It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

there are only 2 sects of Christianity...Catholic and Protestant. Now, Protestant can be divided into numerous sub-sects (i,e. Methodist, Lutheran, Baptist, etc.) Catholicism is a sect in its own. Since the word catholic comes from the Greek words Catho licos (the NT was primarily written in Greek, Catho licos was the Greek words for "church"). Catho licos means = one church in greek...Hence, Jesus told St. Peter that he was the "rock of the church"-therfor, Peter was the first Pope. The Catholic Church was the FIRST church or "accepted" version of Christianity...Everyone knows the story of Martin Luther. He "protested" the Church, giving way to the Protestant Movement.....Which by the way, has indoctrinated ABSOLUTE BLASPHEMY into the hearts and minds of millions of Christians. For example, the act of a Rapture is nowhere in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

The Devil's greatest trick was convincing mankind that he doesn't exist...and in response to how come nobody can speak for God? Have you lost your mind? Or do you think that we're all uneducated and inferior to your semantics, therfor maybe we'll shut up b/c you know everything? Since you know more about our God than we do, I invite you to read the Book of Job. LOL. You see, what Atheists and non-Christians don't seem to understand is this>>>>>>>>>>IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, that we KNOW GOD EXISTS! Thank you for being you and proving to all who read your posts that the Christian God exists and that He is the only TRUE GOD!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27
reply to post by Lilitu

You see, what Atheists and non-Christians don't seem to understand is this>>>>>>>>>>IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, that we KNOW GOD EXISTS! Thank you for being you and proving to all who read your posts that the Christian God exists and that He is the only TRUE GOD!

Say I posted in a Tinkerbell forum (whose members believe Tinkerbell is the mother goddess) saying Tinkerbell is a purely imaginary cartoon character and that the members are delusional. If one responded saying...

"You see, what Atheists and non-Tinkerians don't seem to understand is this>>>>>>>>>>IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, that we KNOW TINKERBELL EXISTS! Thank you for being you and proving to all who read your posts that the Tinkerian Goddess exists and that She is the only TRUE GODDESS!"

...would that make Tinkerbell anything more than a purely imaginary cartoon character? Would it make the Tinkerians any less delusional? Of course not. Your "argument" is utterly absurd.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Absurd? Rather like your Tinkerbell analogy?

Edit: I just took a quick look at your post history. You're really obsessed.
I actually find you scary. But, be that guy. That's the guy you want to wind up being after all is said and done, go be him. Be the one who persecutes Christians.
The one who can smugly think while lying on your deathbed "Yeah, I was that guy and proud of it. I'm the one who insulted a lot of Christians, the ones who were trying to live their lives in favor of and struggling to adhere to a religious doctrine they believed in".

Give yourself a big pat on the back. I doubt if many others will.

[edit on 2/8/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Lilitu

Absurd?

Yes it is. His argument takes this basic form.

Person One says "A" is true.
Person Two says "A" is not true.
Person Two's denial of "A" is proof that "A" is true.

Given such shoddy paralogisms as that, literally anything can be "true" provided someone is willing to say it is not.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

