It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange hum reported northwest of Dulce, New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here is an interesting item from the PAGOSA SPRING SUN newspaper, dated:
October 8, 2009.

Appeared on the Letter to the Editor section
written by Ron Alexander.

NOISE

(QUOTE)

Dear Editor:

I thought I would pose a question to drive the Pagosa Springs area residents mad with thought. What is the source of the constant low frequency noise heard from Kenny Flats all the way to Juanita and beyond?

The noise can be heard by most people in their vehicles when the engine is turned off.
Using a low-frequency noise meter, as I used, the noise will show a constant 56 decibels in the C range.

Not all people can hear low frequency, but an example of low-frequency noise is the common home generator that is used throughout the county.

Yet, I believe this is not the source of the noise in the Coyote Park region.
The noise I'm referring to is only heard by about 60 percent of the public and those with bad hearing are blessed from hearing this constant, inescapable noise.

Low-frequency noise caused by gas well compressors stations such as is found at Fawcett Gulch on Colo. 151 can be heard for many miles and will drive people out of their homes.
In the right conditions, such as in desert environments, low-frequency noise produced by these compressors carries for 20 miles.
This noise is the EPA's number-one complaint.

Low frequency is also produced by tunneling machines.
This is what I believe is the source of the noise throughout the region of Archuleta County.
If you doubt the noise exists, go listen for yourself, for I doubt it has gone away.
I think the government is building huge underground complexes in the sandstone bedrock or even under Archuleta Mountain. The noise is 24/7.
If you're a reporter, go ask the local ranchers of the area and residents if they hear the noise.
It's a great mystery worth investigating.
Ron ALexander

(UNQUOTE)

Indeed, this is a fascinating report, relevant to the whole Dulce, New Mexico rumors, as well as rumors about southern Colorado's reportedly strange goings-on and even stretching out to the rumors about Denver International Airports alleged underground complexes.

www.myspace.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Also in that area there is renewed drilling for oil and natural gas. Just a couple of rigs can cause a pervasive hum/rumble when they are in operation.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That is where the Dulce underground base is.
Will 3 directional microphones help out? Triangulate

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
For hum position detection, you would want to use either geophones or accelerometers. For low frequency detection, triangulation (TDOA or time delay of arrival) will need a large separation of sensors. When they explore for oil using geophones, the source is an impulse. I don't know how well it would work with a constant humming sound.

I routinely get low frequency vibration when they are doing that midnight road work.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
For hum position detection, you would want to use either geophones or accelerometers. For low frequency detection, triangulation (TDOA or time delay of arrival) will need a large separation of sensors. When they explore for oil using geophones, the source is an impulse. I don't know how well it would work with a constant humming sound.

I routinely get low frequency vibration when they are doing that midnight road work.

First of all, it's great to see you hear, Gary.
You always come up with very sensible stuff.
I still remember the Armenian shishkabob we had at the perimeters of Area 51 (I forgot what year that was).
As you may have heard already, I moved to New Mexico and now live in Rio Rancho, next to Albuquerque.
I am trying hard to locate an Armenian grocery store where I have been dying to get the shishkabob meat.

Anyway, in regards to this particular humming sound, it is my understanding that the hum still goes on 24/7.
The problem about this remote region is that it is very sparsely populated and especially at this time of the year, the weather is quite bad and accessibility if almost nil, with snow and all that.

I remember the Taos hums of the late 1980s to the early 1990s.
I even postulated my wild speculation then that perhaps Sandia Labs and Phillips Labs (at Kirtland AFB), even though they were called up to investigate the Taos hums back then, were themselves the culprits behind the Taos hums. My speculation went wild as I began to associate Sandia Labs with ELF experiments and even Sandia Labs doing some tunnel boring in that area.

Anyway, then, I began to hear the news reports in the mid 1990s that people were reporting low humming sounds near the coast of California, near such places as Lompoc and even near Vandenberg Rocket Launching Complexes. It was called the mysterious "Pacific Hum".

At this point in time, I still have no definite idea of what the hums could be.
It is still a mystery to me.

By the way, Gary, if you ever come to Albuquerque, please let me know.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I often think I hear a hum when parked out by the ET Highway, but it could be distant trucks. The area is so quite if the wind isn't blowing.

