It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White slavery hidden from history - Portland and the "War Children".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Those with power believe they deserve it. That what they do is their entitlement. What makes them angrier than being disobeyed in this? Having their sense of entitlement questioned.

That's why I believe in equality. While not everyone might end up being "equal" in distribution, everyone has the same protections and the base opportunities.

The minimum standard is set, and it doesn't include those with more being allowed to DO more TO other people. Which they do inevitably.

Some of my ancestors were slaves. Does this make me a lesser being? No. Some of my ancestors were well off. Does this make me entitled to more resources? No. Some of my ancestors were rulers. Does this entitle me to power? No.

Something can be illuminating without being limiting.

Further I think that knowing what the people in the New World were, who they were, and how and why they were here often against their will is important. Currently those of us who are descended from people whom were forcibly moved here, descendants of slaves, servants, orphans, forced mercs, etc. are being told that we held some extra position of power that we should feel guilty for.

We are being told that our ancestors held some responsibility for the abuses government systems that used and abused and disenfranchised them. That we owe apologizes to other groups who were abused by that system due to the fact that we sort of look like the people who did it. The same people who were doing it to OUR ancestors. The people who practiced it on our ancestors for hundreds of years before they started using it on these new groups.

Should we tell ourselves stories of our incapacity due to our actual real backgrounds? No.

But I will be DAMNED before I accept that *I* should apologize for the actions of the politically elevated and resourced people who had skin colour similar to mine.

They are pulling the ultimate cups game. They've moved around the cups so much people have lost track of the fact that while all the cups look the same, only one of them has the stone under it.

[edit on 2010/2/12 by Aeons]

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Slavery is evil, no matter where it took place and by whom.

<< 1   >>

join