It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth Disappearing!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Okay, I am not sure if this is in the correct location, but my use of Google Earth has been relevant to these threads. As well, I used the Moon feature, like so many others, to look at varous "secret" places, such as bases and other anomolies. I had many of them marked in "My Places", and would view them often. As well, I spent a lot of time looking at an army depot facility at which a large, very large undergroud laboratory is said to be. Allegedly Raytheon is a major operation at this base. At any rate, about 3 months ago, my computer was acting nuts. It correlated to visits to ATS, and any time that I opened Google Earth. Google Earth disappeared from my computer entirely on 4 seperate occasions. . .and I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. The last time I downloaded it, I didn't mark any of the "secret places", and it has run smoothly ever since.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I am sorry I cannot be of assistance regarding the Google Earth problem.

But I do know when I looked up FEMA camps, one comes up in my city, Louisville KY. Upon further research I found it was a Raytheon Missile Systems.

Here is the location on a google map. Sorry I couldnt be more help, hope its just a glitch.

I cannot seem to post the link, it is too long, so here is a link to my search for Raytheon.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

[edit on 2-2-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ive often found that areas ive been able to view in relatively decent detail have now become blurry like they have been censored.
As regards google earth removing itself from your system, that smacks of a trojan virus to me.

[edit on 30/12/2009 by EyeOnYou]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
All the good stuff has been censored. If you take coordinates from the HUD of a video from Iraq and put them in you will find you are taken to an area that is different from what you saw in the video. All the nifty stuff in Iraq is now boring as hell. You will see no bloodstained streets.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...[/atsimg]][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77a180d9614 e.jpg[/atsimg]reply to post by hotbakedtater

Cool. Have you ever researched the bluegrass army depot? I have many times. We went there just to do some telephotograpy. . .but no one ever came up to us to ask questions. In fact, I was trying to get some attention, lol. That's where the big facility is. It may be part of the weapons destruction area. . .but they are only just now supposed to be building that. . .so, I don't know.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Divine Strake]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

No, but I will now. I plan to do some research on Raytheon in the future, possibly trying to get a tour. At the least I want to drive out and check it out if possible.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I do have to admit, the name Raytheon, Light of the Gods, is pretty neat. They're actually working on a cool archeological site at BGAD. I think it's a village site that goes back 1300yrs. or so. I have always had a fascination with that place even as a kid, yet I never knew why.
They're not planning on destroying any weapons until 2018, I think. That was in today's news.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Yeah, and that being the case. ..just what is it that some people are finding? Like somebody is going to just go "Ha ha. I'm going to leave this top secret underground base just lying in the wide open on google!" But then maybe they do?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

any clues as to what the hell that is?
i looked it up using the coordinates in google earth, and the whole area seems strange.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I agree with the above poster that your situation as far as google earth disappearing is a trojan, but in the interest of finding for sure, do you happen to still have those locations somewhere? I haven't dabbled on GE in a while and wouldn't mind replicating what you have to see if it is something nefarious

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It could just be a screwed up installation. That does happen. Google also updates its software across the internet, and if something goes wrong with that, it could render your Google Earth unusable.

It doesn't make sense leaping to wild conclusions without any evidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Hi!

I had something similar about a year ago - lost all my placemarkers. Many were in Area 51 but numerous others weren't. Think this was the result of 'an update' from Google. I downloaded everything again, and touch (head) wood it has remained stable.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

It's the Bluegrass Army Depot, they house chemical weapons there as well. In fact they are slated to begin to destroy them in 2018 I think.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I thought about that. . .I guess sometimes I let ATS conspiracies get to me ha ha.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think there's a thread somewhere about how Google Earth censored something on their maps, perhaps a base relating to the Chinese/Indian Border... I'm not sure but I think they duplicated an area on Google Earth and pasted it over the offending area to hide a Chinese military buildup
This is at least a year ago...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well i have had other problems with google earth.Images being deleted and changed all the time by the goverment.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I seem to remember that too. Well, I guess we should have expected that. There is so much of the moon that is cloned it's not even a serious tool to use.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A number of people and communities in different nations have objected strongly to Google Earth and in some cases passed legislation or taken legal action to have their individual homes or even entire towns blurred out. I think this is a good thing...personally I find the whole concept creepy and invasive (although I like to play with it as much as the next guy, too).

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

it wouldent surprise me if a trojan was included with the google earth download for such purposes as that, ive heard about stuff like that happening before.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeOnYou

it wouldn't surprise me.

I have a weird thing that happened involving google earth yesterday.

I turned on my computer, and the icon for it was moved from where I had it on my desktop to the top left corner.

I'm fully aware this could just be a normal thing, but adds to the oddity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join