It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Homosexuality In The Military May Cause 'Natrual Disasters'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what type of religious head-gear is worn, an Extremist is an Extremist and their views should not be forced upon the majority. Especially not when they make correlations between "natural disasters" and "sexual orientation."

Strangely, Israel (which has a large population of Orthodox Jews) is one of the most socially-accepting nations towards homosexuality.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Everyone - well it appears almost everyone - knows that the gay rights movement is a political movement.

The movement is working through political channels, just as equal rights for women and blacks have in the past (and continuing today). But they are not doing it to make a political statement, which is what you first asserted:

Think they'll ultimately think it was worth it in order to make a mostly political statement?

Changing the wording of your position midstream is a sign that you are losing your argument.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
wow this dude is completely nuts... like... scary nuts!! for actually believing what hes is saying!...holy #!%*

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The movement is working through political channels, just as equal rights for women and blacks have in the past (and continuing today). But they are not doing it to make a political statement, which is what you first asserted:

[...]

Changing the wording of your position midstream is a sign that you are losing your argument.

Technically speaking, there are elements within the Gay Rights movement that are seeking to make political statements and social changes. Just as there were factions within the Black Rights Movement that were doing the same. It is unfair to generalise and stereotype a few as representative of most, but sometimes these factions exert extraordinary influence and funding to effect social change through the use of political statements.

As for the Feminist/Woman's Liberation movements...well, I believe the most ardent supporters and financiers of these movements do not have the concept of "equal rights for women" as the actual End Goal of their seemingly noble endeavours. It seems some of those backing the Gay Rights Movement do not have the concept of "equal rights for gays" as their End Goal either.

[edit on 3/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sounds words...

I just really dream of a time when we are all truely equal and not having the religious right deciding who can and cannot get married. The fact is it doens't harm a person if his neighbor marries his boyfriend. If it does then the sure have a real shaky hold on their faith or lives or both.

IMO of course

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Maybe this is some sort of disclosure, the rabbi is spilling the beans!

The military are trying to harness the collective power of gays by accepting them in, so they can use them to create natural disaters, kind of a mobile HAARP device.

I mean come on, how in this day and age can people think this let alone preach it!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I believe in equal rights for gay people and on first thought, openly gay people in the military seemed like a fine idea.

Then I stopped for a moment and imagined one of our openly gay army guys charging the enemy, not with a bayonet on the end of his rifle, rather a big rubber fist. Imagine what Jihad Jamal would be thinking about at the site of gay GI Joe coming at him wearing a pink dress, a rainbow hat, and brandishing a big rubber fist at the end of his rifle.

Sorry... my imagination is just too active.

If a straight Army guy did that he would be thrown out of the military. If a gay army guy does it I'm sure he will be protected by some sort of discrimination law.

Just a thought.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Technically speaking, there are elements within the Gay Rights movement that are seeking to make political statements and social changes.

Yes, but that's not the main gist of the movement. Gay people, in general, just want equality.

It seems some of those backing the Gay Rights Movement do not have the concept of "equal rights for gays" as their End Goal either.

I'm sure their number is greater than zero, but I AM speaking in generalizations and most gay people just want to live and let live.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well put!

This is not a political statement...it's a statement of equal human rights.

Everyone - well it appears almost everyone - knows that the gay rights movement is a political movement. It may have its roots in a quest for equal rights, but to say it is not political is disingenuous at best.

And look who is making the decision under discussion - the leading politician (obama) in the U.S.

It might be political to those that are not in favor of equal rights for gays, and because of that, the gays have been pulled into a political battle...but the gays agenda certainly isn't political....not any more than the blacks had a political agenda or women for that matter.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As a veteran it's just bad news. Shower rooms would need to divided up for one. Speaking from when I was enlisted, if some jerk in the shower is smiling at me with a woody, I feel I would have no option to respond to the threat as if it were an intended rape, and kick his butt from one bloodied wall to another. When women were brought in for combat training, huge amounts of money was spent building new buildings and separate bathrooms. Women would never let men shower with them, if us men tried we'd get our butts kicked. We'd need separate bathrooms.

The cohesion between soldiers would be damaged. Just like friendships between men and women friends are forever damaged when one makes a unwelcome pass at another, same thing happens between men. Instant distance. Destroys camaraderie. Slices units apart. Take three close buddies, make them into a couple and an individual, and eventually you end up with three separate people. Fine in civilian life, but not fine to turn your shoulder on a bud in a military situation.

