It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitians want USA to take over their country!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, well, well, looks like the big plan is coming full circle as I figured it would! The conspiracy here with the ole problem/reaction/solution still holds true for the globalists it seems! The USA, with its' HAARP weapon, created this problem, waited for the haitian reaction that nobody else but the USA could save them, and now lookie here, Obama is riding in on his white horse to save the day! Heck, what do I know, I am just an ole conspiracy theorist! To all who laughed at us "conspiracy theorists", enjoy this article!

www.washingtonpost.com...

As food distribution improves, Haitians want U.S to 'take over'
Tags: CURRENT EVENTS
"I want the Americans to take over the country. The Haitian government can't do anything for us," said Jean-Louis Geffrard, a laborer who lives under a tarp in the crowded square. "When we tell the government we're hungry, the government says, 'We're hungry, too.' "

Added Canga Matthieu, a medical student whose school was destroyed: "The American government should take care of us."

Added Canga Matthieu, a medical student whose school was destroyed: "The American government should take care of us."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webmaster's Commentary:
The American government is broke. They cannot adequately take care of their own people.

And I will guarantee Haitians one thing. If Americans "take over", it will for the oil, natural gas and mineral rights which, by rights, should belong to the Haitian people.

Those funds could be used to create a true reconstruction, and improve the standard of living for Haitians mightily.

But of course, under US control, none of this will happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.washingtonpost.com...

By Peter Slevin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, February 1, 2010

PORT-AU-PRINCE, HAITI -- International relief organizations backed by American soldiers delivered hundreds of tons of rice to homeless residents of the Haitian capital Sunday, laboring to ease a food shortage that has left countless thousands struggling to find enough to eat.

But even as food-aid workers enjoyed their most successful day since the Jan. 12 earthquake, the increasingly prominent role of U.S. troops and civilians in the capital is creating high expectations that the Obama administration is struggling to contain.

The needs are extraordinary, and the common refrain is that the Americans will provide.

[mod edit: clipped quoted content, added required external source tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

That is what I said, that was the plan, all we had to do was wait and see, and there we go. I thought it would be military base or something, but an outright take over was also on the table for me.

Funny how people get foul over and over again, but then against no one can comprehend true and all history. That is beyond us therefore we are deemed to get fouled over and over again.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
How many bases does this make? 701 I know its over 700, just looking for a more accurate number.

Oil you say? I am sure they will need some construction experts.

Where do I sign up.

Damn, did I just say I wanted to be a carpet bagger!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
when the haiti earthquake struck and for the first week after i had absolutly no internet at all and couldnt read any con forums/decent non msm news ect.

when i seen all the americans moving in to haiti, patrolling with guns and so on , my first thought was "wow, america has basicly peacfully took over haiti!!".

that got me thinking, mainly as i had no internet ect and was board (death of a dissident is a hard book to read too, i needed a break)... Would it Really be that bad if america took this poor country under its massive golden eagles wing and looked after them, giving the people of this country some stability ?

At the moment, haiti is the worlds most well known "failed state", it is a country that has already been devestated by hurricains and has never manage to get to full steam, mainly as their government and infrastructure are simply incapable of it!

look how many people in haiti died, due to very poor housing crushing them to death, and probably a good lot more due to illness and hunger. If use (or any other superpower) was to take haiti under their wing they would actualy have a fighting chance to live a normal life that many of us in other countries take for granted.... For once (a first??) a bit of agencey control over the populous would not be a bad thing, for instance, better millitry backup for when things like earthquakes and hurricains happen AND, more important BUILDING REGULATIONS !

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

If use (or any other superpower) was to take haiti under their wing they would actualy have a fighting chance to live a normal life that many of us in other countries take for granted..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell the folks who survived Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and Hurricane Andrew that! (Andrew was in 1993 I think) New Orleans is still a mess and the parts of Florida that Andrew decimated still looks like a war zone!

OOOps, that's right, there's no oil in florida or new orleans is there?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewind
reply to post by boaby_phet

If use (or any other superpower) was to take haiti under their wing they would actualy have a fighting chance to live a normal life that many of us in other countries take for granted..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell the folks who survived Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and Hurricane Andrew that! (Andrew was in 1993 I think) New Orleans is still a mess and the parts of Florida that Andrew decimated still looks like a war zone!

OOOps, that's right, there's no oil in florida or new orleans is there?

nobodys perfect, but i bet after katrina things were deffinitely better, even though extremely poor... (if not the worst it could have been) compared to the state haiti would be in with No help at all!

i agree that katrina was not handeled well at all, probably couldnt have been worse imo .. but that was one very crazy freak situation and as far as im aware new olreans is actualy building back to full steam and WILL get their , hell, its a big place!! getting back to fill stream so to speak is all thanks to the government ect... and the services that are provided even if they were not as good as they should have been, are deffinitelly Drasticly more than what hatia can do..

