It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man buries himself in snow to evade police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Now this guy is a very good candidate for the darwin award if you ask me. Running through a river and then burying yourself in the snow up to your neck is a very good way to go to sleep and die..

STRATFORD, Ont. - A pickup truck driver in southwestern Ontario was recovering in hospital from hypothermia Sunday evening after he crossed a river on foot and then buried himself up to his neck in snow in an attempt to hide from police. Police began searching for the driver of a pickup just west of Kitchener, Ont., after he failed to stop for a cruiser. When the truck became stuck in a ditch, the driver and a passenger took off on foot. A second passenger remained in the vehicle. Police caught the fleeing passenger but it took the assistance of a canine unit to later locate the driver, found buried in snow. He was sent to hospital by ambulance.

source

I have done some really stupid stunts in my life but what the hell was he thinking??

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It don't say how long they took to find him - I on;y say cos about the last stage in hypothermia is a feeling of intense body heat, people are often found partially clothed... maybe if he was out there long enough in his case burying him self in snow 'seemed' sensible?

join