It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do Birthers suffer from advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
Sir, there's no such word as "birther." The term was invented by the Obama administration to defame, ridicule, and disrespect ordinary law-abiding citizens.

What would they prefer to be called? Happy sunshine-loving inquirers of truth and peace? It doesn't matter much, because it's a name used to link people who think the same about this topic. And if there is no such word, you shouldn't use it.

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
reply to post by Adonsa

"birthers" or as you put it, normal people who are ridiculed by being called birthers

Normal implies that it is the most likely action. As it stands, 36% of self-identified Republicans think that Obama was not born in the US, 42% think he's a natural citizen, and 22% are "unsure." By definition, it is not normal to think that he isn't a US citizen.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Nothing new here. Apparently Media Matters issued some new marching orders yesterday because there were two new anti birther threads created.

The OP has the nerve to post such a thread contained in a site full of theories from light saber construction, magic wands, drinking coffee with aliens and the end of the world in 2012 and yet he finds that birthers are somehow deranged.

Obama arose literally out of nowhere and into the Oval OFfice and subsequently holds one of the most powerful positions (on paper) in the world. If you weren't from Chicagoland you wouldn't know anything about him.

Naturally, during the campaign people wanted to learn more about this man with no experience whatsoever. People constantly ran into dead ends at every corner and that will of course raise suspicion .

All we know about the man is what can be gleaned from his well crafted and contrived memoirs. The book was first published in 1995 and re released in 2004 to coincide with his famous convention speech. This book was carefully followed by "Audacity of Hope" in 2007.

So many theories and unanswered questions about the man with no past. Personally, I think his wild child mom got knocked up by Black man in Seattle and her parents moved her to Hawaii to give birth in an environment where Obama would not look out of place back in a still conservative 1961. 1961 was a time when society still frowned on unwed mothers and especially unwed mothers of mixed race babies. Barack Sr. became "the father" for "business reasons" and those reasons alone. That is why he abandoned them after only a year. Barack Sr. never looked back or even really knew his "son". Why would Obama write a book titled for a father he never knew?

Sounds pretty Wacky Eh?? Naturally, I think I forgot to take my Haldol this morning so my post is irrelevant.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Wow such ignorance on the OP's part then they probably log into an alternate account and act like another person supporting their original post, it isn't hard to do.

Anyone who supports a fraud like Obama is a traitor to the people of this country and the US Constitution.
Anyone who opposes someone who questions our government is a traitor.
It is our responsibility to make sure our government isn't compromised and acting on its own behalf which is clearly is.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
personally i do not feel strongly one way or another

to accuse a whole group of what you are speaking about is a bit incredulous in my opinion

see you have to look at things unbiasedly from the big picture standpoint

enough people have questioned this that is HAS become an issue whether or not anyone likes it

to solve this situation, all it takes is a piece of paper a piece of paper, publicly released on a national level

with the release of the paper, all questions about his birth status are ended, those who still question it either need some type of proof or they have mental issues at that point

but the paper has not been released

similar to the 9/11 pentagon video footage

they could end all speculation about the plane and the pentagon by releasing a simple video tape

but they dont release the tape, and they dont release the official birth certificate

you see this is the president we are talking about, if people wish to ask questions, they deserve answers, he is the president so by law he has to be completely transparent (even though bush got away with not being)

the simple fact the administration allows speculation to continue, to me is enough grounds to continue asking questions

i dont understand why there is still debate about it

without an official publicly released document, neither side has anything other then speculation and heresay

so why doesnt everyone just stop the bickering, and just force the proof to come out, then the winner will be shown

but why is there all of this nonsense going on

its like people are trying to create a new major conspiracy

and that goes for both sides

i mean how can one side be so adamant hes a citizen, when theres really no proof yet

on top of that, how can the other side be so adamant when theres really no proof yet

personally i think everyone is being ridiculous

i dont just understand why everyone cant just demand proof to end the discussion

its seriously seeming like this is all being done to drive our country apart and create groups to fight against each other

its just wasting our resources and distracting from other problems

this country needs to stop this childish bickering

if it can be proven, prove it, lets move on, if it cant be proven, its probably not true, lets do something about it and move on

but for the love of god, stop the incessant childish bickering

we are all americans, we should all be on the same side

i dont understand how one side can settle for a answer with no proof, that wouldnt fly in the court of law, it shouldnt fly in the USA regarding a president