there's a true story about a man who was just like you. This man was on his deathbed and his doctor was the only person there for him, as he lay dying. Anyways, this man hated Christians. His wife was a believer, and for yrs tried to convert him to Christianity. Then, she died unexpectedly one day from a freak car accident. The man cursed God for doing this. Well, since he had no children, no one was there for him as he lay dying. Only his doctor. Now, his doctor was a firm believer in Christianity and steadfastly tried to convert the man-even at the hour of his death. Still, the man held out. His heart gave way and he died. As the man died, he recalled sudden darkness and two hands grabbed each of his wrists and he described the feeling of going down so fast it was like descending in a rollercoaster. He then described two voices in a language that was foreign to him, but he could interpret. The voices were telling him that they gave him numerous chances to repent, to no avail obviuosly, and that they detested him for this.The next thing the man said he could recall was being in a place very cold and and bound to a wall. The man said that from time to time little flashes of light of would appear, and that he could see others who were begging God for one more chance that they would not let Him down, if only they had known they wouldn't have been there they were saying. The man said that he must've convinced someone/something to let him go, because the two beings grabbed the man and released the chains which he was bound in. he described being rushed up, and as he was ascending the two beings told him that he was spared and to make use of his chance to redeem himself. The man said that all of a sudden it felt like a car crash and a deafening sound filled his ears; he was entering his body again. When he opened his eyes, he saw that the doctor was still there, by his side the whole time praying. He then turned to the doctor and asked how could he stay there (by his side) for such a long time? He said to the doctor, how many yrs have I been down there? The doctor said to the man, "Years? You've only been dead for about 2 minutes." Then the man recalled to the doctor what had happened to him as he was dead....The man is now a Catholic priest and is living his life in the glory and mercy of God. Why was this man saved? I cannot answer that, I can only observe that he was obviously brought back to show that this is real. But, however, you decide just remember one thing: it's a "hell" of a gamble, no? And then you say it's a lie. Well, isn't every lie bearing a seed of truth? I mean, seriously. You can't deny God is real. Don't tell me that you believe in evolution?!? Ha! The eyeball single handedly defeats that theory. Look it up. The Bible may not be perfect, but that's only because some men have decided to add/remove things as they saw fit. That's not God's fault. That's not Christian's fault. Tell me, if the Bible is full of lies, how come accounts of Moses seven plagues was sketched into heiroglyphics inside the pyramids? How come Egyptian chariots and horse bones and helmets are found in the bottom of the Red Sea? How come so many Roman soldiers converted upon seeing the death oF Jesus, and describing him "ascending" into the sky? Mind you, this was almost 300 yrs BEFORE the Vatican was established in Rome in the great "conversion" of the Roman Empire. How come Eastern Religions recall a man from the West, in the same time as Jesus, who preached about there being only ONE GOD and He was His Father? Too many people are witnesses...you cannot judge the whole "body" of Christ because of some wayward few...Let me ask u this: would u rather suffer for a short time as u are on this earth, and then party for eternity? Or, would you rather party for a short while, and suffer for eternity? God Bless You, madam.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's a christian conspiracy against Christians. Self-destruction. Thanks to the fundamentally transfigured leadership and judgmental sanctimony displayed, it is slowly collapsing.
It started with the transfiguration of Christ's gnostic teachings and the establishment of the church and other hierarchically programmed institutions.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian Ph.D

sir, the devil has his minions in the church. this is true. Not every person who say Lord, Lord is of the Lord

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When you say "Christian", you should at least try to learn what the term means. Orthodox Christian church is completely different from the Roman catholic church, and from most of the protestant churches.
The misunderstanding comes from people assuming very different things under the term "Christian".

The only thing that is common for all the Christians is: THERE IS NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT IS OFFICIALLY CHRISTIAN! There are buddhist countries, there is a jewish country, there are (many) strictly muslim countries. But Europe and USA have officially declared that they are "religion neutral" which leaves Christians without a "motherland".

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by herbivore

like I said before, since you didn't mind reading the posts before. First there was Catholicism then there was Protestanism...The other sects, that are not Catholic, are Protestant (hence Protesting the Church) i,e. ORTHODOX, Baptist, Lutheran, etc. ARE PROTESTANT SECTS.THERE IS NO SINGLE CHURCH LABELED PROTESTANT.Protestant means Christian that is not Catholic.And in response to you twisting my words- I never said that any COUNTRY was deemed solely a CHRISTIAN nation. However the Vatican IS a NATION-STATE, so yes, there is ONE... I said that the ROMAN EMPIRE converted to Christianity...are you disputing that fact? Last time I checked, now that you mentioned it though, America was founded solely on Christian beliefs. Yeah, yeah, now you're going to play out the whole "freedom of religion" amendment- but, that's exactly it: they founded America on a belief to be ABLE to worship a Christian God. You can twist it all the ways that you want, but it's undeniable that this country was founded on a CHRISTIAN GOD and CHRISTIAN CREED. Unlike other countries where you are persecuted for not believing in Islam, America is tolerant of other religions. This is fulfilling a teaching of Christ>to love your enemy. That is a Christian fundamental.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
More xian arrogance. You presume to know enough about me to compare me to a specific person and only make yourself look foolish. Let's look at just the first few lines of this - whatever you call it.

reply to post by Lilitu

there's a true story about a man who was just like you. This man was on his deathbed and his doctor was the only person there for him, as he lay dying. Anyways, this man hated Christians. His wife was a believer, and for yrs tried to convert him to Christianity.

