It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imminent War? I think we are at boiling point.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Ofc war will break out
is that a news
?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
reply to post by purpleduck

Van Gogh was just crazy, that was the cause for his great art. These people you listed inspire people. They did not say hah im better then you.

You're missing mine as well. I agree with every single word you said except the misconception that Van Gogh was crazy and that is the reason for his great art. Just an ignorant myth you're buying into. He was much more sane than most people. Read his diaries. He had bursts of an unknown illness but this doesn't mean he was crazy. he was different and people think different people are crazy, but people are wrong and different people are not crazy.

Saying Van Gogh is crazy is ignorant. If your grandma or says it, then probably it is ignorant, right? Is your grandma a person of objectively high culture?

Great people are great, not insane because they're great. You underestimate them greatly, in my opinion. Just because of your monster ego. Also you think you're separate from them, while I feel so much closer to them than to you. I feel much sympathy for Van Gogh, I feel him closer to my own sensitivity. Woops, maybe I'm crazy. I'm not you silly! People are crazy. Artists are original, AND SUPERIOR TO PEOPLE on the intellectual level and as for aesthetic sensitivity. Do you understand the word SUPERIOR? Better. Preferable to.

Superior might mean that they LOOK or SEEM crazy to, indeed, shallow and superficial, TV conditioned people.
My shallowness is nothing compared to theirs. My "shallowness" is simply love of beauty. God created beauty. Differentiating ugliness from beauty, as well as finding beauty in ugliness, is what I think God wants from us. Otherwise why the # did he create beauty. For masturbation?

Beauty is DIVINE.

So if you call an artist like Van Gogh crazy it's because you're closed minded and/or you bought into the lies of history books. Sorry. It is the truth.

I'm not saying you'll say yes. I'm not saying the media agree with that. I'm simply saying it's the terrible, awful, controversial truth most people disagree with because most people's opinions are inherently wrong. Artists are intellectually superior human beings. And so the wise people I listed. One who lives thinkin about them and hating the ways of most people is, in my own opinion, a wise person. I believe Buddha rejected people's ways, found them WRONG, criticized them, was banned because of this, and respected wise people immensely instead. He served himself of compassion to TOLERATE people, not to RESPECT their stupidity like most people do.

WAR!
Society must revolve around superior intellect and spirit, beauty and truth, and NOT mediocrity!

Society of today is based upon mediocrity! Mediocrity is respected and venered!
WAR! I will not support mediocrity! I will hate it!

I hate mediocrity! WAR!

Of course you're not going to agree. So what. It makes it even more true.

WAR!

Bottom line: people are wrong and too quick in their judgement (you calling Van Gogh crazy is a quick, shallow and ignorant judgement) and different people are not crazy. I have a problem not with different people, but with the mass of people who are ALL EQUAL and undistiguishable one from the other.

WAR to mediocrity! WAR to all people looking and being the same! They can't be rulers! They're not the best people in the world!

WAR!

Mediocre people are the worst people in the world! They are making a mess! They are killing the human intellect and spirit!

But anyhow, I think you're a good person. Probably a very good person, a seeker of awareness, but like everyone, including me, we have the tendency to buy and think incorrect stuff and don't take the chance to question these false myths - the Van Gogh craziness is just one of it. I do it all the time and I'm not surprised you do it too. May you and me find our relative right paths.

Peace.

And WAR!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

If you engineer a thing to work the way you want it to you may have to disasembel something first. If doing so would obstruct your agenda then you simply manufacture a problem or illusion of a problem to keep any obstacles from your path.

We assume one engineer in this scenario when in fact if could be several acting in concert with one another behind the scenes. They know each others script and each does he/r part on the public stage.
We the unsucepecting public makes assumptions on the overall agenda.

But its engineered agenda is so complex and interwoven we see only that which they want us to see. We argue amongst ourselves and do nothing to disrupt the agenda because we are scaredd, or confused or not sure where to begin, so we do nothing. We are divided in our selves and with each other thus rendered seemingly helpless.

We aasume we have the weapons to fight with, but are unaware that they have weapons we know not of. The one power we do have we do not use because they have made us believe it does not exist.

Thus they do not need nuclear war, only its threat, ( somewhat like a parent only threatening a spanking to get compliance from a child).

So your choice to do nothing, not connect with others and to argue and remain ignorant is their strength and your weakness.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There have been plenty of times in history when we've been in situations like this. Rest assured, you'll wake up tomorrow to see the sun. Nothing is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
There have been plenty of times in history when we've been in situations like this. Rest assured, you'll wake up tomorrow to see the sun. Nothing is going to happen.

Pfffffffhahahhaha!

See you in a few years.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by purpleduck

In school i did a report on Van Gogh's art. I had to research the artist in order to truly understand the art. Wish i could show you my report but my computer crashed instead i will just show you how i came to this conclusion. While he may have been a brilliant individual it was because of his mental problems that he drew the way he drew.

www.vangoghgallery.com...

peice from the site

He decided to go south to Arles where he hoped his friends would join him and help found a school of art. Gauguin did join him but with disastrous results. In a fit of epilepsy, van Gogh pursued his friend with an open razor, was stopped by Gauguin, but ended up cutting a portion of his ear lobe off. Van Gogh then began to alternate between fits of madness and lucidity and was sent to the asylum in Saint-Remy for treatment.

