It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals and their sixth Sense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No doubt in my mind that animals have a "sixth sense."

In 1994, we had two small but notable earthquakes in my hometown in PA. There was a 4.0 foreshock and 4.7 main shock. Nothing big, but enough to cause some minor damage (cracked drywall, a cabinet rattled out of the wall, things thrown off shelves, etc.). My otherwise fearless Welsh terrier (he passed on in 2002) spent the hours before those earthquakes hiding inside an end table. He never did anything like that another day in in his life, but that afternoon and evening, he was utterly terrified.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I think you hit it on the head. I believe it is in all of us, but our lifestyle and technology have rendered this survival skill unnecessary, so it has been pushed to the back, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
maybe there is just a death phermone that animals can smell and we obviously cant? my cats love me to death but I havent been able to wish them to my side yet

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

As soon as I saw this post, I thought about Rupert Sheldrake. First reply was about Rupert Sheldrake. Good stuff man thats a +

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
animals can sence danger, and even if someone is a good or bad person, we (human beings) have the same abilties but are just too stupid to know how to use them (a nicer way of saying it)

over time we forgot how to use these gifts, but if you were to take the time and learn, you probally can figure it out, it's not really that hard to sence danger death and if someone is a bad person, it just takes an open mind

and if your sitting on your couch/chair/floor/pillow/bean bag saying "ha yea right" then you will never learn how to use such a gift, which in that case i don't morun your loss of an abiltiy.

it takes a skilled mind to aquire such a feat, but when you do, its much easily to figure out which people are truly your friends and which aren't

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

This may sound some what weird, but we've all heard the expression "animals can smell fear". Given how much better most animals can smell, I have long felt this may literately be true. Predators may smell elevated stress induced chemicals such as adrenilyn and cortisol. I owned a cat and dog many years ago. The dog died in my arms with my cat looking on. Just when my dog put his head in my lap and died, my cat went totaly nuts. She even climbed up the drapes, something she never did in the ten years I had her. If numerous biochemicals can be smelled by some animals, this would make sense. I'm less likely to believe in "exotic" reasons animals do some things, and seem to know some things we miss. I put my faith in biochemistry, at least most of the time.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Please understand I have absolutely no knowledge what-so-ever about this, so if I sound naive about it just keep it to yourselves

I've always thought animals had some sort of sixth sense.

In my experiences as a child, I thought animals could feel feelings. I remember whenever I was sad my dog would always randomly walk into my room and lay down next to me. It was really coincidental, but always made me feel better.

Obviously, I don't believe animals can sense feelings, but it always intrigued me!

I think I'm mainly just responding in this thread because I miss my pup, ha

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Qigong masters can smell cancer -- it smells like burning flesh. Dogs are now trained to detect cancer as well -- through smell. Smell is the only sensation that directly bypasses the cortex going straight to the cerebrum where quantum beats determine a frequency and phase coherence. That's why smell reacts to new stimuli but then quickly adapts so a person does not smell themselves or even a new smell as strongly -- as it's not registered in the cortex consciousness. Also the reason you can smell yourself on the first breath of waking up since you're coming out of theta wave consciousness of the deep brain cerebrum processing. The Secret Life of Lobster book details how lobsters "smell" reality through their antennae acting like quantum detectors. Phil Callahan made the same discovery about insects -- they have antennae which are quantum frequency-phase transducers so that an ELF wave will actually trigger an electrochemical "smell" reaction. And amazingly this reaction can produce visible light -- through quantum frequency transduction as ionization.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
maybe there is just a death phermone that animals can smell and we obviously cant? my cats love me to death but I havent been able to wish them to my side yet

That is indeed a strong possibility. Their sense of smell is very keen. For example my dog stress growls and whimpers at anyone with Diabetes, we worked it out, after a few family members with it he reacted this way from day one, and as he is so gentle and we started asking people if they had diabetes if he did this to strangers and every time they do without fail.

A death Pheromone hmmm, its no doubt related to smell, however the cat Oscar knows within 2 hours of death, and Tims dogs as in my opening post howled on the exact moment of last breath, so when does this pheromone happen? 2 hours before or at moment of death? They were also outside at the back of the house. But I think you are on the right track, that said, Tim's dogs felt him go not smelt him I am convinced. Unless of course they could immediately smell our anxiety and sadness?

I do think however when it comes to natural disaster, they have a connection perhaps to earth vibration as they do sense danger. I'm off to dig up more on this concept.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Way back in my youth, we had a little poodle that somehow was able to sense when my mom was about to arrive home. It didn't matter what time of day it was. Whether she was returning from a quick trip to the store, or she'd been
gone for hours made no difference. He knew. No matter what he was doing...
playing with us kids, napping, eating...he'd stop what he was doing, run to the front door and sit there in this heightened state of alertness. In about 2-3 minutes, she'd pull into the driveway. This proved that she would be a good distance away when he got his 'signal'.
Some friends of mine have a cool little female Yorkie who has definitely shown similar psychic abilities.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this to see if it works!

Edit - dammit it didn't (it was one of those ASCII art pics of a sad doggie) it's on this if you want to see what I'm rambling on about

[edit on 4/2/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hello this is my first post. I have this siamese cat named Louis he's not a typical siamese. He is really really friendly, well i did purchase him with my girlfriend at the time and as i walked around the corner to the veiwing glass he put his paw up on the screen. Both me and the girlfriend said thats the one we are getting. Well i am no longer with that girl and looking back on how the cat acted towards her when i was around made sence. She was not the right girl for me and Louis would never sit with her, if i was around or even listen to her. I could call him by name and he would come over within 30 seconds. Cats are stubborn! But when other girls come over he is a good judge of character and would be socailable with some and others wouldnt want anything to do with them. I myself am a good judge of character but when it comes to relationships i am stubborn i have to learn my mistakes on my own. Well i think i may start listening more when it comes to that. He still has his claws and we wont scratch me no matter would i do, except baths...lol

I will never get rid of LOUIS he and my older sister's dog who he only sees twice a year are like boyfriend and girlfriend. Gordan is the dog its split between boxer and pitbull its a big dog and Louis and Gordon play fight none of them step over the line...its quite a sight to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join