It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a quick question....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have been experiencing a weird sensation that has become more frequent in the last while.... It's difficult to explain. It happens mostly on the left side of my body from my arm, up my shoulder & neck then to the top of my forehead.
The only way I can try and explain it, is like pins and needles crossed with goosebumps, you know that felling you get when your hair stands on end? Now it's like that, but under my skin. It lingers for quite a while (about 10-15 seconds) especially once it reaches my head.

Has anyone experienced this?
I don't want to go to the doctor for something something so trivial. It's just that it's quite eerie and gives me the creeps..so to speak.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers or explanation.

By the way, I have googled it, but can't find an answer....the only thing that comes up is stuff about bugs. And believe me, it's not that.

Okay, I'm done now

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

How do you know this is "trivial"?

Your body may be smarter than you give it credit for and this COULD be a warning sign of something more.

Go to a doctor and THEN decide if it is nothing to be concerned about.

Good luck and be well.

This may help shed some light:

Migranes & Headaches Community

---------------------------------------

I suffered from numbness in my left hand for a while. Found out it was "Ulnarneuropathy" caused from leaning on my elbow when on the computer. Little finger and HALF of my left hand lost it's feeling. The "ulnar" nerve is the "funny-bone".

I moved my PC to change my position and became concious of my leaning when I was doing it. Over time I got better but it just goes to show. Scary at the time but after a little online diagnosis all was clear.

Once again, good luck and try to be aware of your posture and anything that could affect your circulation.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If its something that is irregular for you then you need to get it checked out,
Our bodies have ways of telling us something is up and its best not to ignore changes that we feel,
It is more than likely nothing to worry about but who knows right?
Get yourself a check over then it will ease your mind at the very least!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks you guys for the answers and the link...

I found this explanation which is pretty much what I have... Quite an original explanation

Have you had a head trauma? I had a car accident a year ago and have bad pins and needles, something that feels like little electric worms crawling on my skin and noise in my ears.

Been reading some more about this now, and it seems doctors can't really figure out what causes it. So far it is attributed either to a brain tumor of some sort, and if that's not the case then they attribute it to anxiety...

the cardiologist and my familyBirth control and family planning Choosing a primary care provider Ewing’s sarcoma Family troubles - resources doctor, sent me for the tests they thought were necessary and when those came back normalNormal saline flush told me that it was all part of anxiety. Of course, I went on to another family doctor and two more cardiologist because I couldn't believe that I was causing this to happen to myself. As you can imagine, normal results.

Tingling is a part of anxiety in some people (according to my doctors, the whole lot of them!!), have you seen a therapist? I haven't but I am heading in that direction because, I too, have a hard time believing anxiety can cause these symptoms.

new topics

top topics

join