It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Article on Bush and the Iraqi Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Here is an editorial written for Buzzflash.com. It has some very interesting things to say about terrorism, the war, and Bush's decision-making. A must read for Bush supporters, and the rest of us
Here's a short excerpt:

So far they have killed over 700 Americans, a number that rises by as many as 12 a day. With the aid of conventional weapons, like mortars and machine guns, along with the ever deadly improvised explosive devices (IEDs), Iraqis have been quite effective in dispatching us permanently from this life or, at least, separating us from our limbs.

In this endeavor, they are alleged to have had the assistance of other terrorist groups. According to a recent report by the International Institute of Strategic Studies (IISS), the U.S. occupation of Iraq brought al Qaeda recruits from across many Islamic nations. "Up to 1,000 foreign Islamic fighters have infiltrated Iraqi territory, where they are cooperating with Iraqi insurgents."

The full article can be found here:
www.buzzflash.com...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have heard this before, but I spent the time reading it again. It all depends on how you spin whatever you want to spin.

I doubt very much that even if we left Iraq alone, the terrorists would have left us alone.

Iraq is all about starting freedom in the middle east. We don't see many people in America joining terrorist organizations because we have Shreck and PS2. If people are free to go home to their girlfriend and a movie or whatever they want, they will not be joining an organization where they could be killed. This is what Iraq is about. Were hoping that Iran sees this and says, "Hey, I want some of that freedom."

In the long run, taking out Saddam (in my opinion, noone can say for sure) will show itself to be the right move. The people will create their own free government, which they have said they want. Hopefully others will follow.
That would be a good thing.

new topics

join