From same sight different article.

www.vangoghgallery.com...

Thujone poisoning

In order to counter act his attacks of epilepsy, anxiety, and depression, Van Gogh drank absinthe, a toxic alcoholic drink popular with many artists at the time. Thujone is the toxin in absinthe. Unfortunately, the Thujone worked against Van Gogh aggravating his epilepsy and manic depression. High doses of thujone can also cause one to see objects in yellow. Various physicians have differing opinions on whether or not this is what caused Van Gogh's affinity with yellow.

Hypergraphia

Hypergraphia is a condition causing one to need to write continuously; this disorder is commonly linked to mania and epilepsy. Some believe that the massive collection of over 800 letters Van Gogh wrote during his lifetime could be attributed to this condition.

Don't believe my word or this website, look it up for yourself you will see that he was crazy. It was what he saw while he had these fits of madness that is why he painted the way he did.

Its like Dr. Seuss, he took alot of acid and then wrote his books, which explains the books. I know what this drug does to you and from personal experience I am saying that this explains how he got the idea for his books.

And i agree peace and war. Just wish it didnt have to be war. Although a world with peace would be uneventful.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
U 2 arguing (purple duck&pajjkor) are wangs and should be the first to go to war. This was a post
about WW3 and u guys are arguing about Van Gogh and how pretty\clever u are. Get lost the both of you and let the adults talk. Im surprised the admins havent deleted those posts.(and mine)

But heres my point. What would you rather have WW3 or or the continuation of this sick society.

In my opinion the latter is worst, think about it. Billions of people dying in world war 3 due to their inability to grasp the fact that govenment sanctioned killing is still murder just on a larger scale orrrrrr........

the millions of people dying every year due to starvation and preventable diseases.

I think war is necessary to delete the billions of ignorant idiots who believe that any man can claim authority over anyone else. If you are willing to go to war then you deserve to die.

Dont get me wrong im not nihilistic, but the fact is there is something majorly wrong with the world and its not gonna be solved by a minor solution.

As for the people who think we can destroy the earth, get real and stop being so egotistical. The world was here long before humans and will be here long after. We are but an hour in the history of the earth. Yeah we might wipe out 99.9 percent of all living things. But the earth started from scratch im sure it will be fine.

As for dying, can it really be worse than the hell we currently have on earth? Well yeah, but ill take my chances. All i know im not picking up my gun to fight for someone elses idealogy.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

Our argument started out about war, it just got heated. I did not mean to go so far off topic.

Anyway back to war, war cannot be stopped. It can be used to protect people, or stop ideas. when you suggest that people that want to go to war should die then you are suggesting that the US forefathers should have been killed. That America should have just submitted to England's will?

Peace was an outcome of war. People would be living in bliss if it were not for war, but then we would not have came as far as we have today. War has pushed people to try and be better then the opposing force. It is because of war that we have things like satellites, jets and who knows what else, I know it probably had a lot of affect on medicine. While war is tragic it has benefited mankind.

I close with this, war will happen soon, you can see it all around you. America is trying to find ways to fight two wars at one time. If a country is fights two wars at one time, then the fighting will grow and grow until its another world war. Wars are meant to be fought one at a time.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

A talk about Van Gogh is an itelligent talk you should participate to and began from the war. I don't believe in the concept of out-of-topic. Attack rejected. I'll keep talking about Van Gogh.

I'll do whatever I want, whenever I want.

But I'll do it outta here.

As for the other guy, my friend, I have studied Van Gogh as well. Very deeply. I know he SEEMS crazy because books SEEM to say so. He was manic depressive, had hypergraphia.

None of these things definemy definition of CRAZY.
And the art/craziness association is just a myth.

To me it is. And to me, absolute reality is what I think it is. Not what opthers think That is not reality. Taht is irreality.

Therefore Van Gogh was not "crazy", albeit maybe manic depressive. MAYBE. Which is a conditin a lot of people have, all women are manic depressive for example, ina a light or extreme way.

Therefopre, the matter here is: difference from what IS, and what SEEMS. Two completely different things.

Yes. Van Gogh SEEMS crazy. But he IS not. He had fits of epilepsy that made him out of control for BRIEF periods. But for the rest of the time he was perfectly normal and much more reasonable than your mum. He made his art while he was ok and as a tool for recovery, therefore his illness is not a direct generator of his best art, rather the indirect way he got to work to heal.
Make the one with ears, and ear lobes, understand.

Anyhow, I'm outta here. I gave my two cents. I feel underappreciated. Not really me, but the SMALL wisdom in my words. But it's ok. What matters in today's world is hotness. And being crazy.

Hot, crazy, (for I am crazy, opposite to Vincent) and a little wise. What more can I ask for.
If I don't fit american humour I don't give a #, it is appreciated in Europe, the continent of culture.

America isn't the best country in the world. It could be the worst, culturally.

So my friend (can't recall your username and can't be bothered to open a new browser tab to see it), peace and war.

Don't let what it looks like fool you. That is the difference between death and life these times. And leaving the States as nothing will be left there. It had to go.

Goodbye --

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe the regain of violence in Gaza will be the trigger for the next big war...
Alliance are done (Iran, Hezbolla, Lebanon, Syria) VS (Israel and US) and a lot of spectators.

Violence are reported each days but it may explode very soon...

news.xinhuanet.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join