Male and female barracks are kept separate, you don't want the complexities of managing visitors to the bunks. It's not allowed. Imagine coed bunk rooms and how offended women are if a man visiting in the womens barracks. Men are more incensed by women visitors than you'd think. Now make them all the same gender and have those same visits without barriers. Bad, bad, bad situation.

Blanket parties for misbehavior are not uncommon, and it's not what you think. One individual was put in a locker and tossed out the second story window. Hurt, but very quiet until he was kicked out of Ranger school. I predict many more of these forms of self-discipline.

Don't think that homosexual behavior scares Muslim men. Maybe Afghanistan is a bad example, but it's not uncommon for the Afghan men to bugger each other in the hallways of the barracks. Causes the Marines to lose respect for them. Search for stories of middle east rapes of couples, rape of the man is not uncommon.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So does Rabbi Yehuda Levin want homosexuals banned from National service in the Isreali Defense Force also?

I see no difference between this clown and the idiots at Westborough Baptist Church, apart from the rabi thinking that a guy that died 2000 years ago was a heretic and the "fag haters" saying that he could walk on water.

S@F for demonstrating how religion corrupts reasonable thought.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
the problem would be that too many gays would be open about their homosexuality. seems like tons of gays these days just HAVE to tell the world theyre gay. "Im a gay man did you hear me???? That offends me I am gay. I am gay, gay gay super gay. Sargent your soooo cute when u hold your rifle like that, I like it because im gay."

if a gay person had to be disciplined theyd probably cause an outrage because they felt they were being treated harshly because of their sexuality.... no, they were being treated like an idiot because they screwed up, and then no one would be able to yell at others for being a dumbass because of the new potential risk of hurting gay people's feelings.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hate to tell you guys this but there's already gays in the military en masse. My business partner is openly gay and was openly gay in the Navy. What's crazy is he was on his way to becoming a Navy Seal and went through Buds training before having a crisis of faith about what he was doing. There's tons of gay people in the military. The only thing right now is they're just not allowed to say they're gay which is stupid. Anyone who's against this either doesn't know what they're talking about or are so homophobic that's effected their process of constructive thought on this subject. Do I even have to go into how many lesbians are in the service? I'd guess as much as 25% of the military is playing for the other team. No one wants to admit to this though.

A gay dude can stop a bullet just as good as a straight dude... so who cares?

[edit on 6-2-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He and that shyster pat robertson belong together...in a closeted homosexual relationship...oh and throw in fred phelps as the self loathing queen

[edit on 6-2-2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Whooo! You go! Great post.

I was wondering why we never hear about women in the service who are afraid of showering with lesbians. You never hear them saying, "What if she looks at my junk"? I find it curious. It wouldn't bother me in the least if a lesbian saw my naked body, or even kind of liked it.

Anyway, this is something from the original article I found odd (bolded)...

"When Americans are suffering economically and millions need jobs, it's shocking that the Administration is focused on its ultra-liberal militantly homosexualist agenda forcing the highlighting of homosexuals and homosexuality on an unwilling military." -Rabbi Yehuda Levin

OP Source

It occurs to me that the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy itself is highlighting homosexuals and homosexuality. This policy sets them apart as those who are not permitted to discuss or reveal who they happen to love, or anything about their most basic relationships and home life. The government is currently highlighting a segment of the military and treating them with special rules. To remove this policy OR to apply it to all service members would be to UNhighlight this group of people and treat them like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Also being a veteran, I do understand your point of view, and I will admit to having some of the same concerns.. With that being said, I am sure you realize that there is already a large amount of homosexuals in all branches of the military..

When I was in the service, I actually had several friends that I later found out were gay.. they never made any inappropriate advances towards me, nor did I feel "uncomfortable" around them.. Maybe because they were friends first before I found out they were gay? I honestly don't know..

All I know is that to me, it did not matter, as long as they did thier job, and expected to be treated like "everyone else" IE. not "special"

And yes I was "combat arms" (and have been in combat)not a remf... 19D Cavalry Scout.. I did trust and depend on those guys with my life. and to this day I still would.

But I do think that there would be alot of repercussions if gays were to be "openly" admitted into the military.. just a fact of life, and possibly the US. Military "culture"...

Also, I would like to thank you for your service..
[edit on 11-2-2010 by SideWynder]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join