It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia tape recovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
LinK

"In a videotape released Friday by NASA, Columbia astronauts in the final minutes of their lives sipped drinks, put on their gloves, joked and mugged for the camera, unaware of the catastrophe awaiting them. The cassette was found among shuttle wreckage three weeks ago. "Looks like a blast furnace," commander Rick Husband comments to his crew, referring to the bright flashes outside the cockpit windows as Columbia re-entered the atmosphere."

How did the tape survive?

XOAS

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
right how did the tape survive ?

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good question!!
And I for one do not beleive the rest of the" tape" was so badly damaged they could not see it. I'm not even sure I beleive it was a tape. More like hard disk digital recorder I would think.

Also, did anybody see the UFO in the window. Right after she pans the camera so it is pointing out the window, I saw something very small moving past the window.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
anyone heard if or when (most likely if) this video will be released to the general pop? it would be interesting. if it's already out where can i see it?

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Go here
Click on watch videos, there is a short clip and the 14 min one.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
thanks, i also wonder. what happened to the rest of the tape? i'm gonna guess that they didn't stop recording when the video ends. did they not release the rest because it is kind of sick to watch someone burn to death, or is there some other damning evidence of gross negligence on nasa or the pilots part? just something to chew on. oh and i didn't see the little blip out the window, are you sure it just wasn't your computer not reading the stream correctly?

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That probably wasnt a ufo, just some burning waste.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think that is a UFO- I think that is simply the normal gases that are encountered upon re-entry. They are extremely hot and basically the job of the space shuttle is to deflect the heat with the tiles. Basically, the space shuttle turns into a controlled fireball during re-entry, what we saw was most likely the beginning of it. However, as has been pointed out, the rest of the tape is supposedly destroyed- clearly a lie.

I found the little flirtation with the mirror kind of funny-- but for me, it seemed like the sequence was staged. It almost too perfectly encapsulates that the astronauts didn't know what was going to happen. Makes me wonder what really happened to the shuttle.

new topics

top topics

join