It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WND - US Courts CAN remove ineligible chief executive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Posted: February 01, 2010
9:58 pm Eastern
By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

In the United States, courts can, in fact, remove a chief executive
officer of a government if that officer is found to be ineligible,
according to a court precedent cited in an appeal of a California
lawsuit that challenges Barack Obama's legitimacy in the White House.

A multitude of cases have been brought over the issue of Obama's
eligibility. Some are by critics who have doubts about whether he was
born in Hawaii in 1961 as he has written, and others are from those
who question whether the framers of the Constitution specifically
excluded dual citizens - Obama's father was a subject of the British
crown at Obama's birth - from being eligible for the presidency.

The disputes revolve around the Constitution's demand that the
president be a "natural born citizen."

Link Source

Mod Note: Please refrain from posting external articles in their entirety. Post only the first couple of paragraphs and include a direct link to your external source. Also, also add your thoughts to the matter, as opposed to strictly cutting and pasting.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Mod Note: This post was removed as it was a continuation of an article posted in it's entirety. For a link to the article, refer to the opening post.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Sorry A-E for posting that.Keep up the good work.Flagged

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

For people that are supposedly upholding the constitution, they certainly continue to ignore its intended process. The constitution is clear about which body holds the authority to try and remove the president:

Clause 6: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Clause 7: Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party, (defendant), convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

www.u-s-history.com...
topics.law.cornell.edu...

If evidence is found beyond the doubt that the president is ineligible to hold office, meaning evidence that he was born in Kenya, I am sure the information will gain attention in congress. So you could argue that impeachment can follow on from the findings within a normal court (which could be passed on obviously) but the courts themselves do not reserve the right to remove the president.

Orly Taitz and her fellow lawyers have gone through more than 50 lawsuits already, using the same evidence over and over again. All have been dismissed. This has been going on for nearly 2 years now. This current new lawsuit offers the same evidence that was dismissed in the past lawsuits. I dont know how they expect it will be any different this time.

Likewise though, if there is somebody who holds solid evidence that Barack Obama was born off US soil, the truth will come out. Although that "evidence" is yet to be presented. It doesnt help birthers to speculate conspiracies and aliens as thats not how the court system works, fortunately.

SG

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I actually have a bigger concern.

If Obama completes his term as president and is later found to not have been eligible, does that make all his executive orders and other executive authority decisions null and void??

While him being found out now and outed, or after the fact and having to un-do things are both bad, I think after the fact might be worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I figured he would get ousted by the way he and others paid off people just to pass a bill on so called health care.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
I figured he would get ousted by the way he and others paid off people just to pass a bill on so called health care.

And you think this is a recent thing in DC? I agree with you in the fact that Dems tried to pay off alot of people to pass this bill, whether the payment come in the form of state benefits or catering to lobbyists who have been mounting astroturf tea party events. But then again the Republicans had been paying off people over their war of terror during the previous administration, who knows who was being paid off during the Clinton affair. Reagan and Iran contra? What kind of pay-offs were going on in DC? Nixon? I could go on.

My point being, if it was so easy to charge our representitives for doing such things, it would have been done a long long time ago. Mind you though, with this new supreme court ruling, "pay-offs" have just become alot more easier for the corporations.

SG

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Well I have to admitt that I just recently got intrested in the political side of my life....started after 9/11. I have learned so much from this site in the last year about politics. Like so many others I haden't voted since late 80's.....felt that it didn't make a difference since I was poor.

I vote now , but still skeptial ....the recent win in Massachusetts has given me hope but I fear its too late. So much coruption is gonna be a chore to remove.

We really need to get everyone on the same page about 9/11, I really feel that is holding up everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
the recent win in Massachusetts has given me hope

Brown is another GOP piece to the GOP-Dem hold in DC. Thats all he is really. Both parties have proven their inability to represent their constituents. Third part is the only possible hope we can look to.

new topics

top topics

join