Okay,

1) I am a woman.
2) I am not on my death bed.
3) I do NOT hate christians. I do hate the christian religion and how it warps the minds of those who have fallen prey to it.
4) I am not married. My lover is however a woman.
An atheist like me.

So you see, I am nothing like the subject of your story but to be honest, I read no further than the part I quoted. Why? No paragraphs!

(...)

Ok to be fair I skimmed your story and it looks to be a near death experience. This is yet another way in which I differ from your subject.

I am Singaporean of Japanese ancestry. In my culture Buddhism is the dominant religion and so if I were to have a near death experience (unlikely) it would be buddhist themed. Not the xian phantasmagorical house of horrors which haunts the western subconscious. That is your brain on christianity.

If I were to convert because of an NDE it would almost certainly be to buddhism but that would be pointless as there is no god in buddhism. Another reason why I wouldn't convert is that as a psychologist, I know better than to trust my brain while it is under the influence of death. Soooo....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

lady, sorry I am not grammatically correct as you, but the story stands true. Take it how you want it. As far as your sexuality, that's your business and it doesn't affect me. I will not succumb to your trickery and give you the response that you are seeking, which is truly a negative one...Again, if people like you would stop presuming that you know everything and actually PAY ATTENTION to what someone posts, you and others like you will see that I never once presumed you were a man. Secondly, I never asked you of your religious background nor of your sexuality. So therefor, stop trying to assume because assumptions are usually inaccurate, which in this case you are...The bottom line is this, I'm not going to continue this debate. I'm saddened that you have a obvious hatred for Christians (evident in your previous posts), but I cannot change that. All the brother was trying to say is that there is a conspiracy against Christians. There is. Most whom conspire against us are people like you who try and point out our follies and say "Look! See! Look at that Christian. He makes grammatical mistakes. Therefor, his God is not real and Christians are all (insert cut-down here)" Whatever, miss. It doesn't matter. I got into this knowing that I would encounter people like you, and I accept that. No matter what you say, you cannot change my mind nor convince me of your beliefs. God Bless You, I've entertained you with enough of my time.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lilitu

If you hate it so why do you become like it ma'am. You admit already to hypocracy so how exactly are you any better?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
christians sin, then ask forgiveness from their space ghost and voila..they are forgiven...tomorrow they will sin again, but no worries, the space ghost will forgive them again

athiests/agnostics sin, then we must deal with the consequences, make amends, take responsibility, and try to redeem ourselves not in a all seeing all forgiving supercasper, but to the people we wronged.

Go to a jail...you will find tons of religious people..and when you talk to them, you will realize many of them say they have been saved and forgiven by God, the only one that counts...its easy...now they dont have to burden themselves with their actions because God forgave em.

This is truly showing the unrepentant ignorance that the OP is talking about. Actually, it is stupidity, since ignorance means you just don't know, but you don't know, nor do you care, combined.

Being Christian does not mean you have a free license to sin without consequence. If you cared at all about your own self you would be finding these things out for yourself, but somehow I think you gave up on "finding things out" a while ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

reply to post by Lilitu

You see, what Atheists and non-Christians don't seem to understand is this>>>>>>>>>>IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, that we KNOW GOD EXISTS! Thank you for being you and proving to all who read your posts that the Christian God exists and that He is the only TRUE GOD!

Say I posted in a Tinkerbell forum (whose members believe Tinkerbell is the mother goddess) saying Tinkerbell is a purely imaginary cartoon character and that the members are delusional. If one responded saying...

"You see, what Atheists and non-Tinkerians don't seem to understand is this>>>>>>>>>>IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, that we KNOW TINKERBELL EXISTS! Thank you for being you and proving to all who read your posts that the Tinkerian Goddess exists and that She is the only TRUE GODDESS!"

...would that make Tinkerbell anything more than a purely imaginary cartoon character? Would it make the Tinkerians any less delusional? Of course not. Your "argument" is utterly absurd.

Lilitu, Please don't involve Tinkerbell. She is a God.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join