It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Secrets To Life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think these are very logical, and make sense. If everyone followed them, it might be a little better on this journey we call life.

#1..Realize that the way you turn out is no one's fault but your own.
#2..You must deal with the repercussions of all your actions.
#3..Your view is not superior to anyone else's view.
#4..Have an open mind.
#5..Treat others, as you would treat those you love.
#6..Condemn no one, for it is not your place.
#7..Have opinions, and be free to express them.
#8..Receive opinions willfully.
#9..Have faith in your beliefs.
#10..Question your faith.

Bonus:..Never raise hell at some restraunt about your food, and let the waiter send it to the back to have it fixed the way you want it. Believe me, it may be fixed to the way you wanted it, however, it will come back with some extras that you could only see with a microscope.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
that was very enlightening. Kudos my man! I agree, everyone should live by these rules.
Humans have problems knowing how to control their ego. Thus stems the problems that lead to all your rules.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sagacious.

I'm sure you didn't have to stop at 10 though.

Like: Try your hardest, or don't try at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
11. Life is meaningless, so if your give meaning to anything, it best be good.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

#1..Realize that the way you turn out is no one's fault but your own.

Unless you've been too damaged as a child by life or family....grown up in a war zone...third world sewer...used as child-labor for a trafficking ring...have an inherited mental illness or predisposition to terminal illness...

#2..You must deal with the repercussions of all your actions.

True! and also the repercussions of other people's actions, from family, nieghbors and up to Govts and other country's govts.

#3..Your view is not superior to anyone else's view.

Unless you want directions from someone that knows the area better? Or perhaps a neighbour wants to bring back lynching? A local heroin addict has the view that your HD TV would look great on his dealer's wall etc

#4..Have an open mind.

Have an open mind that exercises critical thinking. A mind should be like a house...good views all round and the roof doesn't leak!

#5..Treat others, as you would treat those you love.

As long as the ones you love are treated with kindness...

#6..Condemn no one, for it is not your place.

Unless you're a magistrate or judge...or someone suggests murder, robbery or arson as a way to spend the evening...or if condemnation is the only way they can hear disapproval...

#7..Have opinions, and be free to express them.

But sound them out in your mind first....a lot of opinions are best kept to ourselves.

#8..Receive opinions willfully.

Listen to other opinions.

#9..Have faith in your beliefs.

...and be willing to drop them in a split-second if the evidence shows they are mistaken or plain wrong.

#10..Question your faith.

Always...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Many of these are all good in theory but some of them can't apply to all different personality types. They're still prety good, otherwise. I wouldn't call them secret, though.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Sorry, but I am a little disappointed with these "secrets" you have presented. They seem very similar to the same recycled "lessons" we get from Old Man Marley down the street every time a Bingo night has been cancelled.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are positive messages and think it's good you want to share them with others. But they are hardly secrets that make life any more meaningful.

P.S. I like the bonus secret, so true.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

join