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
on top of all that, i personally am new to the situation, i have heard about it for a while but have just started trying to get to the bottom of it on my own

in the other thread while trying to do that and simply asking questions

i got some help and some respectful answers from those who believe he was born here, however i got a lot of smart ass comments too that did nothing to help or educate but just act like they are right and everyone else is wrong

that type of thing does nothing good for our country

someone just trying to begin to learn about the situation should have an easy time figuring out what is going on by now, especially after it has been questioned for this long

but instead of trying to learn or gain information, both sides are too busy bashing each other like morons

edited to say, the only things i have read or seen regarding obama being born elsewhere contains contradictory information

on top of that though, the only information i have been given by those who say is was born here, also has contradictory information and other questionable things

for example the birth certificate i was given a link to

it says something along the lines of its voided if any alterations have been made

and you can clearly see things blacked out, which is an alteration, so that document is void by the documents own admission

so far, from the questions i have asked, neither side has been able to give any proof to the situation, yet both sides are treating the other like they are psychotic idiots

this is making our country look REALLY BAD

people need to smarten up and be more mature about things

look at things and deal with things scientifically because too many emotions are really screwing up our country right now

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don’t think “birthers” are any more schizophrenic than lets say Obama Girl. The difference is Birthers want to see what every other president provided before Obama. A birth certificate that has not been altered by photo shop.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Are you kidding? - Is this some sort of Joke?

This is your post? /chuckle

"advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage"

First am going to say - Obama's birth location/issue you are discussing is of absolute zero relevance to me. There are enough other issues out there to be concerned with, entering into this is of the "more dangerous water" type.

But...
There are a number of troubling items in your post though, lets run though them.
1) You are working so very hard to make sure you label and classify a section of humanity.

Birthers are a group all to their own - proof in the fact that a term had to be invented to describe them. Now, it'll not be kept secret that i have a deep loathing for these individuals...not because i support Obama (because i do not) but because i have a deep seeded hatred for down right deliberately insane acts of stupidity. Birthers, in my opinion, embody that.

Right there you have done your very best to classify people based on their opinions and thoughts. Why is it so important for you to separate yourself from others in humanity? Rather then help, you are only stirring the pot - I have to ponder why someone would take such a path and then question the motives behind it.

You then spend much time (am not going to bother with quotes) going though various "medical" terms for ailments such people you have now labeled, suffer from. Again, I have to ask what your intent is here with this? Is this a boast from you on your intelligence? How exactly do you now intend to use this information you have gathered on previously labeled persons to help the situation?

But is it involuntary? Well, again, thats all in the eye of the beholder. I choose to believe that it is involuntary, because i cannot fathom how someone can so openly support such an idea in opposition of so much evidence.

Ok, so now you are openly admitting that you lack any sort of ability to think/feel out side YOUR box. I am just going to assume (ya I know, bad thing to do, but no need to waste a lot of time on garbage here) that with your self admitted deficiency in having the ablity to view things through any other viewpoint/experience then your own, you also lack any sort of ability to try and reach out to make a difference.

To seal any sort of questionablity here:

And to top it off, i find it rather ironic that the same people who believe the earth was created 7000 years ago and that Noah crammed billions of pairs of animals onto a boat to survive a flood are all coming out and telling us that they have "proof" that Obama is not a citizen...

Further labeling and and pretty much overall just jibberish/last ditch attempt to further slander - has no bearing on your discussion.

From what I can gather here, you are standing there holding a "Red Apple", thus all apples are Red - if they are not, the person holding the non-red apple suffers from an ailment that you are willing to research and use against said person.

It really does take a form of mental illness to truly believe this stuff. And it takes someone far worse to help spread it.

Yes Sir, it does - The saddest part of all of it though - is everyone wants to serve the dish of *snip*, but no one wants to help do the dishes.

Take your fancy words, and stuff them - until you can come out of the corner with a willingness to help, rather then further distruction.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/3/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey original poster... talk about self-piety and having a narcissistic personality disorder... you fit the bill PERFECTLY!

If you think these people are crazy, then prove it. Get the original documentation that the "birthers" are looking for and prove them wrong... Until you can do that, your pseudo-psycho babble holds no water.

