It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novartis CEO Daniel Vassella announces resignation amid record profits from swine flu scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Novartis CEO Daniel Vassella announces resignation amid record profits from swine flu scam

theflucase.com

Vasella’s Impeccable Timing

The Wall Street Journal Blog

By Anita Greil

January 26, 2010, 9:34 AM ET

Novartis had quite a surprise in store for its shareholders this morning. The Swiss drug maker’s record results were overshadowed by news that Daniel Vasella is handing over the CEO title to Joe Jimenez, an American who joined Novartis a bit more than two years ago after a long career in the consumer goods industry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Couldnt find anything on ATS about this story , so enjoy !!
Anyone knows any info on Joe Jimenez would be great , have a great day , and fight the good fight !!
Ironic that this CEO should be stepping down , keep putting the guilt vibes on the TPTB , energy grows and soon the peoples enemys will succumb to the psychic justice from the world of real people

theflucase.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Hi!

Ok Pharma's profits aside, I once worked at Sandoz (later to be Novartis) and have nothing but admiration for Daniel Vassella who was a surgeon and moved to become the Chairman and CEO of a 'merged' company.

Recently there was another 'merger' (read aquistion) announced and I was surprised that he was still there after 15 or so years.... and was engineering yet another deal.

Don't get me wrong - personally as I never go to a doctor I couldn't understand why it was necessary to fly from Basle to Zurich (30 mins flying time) to catch a plane and why the Pharma's had so much money but then I was (and probably am) niaive.

But as an individual moving from a medical background to a highly successful executive, I'm not surprised he's leaving. 15 or so years at that level is quite amazing. And I sudpect whoever he has nominated will be highly capable - from a commercial aspect.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I did the quickest google search ever with is name( Joe Jimenez) Its short boring Bio from Novartis.com. Not much of anything. Umm All-Star American Swimmer.....
www.novartis.com...
I haven figured out how to post quotes yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hi!

Meant to add - Sandoz (the original Novartis) discovered '___' hence (oh # my age is showing!) 'The Girl From Sandoz' by Eric Burden and the Animals (House of the Rising Sun???)

Can't be all that bad?

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join