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
According to the national debt each American owes in around 50 grand.

Those Haitians should feel wealthy. They just aren't living a lie like we are.

Oh, and about the lady saying she wishes the government would move in. I don't believe a word coming out of her lying mouth. How many loafs of bread did she accept to say that?

The US. Government makes me nauseous.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
this article makes me want to go ape#, seriously.

TWO people mean the entire country?!
no, WTF would we do with haiti right now? waste all our money rebuilding it and housing these people?! UGHH WTF.
and i don't care how heartless this sounds, keep all the people with AIDS out of the country, serioously. they just risk infecting others and their children with aids, and should buck up for society, cause they should know by now that there is no business in curing it.

this is a sicko article, everything i read about this haiti BS makes my blood boil for some reason. i'm often very hopeful and optimistic but this is a problem they don't give a **** about fixing. please china, send in all your millions of so-called assassins now, i absolutely garuntee i can run this country better than anyone in office presently.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well, we're giving money to Israel on a regular basis, and now helping haiti as best we can, bailing out wallstreet and the bankers, and yet take a look at how well our gov't is taking care of the usa: finance.yahoo.com...

NEXT IN LINE FOR A BAILOUT, SOCIAL SECURITY

by Allan Sloan
Thursday, February 4, 2010
provided by

Don't look now. But even as the bank bailout is winding down, another huge bailout is starting, this time for the Social Security system.

A report from the Congressional Budget Office shows that for the first time in 25 years, Social Security is taking in less in taxes than it is spending on benefits.

Instead of helping to finance the rest of the government, as it has done for decades, our nation's biggest social program needs help from the Treasury to keep benefit checks from bouncing -- in other words, a taxpayer bailout.

No one has officially announced that Social Security will be cash-negative this year. But you can figure it out for yourself, as I did, by comparing two numbers in the recent federal budget update that the nonpartisan CBO issued last week.

The first number is $120 billion, the interest that Social Security will earn on its trust fund in fiscal 2010 (see page 74 of the CBO report). The second is $92 billion, the overall Social Security surplus for fiscal 2010 (see page 116).

This means that without the interest income, Social Security will be $28 billion in the hole this fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.

Why disregard the interest? Because as people like me have said repeatedly over the years, the interest, which consists of Treasury IOUs that the Social Security trust fund gets on its holdings of government securities, doesn't provide Social Security with any cash that it can use to pay its bills. The interest is merely an accounting entry with no economic significance.

Social Security hasn't been cash-negative since the early 1980s, when it came so close to running out of money that it was making plans to stop sending out benefit checks. That led to the famous Greenspan Commission report, which recommended trimming benefits and raising taxes, which Congress did. Those actions produced hefty cash surpluses, which until this year have helped finance the rest of the government.

But even then, it was clear the surpluses would be temporary. Now, years earlier than projected, Social Security is adding to the government's borrowing needs, even though the program still shows a surplus on paper.

If you go to the aforementioned pages in the CBO update and consult the tables on them, you see that the budget office projects smaller cash deficits (about $19 billion annually) for fiscal 2011 and 2012. Then the program approaches break-even for a while before the deficits resume.

Social Security currently provides more than half the income for a majority of retirees. Given the declines in stock prices and home values that have whacked millions of people, the program seems likely to become more important in the future as a source of retirement income, rather than less important.

It would have been a lot simpler to fix the system years ago, when we could have used Social Security's cash surpluses to buy non-Treasury securities, such as government-backed mortgage bonds or high-grade corporates that would have helped cover future cash shortfalls. Now it's too late.

Even though an economic recovery might produce some small, fleeting cash surpluses, Social Security's days of being flush are over.

To be sure -- three of the most dangerous words in journalism -- the current Social Security cash deficits aren't all that big, given that Social Security is a $700 billion program this year, and that the government expects to borrow about $1.5 trillion in fiscal 2010 to cover its other obligations, about the same as it borrowed in fiscal 2009.

But this year's Social Security cash shortfall is a watershed event. Until this year, Social Security was a problem for the future. Now it's a problem for the present

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
According to the national debt each American owes in around 50 grand.

Those Haitians should feel wealthy.

Sometimes, when a homeless person (clearly looking for an alcohol fix) approaches me for money, I simply tell them that they are richer than me, as I'm in debt. There is no comeback to that.

I still donated to the Haitians though.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Just because 2 people want the American Government to take over, doesn't mean the whole entire country wants it to take over.

I know this will never happen though... and if it does people will surely rebel.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsAConspiracy

Then could you please explain why the usa was the only one who sent nearly 20,000 troops there? As Hugo Chavez said, "Haiti needs doctors, not soldiers!

top topics

join