It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betters Say Iran Ready to Test Nuke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If Iran did test a nuke underground..well I cant wait for them to wish they hadnt.... Iran has a unique geology surrounded by continent plates pushing and pulling and therefore lots of hidden faults. Not to mention the amount of trapped gas and oil. I believe theres a pit somewhere in the middle east where its been burning for decades and I think the same would happen to parts of Iran in which most of the underground will be on fire for a long time.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This may me being pedantic, or it may be something else all together, but I noticed a little pattern forming with many threads dealing with Iran and Nuclear weapons,

Betters Say Iran Ready to Test Nuke

Now this may just be a copy and paste from the headline itself
but then it was met with

Wherever a Nuclear Weapon Exists, theres always going to be a weapons race for the Nuclear Bomb. Simple as that. You can't stop it from happening since it is the inevitable.

I know we start sentences with capital letters, but why the rest?
Does a capital letter give more subliminal meaning to a word?

Wherever, Nuclear Weapon Exists, Nuclear Bomb, Simple, You

Don't ask me why, I just see patterns

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think my money is on limited nuke test. Perhaps it's already occurred and they will simply deliver its results to the West. Didn't someone here talk about a small earthquake in Iran last week?

Could be a detonation, although I think that would've been detected by now.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All they have to do to win a war against America is just to delay them for another few years. I read on Aljzeera that the suicide rate in the American army is now at 16 a day. I guess killing all those innocent civilians they term terrorists are finally getting to these corporate killers ( killing for profit, coz war is big business just ask bush and cheney)

But lets do the math 16 a day, thats roughly 300 a month, 3600 a year all at their own hands. Not to mention the morale thats going to hell. Plus how many wars can the Americans fight at one time? Plus if the financial doo doo really hits the fan back home what then? Is it nuke time then?

The loss of any life is really a sad fact but I struggle to find sympathy for people who think that killing is ok when it is sanctioned by a Government. I would rather them all kill themselves than kill one innocent civillian. We all know who really suffers the most from wars and its not the people fighting it but the people who witness this barbaric act of self destruction.

But what really gets to me is the damn hypocrisy, you cant have a nuclear program but please ignore the 1000+ nukes we have and dont even try to enrich uranium to the amount allowed by the treaties we signed, because its either crippling sanctions or .....you got it war time . And o not to mention the billions of dollars of arms we just give to Israel, your natural enemy. A country which is systematically starving a whole nation and denying them the very things they need to survive. Americans all had their mouths full when South Africa had a policy of seperate development (yes thats what apartheid means ) but when Israel expels all the palestinians, take all their food and water and enforces a blockade that denies even ambulances the right to deliver patients to hospital, what do you do? Give them some more billions of dollars, never mind the fact that your country is broke. Dont worry we`ll just get the fed to print some more. Theres plenty more fiat money where that came from. O and if you are wondering where I get my facts from. I live in my South Africa so I know all about apartheid. While getting my law degree i also took a course called International Humanitarian Law (also known as the law of war) where we learned exactly what terrorism is ( according to the UN its a word thrown around to describe anyone you want to paint as bad so that you can justify your violence ) also how illegal the Iraq war was and how devastating and evil the Gaza blockade is.

So who must we really fear? Iran or America. I realise that most people on here are American which means in a couple of hours ill probably be the most hated person on this site. But I really dont care! if Americans would get of their Mcdonalds larded, TV watching asses and did something about their unbelievably screwed up government then I wouldnt have to deal with your Country trying to run the world. Its because of your government that I cant grow and use a natural remedy thats cheaper, less dangerous and far more pleasant than the phamaceutically concocted drugs that kill my livers and kidneys plus cost an arm and a leg.

You want to know how to stop your government? You want a revolution? Here`s an idea: arm the homeless, the hungry and the disenfranchised and youve got a big enough army that will be willing to die for this righteous cause, because life is not really worth living when your plate is a dumpster, and your home a box.

I didnt mean to turn this into an America bashing post, but I couldnt help myself sorry, you see I cant smoke my medicine and my osteoarthrosis is killing me so I havent been able to sleep and I guess im really grumpy. And why is that? Because America thinks it is their duty to police the globe.
Fthat, im done.

Guess I can sit back and watch the hate mail role in. Whats that guys signature? "Home of the free land of the brave, yeah right more like home of the sheep, land of the slave" Right on.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Instead of a turtle, rats, and worms as they told the media, what if that satellite that Iran launched a few days ago actually contains either a nuke that they manufactured or one of the russian nukes that they bought a few years ago? Wouldn't it be a "punch that would stun the western arrogance" if they detonated a nuke in low earth orbit over the USA?

The US would practically become a third world country within seconds. It would knock out the electricity and everything electronic in a very large part of the entire USA and it would take years to restore.

If I was Iran and owned a few nukes(they bought some a few years ago from former soviet states) and I was being bullied by the big bad USA for doing something that the NPT says that I am allowed to do, and I thought an attack was imminent, that is exactly the way that I would use what I had to get the maximum effect. I'm sure in the entire Iranian government and military they have people bright enough to figure that out as well.

Lets just say that if the power goes out here in the USA tomorrow, I won't be looking for it to come back on anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And the much-feared, topple-the-capitalist-West announcement is............a dud. Just like their efforts to one day build a bomb.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

Woa woa woa easy killer. I guess you don't know that most Americans want our govt to stop policing the globe. They won't listen to us though. They listen to themselves and their corporate suppliers.

FYI I haven't had a single McDonalds cheeseburger in months!

You can't stereotype the American populace because our populace is essentially a combination of every nation on earth. Iranians, Iraqis, Indians, Every nation in Europe, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolians, Mexicans, Every nation in South America, Australians, New Zealanders (I don't know why either), Norse, Africans (Actually from Africa), Koreans, Ukrainians, Azerbaijanis Etc. Etc. Etc.

Please keep your opinions of our corrupt government and our people separate please!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Sorry If I have offended you, It is not my intention to stereotype, I infact hate generalisations as they are by definition wrong. All i am looking for is an intelligent debate.

I want to know why Americans dont do anything about their Government, their money etc, and in doing so I make generalisations which maybe construed as stereotyping, but it is impossible to single out Americans exactly because they are so diverse. If you do not like the way that other people see Americans in general, then you should do something to change that.

I can understand when u get offended by being grouped into the general populace. But wear the shoe if it fits. And I say again if you dont like the opinion that other people have of Americans, then change the image that America projects.

But Im glad u responded, like I say, I am looking for some debate and please feel free to respond to any of the other points I made, U can ignore the comments an just debate the facts, most of the comments are just there for entertainment and to make the post more enjoyable, further, they are my personal opinions to which I feel I am entitled and which you are also free to change.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

the website you refer to states that the earthquake is centered around the Sabalan Strato volcano... and that there have been two previous quakes in the same location within recent days...

Most likely the sign of a volcanic re-awakening of the Sabalan Strato volcano

top topics

<< 1   >>

join