It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A BRITISH stargazer has taken an amazing video of a UFO crossing the face of the sun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

A BRITISH stargazer has taken an amazing video of a UFO crossing the face of the sun.

Malcolm Park was taking a series of photos of the huge star through a specially filtered telescope when a strange object began to drift across it.

Malcolm, of South West London, said: "I was recording activity on the sun when I caught this strange encounter. It looks like an irregularly-shaped lump of rock and is clearly rotating very quickly."I wondered if what I captured was a piece of space junk or, with the way it was tumbling, a small asteroid."

Malcolm said he had ruled out the possibility of a plane or a bird because of the strange shape and absence of any wings.

Robin Scagell, vice-president of the UK's Society for Popular Astronomy, said: "This is a fascinating observation - and a genuine unidentified flying object as no one knows for sure what it is.

"My guess is that it might be a party deflated weather balloon high in the atmosphere - but we don't really know."

Mr Scagell warned that no one should attempt to look directly at the sun except with proper professional filters or risk being blinded.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 2-2-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Simply put, this looks like debris.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this and we know the Suns (newspaper not bright star) record on reporting bogus ufo sightings. However this does seem genuine.Question is what is it bird plane balloon or something else.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That's a Chinese lantern, for sure!!!

Seriously, if that's some kind of device being steered than they should be pulled over for DUI because it seems to be tumbling through space.....like debris.

Star and flag for the find.

Peace

[edit on 2-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Yep , looks much like a tumbling lump of space debris. Although I have to wonder why the first place the expert dude went, was weather ballon? What the hell is that about ? Surely it looks alot more like an ovoid tumbling space rock than a deflated bit of science kit ?
Maybe my eyesight is going wafty!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the object tracking across the sun. www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
One thing is certain is the all these recent "Back Yard Astromers" are starting to make NASA look bad. No goverment control allows growth/discovery.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Maybe it's a NASA style faulty CCD chip!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A flapping UFO, who would have guessed...

I wish birds would stop causing us trouble, it's bad enough with all the lantern and CGI idiots!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

A flapping UFO, who would have guessed...

I wish birds would stop causing us trouble, it's bad enough with all the lantern and CGI idiots!

Bird was what first came to my mind although i think it would have been to small and made invisible by the glare.Im leaning more towards asteroid tumbling through space.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
who cares, a dot moves across a video. I want to see close-up UFOs

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

Dont we all ? What you are looking for is the same thing all believers are looking for. The Holy Grail , the end of the debate, the absolute proof that UFO are craft, and not imagination . We all want that Conar. You are not alone in this.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
who cares, a dot moves across a video. I want to see close-up UFOs

Yeah no ones ever cracked that "close up picture" with aliens hanging out of the windows waiving. I am sure one day it will come, problem is no one will believe it when it does.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If it was within Earth Orbit the "object" would be crossing this line of sight within 0.77 of a second, making it on a average of 70miles a second in speed (based on satellite trajectories to keep in Orbit.)

Either this object is extremely far out and huge in terms of size (which we'd know about from amateur scopes aswell as NASA), or the footage has been slowed down considerably. It may even just be a simple Satellite crossing the Suns face, ive observed Satellites do the same across the Moon (with knowledge before hand.)

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That could have been anything from Earth to the Sun, passing in between the two.

A 2nd line is for addicts.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Without knowing the distance we do not know its speed or size and as stated before this could be anything. Would a satellite look like that while crossing in front of the sun?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/655cdcafc4ef.jpg[/atsimg]

This is what it looks like when a satellite is crossing the sun.

It could be just that

HM

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The video showing the Planet Mercury?

new topics

top topics

join