It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence officials say al-Qaeda will try to attack U.S. in next 6 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Intelligence officials say al-Qaeda will try to attack U.S. in next 6 months

www.washingtonpost.com

The Obama administration's top intelligence officials on Tuesday described it as "certain" that al-Qaeda or its allies will try to attack the United States in the next six months, and they called for new flexibility in how U.S. officials detain and question terrorist suspects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is quite the admission via the Intelligence Agencies in the US. This on the heels of a lot of people talking about another attack.

I know there will be a million "more fear mongering" replies to this, but I have a strange feeling about this. They basically admit that they no longer can track Al Qaeda.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

They basically admit that they no longer can track Al Qaeda.

Sounds even scarier to me if they can't track them. If the CIA is helpless, where does that leave the average American?

Sorry, but this fear mongering is stewed to perfection.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The article never explained what new flexibility they are looking for

Hard to track Al Qaeda when groups constantly keep popping claiming to be a part of the organization.

As far as the 6 month prediction, Duh!

It's a no-brainer, especially since we are trying to eliminate them.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Glad you mentioned that! This is yet another way to strip more rights and to make people scared. Yet, I can't help but wonder if there is some legitimate fear in the US Intel saying that time has run out. Can you imagine the implications on the economy?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Can you imagine the implications on the economy?

Huge implications. But sooner or later Americans are going have to decide if they are going to continue to live in fear or just get used to terrorist being a part of our society.

No government can protect its citizens 100% and to think otherwise is being foolish.

Just think how many people die or get hurt from care accidents per year. Yet, people barely blink an eye before jumping in one and taking off where they need to go.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That's the problem. If one single person blew themselves up in a mall it would bring consumer spending to its knees. The economy would fall apart. My only question is why no one has done that.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

My only question is why no one has done that.

It's coming. But is that any different than somebody potentially shooting up a place at any given moment? IMO, it's the same risk and if it happens, well, it happens.

You can't stop people who are intent on destroying themselves and others at the same time.

People need to quit living in fear and admit that risk of death or harm exists all around us.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
...so cia has been told by cia that cia will attack u.s soil ?

when will the madness end

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I found the

they called for new flexibility in how U.S. officials detain and question terrorist suspects.

Rather worrying..

I also find that I feel we in the West have confused policies..

On the one hand our governments protect minorities rights, while on the other hand they profile minorities for this kind of treatment.

We have governments that seem to lack the will and direction to seek peace or war.. we are, for want of a better word stuck in Limbo..

For my mind we are in the same limbo that plagued the 1930s political landscape.. Just a shame we are in the same Economic and Militaristic landscape...

Which does not bode well to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
"We will make you scared , and you will fear, then you will turn to us to protect you. and we shall by curfews, censorship, control of your safety and the privaledge of decision making will be left to us for your protection, and you will comply, otherwise you will be classified a terrorist.

Certain a terror ( flase flag) attack will happen in 6 months, we'll make sure of it by doing it ourselves, Al CIAda will be the perpetrator to make you turn to your loving and caring government."

More fearmongering in my opinion

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So why would anyone believe the "intelligence community", be it FBI, CIA, NSA, or any other alphabet agency? Their track record hasn't been exactly sterling. They've blown every major thing they were supposed to track for the past twelve years at least.

They have a vested interest in making us fear the boogieman only they can name and stop. Not they they ever do.

A bunch of parasitical incompetents unworthy of being paid attention to. The country would be better off if the spooks were dissolved and people encouraged to simply pay attention to the world around them.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Quick America, cower!!

Don't look into it any further than what the media tells you, there's no time for that; hurry there's a nice pile of sand waiting for your head!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

Yeah.

I see this as TPTB saying "You have 6 months to surrender more of your rights, or you will cop it again!"

Funny how they can predict "an attack" with such certainty, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

when will the madness end
Rats you beat me to it. I guess the only thing I would have changed.....

....so CIA has been told by Mossad the CIA will attack US.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I can't prove this but i think the reason they can't track them is they don't exist.

I don't think there is an al queda at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join