I contacted a geophone firm to get a price. I need to see how low in frequency soundcards go, but my recollection is one of the usb cards I have can either do DC out of the box or can be modified to do DC. Anyway, rolling my own seimic sensor will give me something to hack with around the range. If it all goes well, I could just mail it out to you, but that is jumping the gun.

The closest thing I have found to Armenian marinated steak is what they sell at Trader Joes. You have two in Albuquerque. To keep it relevant, ingestion of marinated tri-tip has been the precursor to some Tikaboo hikes.

Albuquerque used to have a Petroleum Club, but it folded. That would have been the first place I would checked out in order to borrow the equipment, or more likely have someone do it for you. Probably the university has such equipment and these guys like a little press.

If people can hear the tone, it's probably no lower than 10Hz, and that's a stretch.

The first time I encountered Agent Orange (Caltrans doing midnight construction), I had no idea of the source of the sound. I thought maybe my water main broke, so there I was with flashlight at midnight reading the meter out in the street. I eventually got in my car and found the construction about a mile away. They were using a machine that made the macadm. A beast of a machine.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Checking with a geophone supplier, this is the suggested "hobbyist" vendor:
RT Clark
I'm checking into the 3 axis sensors.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I have heard about this humming noise from quite a few unrelated sources. Arizona and New Mexico. There was a couple that had to move out of their home the noise was so bad.

I think it is generators. Lots of them.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I like this thread! I saw this video the other day and it may tie in with all the mystery!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The humming could also be from some kind of forcefield in the area.The aliens protecting there bases with forcefields.That could be a possibility.Oh by the way if you go looking for forcefields they will find you first.One way forcefields are a real trap.You can enter but you cannot get out.You just do not relise you have walked though a forcefield until its too late.That how they catch snooping people.They just cannot let people to return to disclose locations of secret forcefields.No wounder why so many people go missing each year.The one way forcefields does exsplain alot of things.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There are "hums" reported globally. I believe them to be related to the building of underground construction.

However, it is possible that in the case of Dulce, or any other, that it is other machinery or experimentation.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I know that these low- frequencie hums exist and have experienced one for a few years in the foothills above Boulder Colo. where I lived. The hum reminded me of a giant metallic disc on a turntable as I recall I was the only one who could hear it. As for an underground base at D.I.A Denver International Airport I will say there is nothing there but a badly done and horrifying mural that I refuse to call art. I worked at the site where D.I.A was erected since it's inception. I know of only one tunnel and the guys at P.C.L Const. that worked on it became very sick. That's about the only anomaly I know of. There is a chemical weapons depot across the street to the west of one entrance to D.I.A it's called the Rocky Mountain Arsenal there is allot of stuff underground there. Please don't tell me theres stuff under D.I.A I laid out runways and worked on the teminals and wiring the place and was there when only const. trailers were on that site. At any rate Norio I like and have followed your work and wish to thank you for your efforts. Good Day and Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Hi Berkely Gal, Norio H. is a sharp investigator and I think it would be neat to mount an expedition to take the photos he's talking about. And the reward would be icing on the cake. There may be an element of risk but what the heck.....

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
not to sound crazy or anything, but probably like 2 and a half weeks ago. during 3 nights ( 2 nights at 12am, and one night at 1am ) all of a sudden I would hear a very low noise whose pitched changed every second. Kinda like OoOoOoO and just imagine what a UFO would sound like. Thats what it sounds to me like. Not saying it was a UFO but it only appeared on 3 occasions in a row. Also off topic, but when I try to go to sleep, I usually hear a very faint buzzing sound kinda like the annoying very high pitched mosquito sound. I made sure everything was turned off and the noise still comes. Kinda like the sound your speakers give off when your computer is off and they are on on high volume if you know what I mean. But any clues on what this noise can be?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm new to the site and have read some info on the "Base at Dulce" but I have a question that some might be able to answer. Like Area 51 were one can clearly see that there is at the very least something there on the surface, has someone found or know of an entrance into the facilty at Dulce? Or is there any evidence of an underground facilty large or small that can be seen? Such as vents popping up out of the ground? I have read some of the Edwin Castello interview and man if just 1% of what that guy had to say was true HOLY SH*$.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My parents still live in Dulce, I'll ask them if they've noticed anything. I haven't been out there since September, 2010 and I stood outside around 11:00pm amongst the dead silence of the reservation. Didn't hear a thing.

Also my best friends are still out there. I'll see if they've noticed anything.

I wonder if this is reminiscent of the "Toas Hum".

top topics

join