and said radar tapes had been sent to Washington, D.C. and that a lid of secrecy had been placed on the whole affair.

Link

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Captain Ruppelt, Chief of Project Bluebook, on how the minutes from a Pentagon meeting concerning the Fort Monmouth UFO case were later destroyed:

Pentagon meeting - minutes destroyed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64b11326021b.jpg[/atsimg]

After the Fort Monmouth, NJ, radar sightings (which started on Sept 10, 1951), the Air Force held a meeting at the Pentagon. General Cabell presided over the meeting, and it was attended by his entire staff plus Lieutenant Cummings, Lieutenant Colonel Rosengarten, and a special representative from Republic Aircraft Corporation. The man from Republic supposedly represented a group of top U.S. industrialists and scientists who thought that there should be a lot more sensible answers coming from the Air Force regarding UFOs.

"Every word of the two-hour meeting was recorded on a wire recorder. The recording was so hot that it was later destroyed, but not before I had heard it several times......it didn't exactly follow the tone of the official Air Force releases--many of the people present at the meeting weren't as convinced that the 'hoax, hallucination, and misidentification' answer was quite as positive as the Grudge Report and subsequent press releases made out."

Captain Edward J Ruppelt - Chief of Project Bluebook.

The Fort Monmouth UFO Case.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Project Bluebook UFO witness names censored?

THE BLUE BOOK UNKNOWNS

In January, 1974, I visited the U.S. Air Force Archives at Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Ala., to review the files of Project Blue Book as the first step toward writing a book on the subject.

In a full week, I read all the "unexplained" cases in the original files and made extensive notes, including the names and other identifying information on all witnesses where given. The cooperation of the staff of the Archives was excellent, and no restrictions were placed on my work.

A few months later, the files were withdrawn from public view so they could be prepared for transfer to the National Archives in Washington, D.C. This process involved making a xerox copy of almost 30 file drawers of material, blacking out the names and other identifiers of all witnesses, and then microfilming the censored xerox copy. The microfilm has been available to the public at the National Archives since 1976. The original Project Blue Book files remain under lock and key at the Archives.

On almost every page of the 12,000+ case files, there are big black marks where information that could be used to cross-check Project Blue Book's controversial work has been censored.

This includes the names of witnesses to widely-publicized cases, and even names in newspaper clippings.

Link

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Colonel Grundmanem explains how Poland's entire UFO disclosure file went missing.

Poland UFO Disclosure - Col. Grundmanem say "We lost the file"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f105af03670c.jpg[/atsimg]

The Polish disclosure, was the UFO file lost or stolen?
We post this with big smile and with an accent "Canada release the UFO files, Britan released the UFO files, Poland lost the UFO files..."

Many new facts about UFO data gathering in this unique disclosure interview with Col. Grundmanem, the former head of "Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense", who was responsible for gathering reports regarding UFOs.

The Polish air forces gather and analyze PRL reports on the pilots' meetings with unidentified flying objects. In the folder named "The Unknown" gathered dozens of reports. In the 1990's Invaluable data disappeared.

This is an Interview with Col. Ryszard Grundmanem. Col. Grundmanem was the former head of "Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense", who gathered reports regarding UFOs...

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Missing Security tapes from the Indian Point Nuclear facility UFO incident?

Summary of events:

1. As the object approached the east gate of Reactor Number Three, the nuclear plant's security system shut down. Sensors that detect movement shut down, and the entire alarm system failed.

2. Inside the security console, the computer that controls all security and communications systems shut down.

3. At that time, the commander contacted Camp Smith, a New York National Guard base less than ten miles away, requesting identification of the object. No answer was given. A request was then made for an armed helicopter to shoot the object down. Before the command was given to launch the helicopter, the UFO moved away.

4. The next day, the commander of the security guards informed then that “nothing happened” and the event was to be forgotten.

5. The incident was witnessed by several plant workers as well as the security guards.

6. A number of area residents saw the object at the same time the plant guards did, and the Peekskill police received numerous calls about the UFO the same night.

7. A videotape of the object may exist, since all the security cameras automatically record everything they see and the tapes are kept for a certain period of time before being reused. However, authorities say no such tape exists.