So, nutt up or shut up and go lay by your dish.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Talk about a total lack of reasoning skills! This post is more of the same slanderous name calling those of us with functioning brains have come to expect. I want the poster to answer just one question; What hospital was Obama born in? And yes it does matter. Just tell us what hospital the POTUS was born in and on what day and this whole matter is put to rest for good. For those of who were actually born in the United States we and have had the sense to look at our birth certificates, we are aware that the name of the hospital that we were born at is clearly indicated.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by twocanpete
Talk about a total lack of reasoning skills! This post is more of the same slanderous name calling those of us with functioning brains have come to expect. I want the poster to answer just one question; What hospital was Obama born in? And yes it does matter. Just tell us what hospital the POTUS was born in and on what day and this whole matter is put to rest for good. For those of who were actually born in the United States we and have had the sense to look at our birth certificates, we are aware that the name of the hospital that we were born at is clearly indicated.

My point exactly! How can you call someone crazy unless you can prove it? So prove the birthers wrong and then you will have a valid post... otherwise, as I have said before... go lay by your dish.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
another thing i have to post

what the hell is wrong with everyone lately

instead of anyone debating things intelligently

if someone believes or asks questions about something that is different from what someone else believes, that person is automatically called some version of some crazy psychopathic idiot

this whole usa verse usa thing has to stop, people need to come together if we are ever going to fix this country
this childish bickering is destroying our country and there is no reason for it

lets all just ask questions, which is legal, acceptable and should be allowed, no question is stupid

when no answers come up for a specific question, lets look deeper, and when we find the answers, then lets say we told you so, but this absurd bickering when neither side has any proof is just insanely ignorant

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A little harsh on the Schizo element.
And Narcissistic rage... maybe some of them.
Maybe just abject fear.... and subliminal racism.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
another thing i have to post

what the hell is wrong with everyone lately

instead of anyone debating things intelligently

if someone believes or asks questions about something that is different from what someone else believes, that person is automatically called some version of some crazy psychopathic idiot

this whole usa verse usa thing has to stop, people need to come together if we are ever going to fix this country
this childish bickering is destroying our country and there is no reason for it

lets all just ask questions, which is legal, acceptable and should be allowed, no question is stupid

when no answers come up for a specific question, lets look deeper, and when we find the answers, then lets say we told you so, but this absurd bickering when neither side has any proof is just insanely ignorant

Obama! You signed up!

Let me be the first to welcome you.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Snarf:

Please post your medical degree and other credentials that allow you to make such a psychiatric diagnosis.

Without any of those to back you up, it is just as possible that it is you that is suffering from some sort of delusions.

Impersonating a doctor can also be considered a crime.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
Maybe just abject fear.... and subliminal racism.

I wonder if all the people who automatically assume racism when it comes to Obama criticism aren't just projecting their own deep-seated racism. After all there must be some reason their minds automatically take that route, and it sure as hell isn't the usual reason given when black people and white people argue about most anything else.

Reminds me of the South Park episode where Chef doesn't realize that the kids aren't even paying attention to what colors the guys in the flag or whatever were. They made a good point.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Impersonating an officer can also be considered a crime.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think there is something to what you say OP. There are a lot of factors involved too.

The other day I read an interesting Scientific American article. Turns out that for many caucasion Americans, when they are shown pictures of people of ethnicity and asked "If this person American?", well guess which color faces where considered American and which were not...

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Thank you for your insight. As a person who lives among narcissists I found the OP's diagnosis to be a little off.

It's not fun to live with narcissistic people and what's worse it seems young adults these days are prone to it.

It should also be noted Schizophrenia is not something that can be diagnosed over the internet. It is not something to insult another person with. It is a very serious, life debilitating mental illness and it's not ok to use it to insult people.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by centurion1211

Impersonating an officer can also be considered a crime.

Quite true. But who's doing that?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Ridhya

Thank you for your insight. As a person who lives among narcissists I found the OP's diagnosis to be a little off.

It's not fun to live with narcissistic people and what's worse it seems young adults these days are prone to it.

It should also be noted Schizophrenia is not something that can be diagnosed over the internet. It is not something to insult another person with. It is a very serious, life debilitating mental illness and it's not ok to use it to insult people.

Another would-be medical professional?

At least one with a more open mind ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join