8. All radio communications that night were also routinely recorded, but the tapes reportedly no longer exist.

9. In the days following the incident, officials of the U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission visited the plant, and the entire security setup underwent a shakeup

Link

Thread

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Solway Firth case:

The Solway Firth photograph, 1964:

A day out to take family pictures in the country on a beautiful day of 1964 led an English family to capture a bizarre image, embroiled them in an international mystery and exposed a possibly coincidental connection with nuclear weapons.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86d2c1858f9f.jpg[/atsimg]

On May 23, 1964, Jim Templeton, a former fireman from Carlisle in the North of England and a keen photographer, took his wife and 5 years old young daughter out to on Burgh Marsh overlooking the Solway Firth estuary eight miles west of Carlisle in Cumbria, UK, to take some photographs. They parked and walked out over the grassy expanse.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/371342681d7d.jpg[/atsimg]

Some days later Mr Templeton got his photographs processed by the chemist, who said that it was a pity that the man who had walked past had spoilt the best shot of Elizabeth holding a bunch of flowers. Jim was puzzled. There had been nobody else on the marshes nearby at the time. But sure enough, on the picture in question there was something odd: overlooking her left shoulder, at a canted angle, was what appeared to be a man in a spacesuit.
This figure was either extremely tall and capable of leaning off balance quite comfortably or was floating in the air. The figure did not reappear in any of the other photographs. Neither Jim nor his wife nor his daughter had seen anyone near them at the time of the photograph, let alone a tall man in a spacesuit.

Missing Negatives?

Soon after the pictures were developed, two men paid Jim a visit and drove him in their "dark Jaguar car" to the marsh. The two men showed him ID cards and claimed to be Government investigators. They asked some unusual questions about the behaviour of local animals at the time and wanted exact information about the type of weather conditions on the day. Apparently they became annoyed when Jim dismissed their suggestion that the figure was just an ordinary man in the fields. They drove off leaving Jim alone and with a five mile walk back to his house."

"A second film that Jim sent to Kodak for processing, some months later, was returned with some of the negatives mysteriously missing. Jim firmly believes that they were confiscated by Government agents because of something secret on the film."

Missing film cannister:

There is a letter in the Public Records Office in Kew, London uncovered by ufologist Jenny Randles which is dated 1964 December 29th referring to the Cumberland Spaceman by the Ministry of Defence (MOD). In it are references by the Department of Scientific and Technical Intelligence (DSTI) of an investigation into the matter. Another letter there dated 1964 June 15th is from a reporter enquiring about the aborted launch and the film in question which shows an extraordinary object hovering nearby that is 'impossible to miss'. A response to this letter from the MOD informs the reporter that he should contact them if he wishes to view the film.

Mysteriously, in the series of film canisters holding the Blue Streak missile launches, one is missing. The missing canister is the film of the launches for the week beginning Sunday, May 23, 1964.

Link

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

G'day karl 12

Thank you for continuing to compile this extremely interesting information

At this risk of side-tracking things for a few lines.....

That "Solway Firth" case is bizzarre, particularly noting the links with the USA activity.

Do you have any particular thoughts, comments, opinions, etc... about it?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
That "Solway Firth" case is bizzarre, particularly noting the links with the USA activity.

Do you have any particular thoughts, comments, opinions, etc... about it?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

G'day Maybe...maybe not and thanks for the reply.

Your certainly not wrong about the Solway Firth case being a bizarre one and there are quite a number of very strange aspects surrounding the incident.

I have no idea what the photograph shows but Spacevisitor has authored a marvellous post about it on this page and I found it quite interesting that the area is a known UFO hotspot and there were also reports of animals behaving strangely when the image was taken.

"...all the animals on that particular day were away on the other end of the marsh, all huddled together, as though they'd been frightened..."
Jim Templeton

Theres also this comment about the atomic power station which is intriguing as they tend to experience quite a lot of UFO activity ( link )

Many of the fishermen near the marsh have seen UFOs and many interesting things have happened in this area from time to time. Some of the scientist types say the UFOs are interested in the Chapel Cross Atomic Power Station, which you can see on the horizon to the right of my picture."
Jim Templeton

As it states at the Ufologie link, there were also some strange reports from Australia on the same day which tends to give the story a bit of a bizarre twist.

Not long afterwards the editor of the Cumberland News newspaper contacted Jim and asked if he could borrow the negative to send a copy out to Australia. Apparently the photograph had appeared in the press there and staff working at the Woomera test range area in Southern Australia had seen it. Jim was told that the day after he took his photograph, a Blue Streak space rocket was due to be launched from Woomera in Australia. The countdown was postponed when two automatic survey camera had independently spotted two large figures in the firing area during the countdown phase. They were very similar in appearance to Jim's mysterious visitor. At the time of the launch, the photograph had not reached Australia and the staff had no knowledge of the bizarre image.

The Woomera missile test range was run by Group Captain Tom Dalton-Morgan from 1959-1963 and he came forward with his own story.Prior to the test firing of an earlier "Blue Streak" rocket, observers stationed 100 miles down range called to tell Tom that there was a "light" heading his way at incredible speed, towards restricted air space. Tom and several scientists watched as the light circled the facility, then shot away and vanished. He remarked that he "could not conceive of any plane or missile that was able to perform the maneuvers seen by my team". He said UFOs were frequently seen in the area and that in 1964 they had aborted the launch of another test when a "white being" was seen on the automatic security cameras.

Link

It also may have absolutely nothing to do with the case but I've always wondered about the similarities of description to this English report from 12 years later:

Minley Manor Woods,July 1977

Hannah Green and her family were driving through the woods when their attention was drawn to two "coach-loads" of troops" who entered the woods by what was known as the "Fleet Exit". They had to reverse and go back and as they did so they noticed just to their what looked like a small, man-made valley with steep sides about fifteen feet deep. Inside this small valley, there were two clear burn marks, which looked like something had either landed or crashed. The presence of so many soldiers milling about concerned the family so they swung the car around and drove back in the direction from which they had come.As they approached a bend on the road they saw standing on a gentle slope two of the strangest looking "men" Hannah had ever seen. Both were of an impressive height, but were exceedingly thin and dressed in "all in one, white, tight-fitting suits with headgear like the astronauts in the Apollo mission wore". For a moment the two "men" remained stationary, however, as Hannah and her family watched transfixed, both suddenly broke into a run and headed for a clearing. Most bizarrely of all, as Hannah continued to follow the path of the two men, they disappeared before her very eyes.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

G'day karl 12

Thanks for posting that detail again.

Oh yes.....when I said "USA link" I meant "Australia link"....doh

The account of the 2 strange "people" was new to me.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for the reply matey - this is quite an interesting video and deals with the Flatwoods Monster incident from West Virginia in 1952 - Stanton Friedman discusses some of the more puzzling aspects of the case including missing metal and liquid samples which were sent to the government never to be seen again.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

G'day karl 12

Thanks....I'd not seen that verey interesting video.

The Flatwoods case is fascinating.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey bud - that incident certainly is a freaky one and theres some pretty darn interesting reading in the FIOA file posted on the thread.

As for missing evidence and UFO documentation, heres a funny one from the CIA - it makes you wonder why they even bothered to declassify it.

Title: CIA UFO document relating to UFOs & the Soviet Union.

Origin: CIA.

To: Blacked out

Date: September 8, 1971

Length: 1 page.

Classification: Unknown

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f21d0079055f.jpg[/atsimg]

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Missing photographic evidence in Lake Erie Coastguard UFO Incident, 1988 - MUFON withold images.

NICAP Report:

Eastlake, Ohio, March 4, 1988

This is a very interesting close encounter and one of FUFOR's top cases. And, this one may have a nuclear connection. A huge, gunmetal gray, football-shaped object that was rocking back and forth was first observed by five people. Then the object began moving; swinging one end toward the shore and descending. The witnesses became frightened, ran back to their car and fled. When they got home, the object was still visible from a window that faced the lake.

The object moved out over the ice and continued to descend, with red and blue lights now flashing in sequence along its lower edge. At one point triangular objects darted around the parent craft, then headed east toward the Perry nuclear power plant. One witness called the Eastlake police to report a UFO, and was finally referred to the Coast Guard. Coast Guard personnel saw the object and reported that it appeared to be landing on the lake.

Link

MUFON:

At about 10:30 P.M. that night T.K. (name and address provided to MUFON), took a photograph in his back yard, within a few miles of the Perry Nuclear Plant, showing a portion of a brightly lit triangular object travelling across the sky (Photograph in possession of MUFON). This object was later confirmed by Mr. and Mrs. B and C.H. to be identical to the triangular objects they were also observing about the same time a few miles away..

Link

Thread

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
U.S. Major Donald Keyhoe discusses UFO government censorship.

Down down down with censorship.

The new wave of UFO appearances fully matches in magnitude the great "flying saucer" scare of the late 1940's and early 1950's, when it wasn't unusual for dozens of UFO sightings to be reported in a single week. UFO activity slowed down somewhat in the late 1950's. But now, suddenly, the UFO's are back - their numbers greater, their origin as obscure, their purpose as unfathomable as ever before.

You haven't heard or read anything about this great new wave. No. Back in the early 1950's the Air Force, charged with investigating UFO's, adopted the posture of "debunking" flying-saucer stories and ridiculing anybody who claimed to have seen an alien craft. Now the tactic has changed. The tactic is total suppression of news.By a strict Air Force order, entitled AFR 200-2, Air Force personnel are forbidden to talk in public about UFO sightings, and information about UFO's is to be withheld from the press unless the thing seen "has been positively identified as a familiar or known object." The U.S. government can also exert indirect pressure on employees of companies working in missile projects, on airline pilots, and on others subject to some measure of government control. Result: news blackout..

The Air force has also kept suspiciously quiet about scores of recent encounters between UFO's and aircraft. In 1962 and again in 1964, the Air Force alleged in various press releases and press interviews that the whole UFO investigation was finished: all sightings had been explained as balloons, hoaxes, illusions and other known phenomena, and the books were closed. This was a strange thing to say. For the Air Force, in effect, was denying that the following documented incidents ever happened:

September 21, 1961: A British and an American jet liner, flying over the Pacific, independently saw a huge round craft fly above them at incredible speed.

May 21, 1962: An Irish International Airlines plane encountered a round, metallic flying device at an altitude of 17,000 feet over England.

December 22, 1962: At Ezezia International Airport, near Buenos Aires, a curious round machine appeared shortly before dawn and put down at the end of Runway 1-0-2-8, blocking a Panagra DC-8 jet that was preparing to land. After a while it took off and sped out of sight.

July 18, 1963: Near Sunnyvale, California, four Air force jets tried to intercept a disc-shaped UFO in the air. According to a report signed by a qualified ground observer and filed at NICAP, the strange craft was much too fast for the jets. It "pulled up in a short arc and shot up out of sight in an estimated three seconds."

This kind of thing has been going on throughout the 1960's. The Air Force persists in denying it, even though - as in the 1963 Sunnyvale incident - observers have clearly seen the Air Force's own planes chasing UFO's. The fact is, the Air Force seems seriously concerned about UFO's and is still investigating them intensively. The Air Intelligence group that is charged with checking up on UFO reports (its code name is Project Blue Book) is still in existence and still active, despite protestations that the book is closed.

Link

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The best story I have read about missing film comes from Col Gordon Cooper in his book "Leap of Faith". At the time, Col Cooper was stationed in California when two of his subordinates filmed a flying saucer landing. He was ordered not to look at the film itself, but Col Cooper looked at the negatives and saw the craft itself and the legs which it landed on.

The footage was handed over to other military personnel and flown to Washington DC the very next day never to be seen again.

When he inquired about it later, the military denied having such film in their possession.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash, thanks for the reply - great addition there mate.

Here's another case of a missing investigation report from the very strange Little Rissington UFO incident of 1952.

Records of the official investigation missing.

When in 2001 Swiney attempted to obtain a copy of his original report to Air Ministry he was told by the MoD that it had 'most likely' been destroyed. However, research at the PRO revealed an entry in the ORB of the Central Flying School, dated 21 October 1952, which read:

'Flight Lieutenant M. J. E. SWINEY, instructor, and Lieutenant B. CROFTS, R.N., student, sighted three mysterious "saucer shaped objects" travelling at high speed at about 35,000' whilst on a high level navigation exercise, in a Meteor VII. Later, A.T.C.C. Gloucester reported radar plots to confirm this, but Air Ministry discounted any possibility of "extra terrestrial objects". '

The evidence suggests that in addition to the testimony of the two pilots, two separate radars had tracked an UFO and this resulted in the scramble of interceptor aircraft. How could the Air Ministry claim, so quickly after the events, that they had 'discounted any possibility' of extraterrestrial objects?Where are the records of the official investigation into this incident that were evidently seen both by Sir Peter Horsley and by Air Commodore Swiney as recently as the 1970s? If there was nothing to hide, then why was this incident kept secret for half a century?

Link

The Little Rissington UFO Incident - October, 1952.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Missing film in the 'Drury affair'.

THE DRURY AFFAIR - "the holy grail of Australian ufology?"

While civilian interest was growing, extensive official interest focused on a daylight movie footage of an extraordinary unidentified "missile" over Port Moresby, taken by Tom Drury, the Deputy Director of the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) in Papua New Guinea, then an Australian territory.

On August 23rd, 1953, Tom Drury was taking pictures at about midday. The sky was clear, when a small cloud began to form. After a few minutes a silver object came out of the cloud. Drury had started filming. The object climbed very fast, with a vapour trail behind it clear marking its trajectory. It was gone in a few seconds. A handwritten note in DAFI files specifically states that the object was not a secret missile-firing from Woomera.

The Drury UFO film became a controversial and famous mainstay of the Australian contribution to the UFO "cover-up" argument. It became all the more controversial when it was claimed that the UFO section of the film was missing and the RAAF were denying any knowledge of its whereabouts.

THE AUSTRALIAN MILITARY & GOVERNMENT ROLE IN THE UFO CONTROVERSY

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join