It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

dont tell me you got blue eyes?

mine green, i love them wouldnt change them for blue!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

dont tell me you got blue eyes?

mine green, i love them wouldnt change them for blue!

Would be goodoif medical science to enlighten on best diet and general precautions, dos and donts
for each colour of eyes and /or blood types.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i knew a blue eyed man, he turned out to be a serial rapist. He raped then murdered his last victim, chopped her up and put her in a trash bag.

Heʻs doing life now.

Funny thing is, heʻs super smart... the rocket science type

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkwingDuck82
i knew a blue eyed man, he turned out to be a serial rapist. He raped then murdered his last victim, chopped her up and put her in a trash bag.

Heʻs doing life now.

Funny thing is, heʻs super smart... the rocket science type

Do you know any other blue eyed men? I need to know if I should stay away from them or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have light yellow eyes, left handed, rh neg, iq 189, 5'3 male and 19.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Men with blue eyes are my weakness. Especially my boyfriends.. He's got those icy light blue eyes.

It just sucks that if we were to ever have a kid, he or she would probably be born with my dominant brown eyes. Blah !

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

too bad your height negates all the other bonus scores

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

Mine change from blue to green then blue again so WTF is with that?
So we all have the same OG daddy? He owes me a s**t load of birthday money.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i read somewere that blue eys are more sensitive. i have blue eys and they are very sensitive to water but i would not say they were to light that is in comparison to my friends and family with brown eyes.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Lol yeah, but i'm happy with my height

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by Pajjikor

Mine change from blue to green then blue again so WTF is with that?

Some ppl are like that.
One of my ex german girl friend's eyes used to change from brown to yellow
depending on her emotional state. she was the possesive type.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

cheap shot, I know sorry it was all I had

with an IQ like that do us all some good will ya? we could use it

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My dad has blue eyes i think. Mine were blue when I was born but now only my right eye is blue-green. My left is green. I think it has to do with the climate in the scandinavian latitudes. For example, plenty of scandinavians have light-colored hair. This is because of the latitude. If you put these fair skinned people near the equator they will turn red and will probably have other issues because their genes are not suited for that region of the planet.

(my right eye probably has less melanin than my left )

I'm jealous of Mediterranean types that have darker skin. They're more flexible. The ligher eye colors have a greater prevalence of age-related macular degeneration. This makes sense. Less melanin means that you will have less protection. Same thing applies to skin color. So their skin will age slower in a given environment compared to fair skin. Reduced cancer rates too.

NOTE: I just read that 89% of women and 87% of men in Iceland of green or blue eyes.

It looks as though we migrated to northern europe and acquired green/blue eyes and blond hair. Or, maybe more specifically, we migrated to northern latitudes and acquired these genes.
edit on 16-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My husband pointed out a good point both myself and him have blue eyes and like most blue eyed people in our family and friends we are tall medieum build and have fair hair and skin. He said that this sounds like a Nordic ancestery we live in England close to York which was a big Nordic settlment area.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.

I found this very intresting, because I do have blue eyes, and everyone in my immediate family do as well. They just don't know why the original blue eyed ancestor had blue eyes, very odd. Everyone had brown eyes, but something happen.

Read more about this, it's fascinating!

www.sciencedaily.com...

It doesn't quite explain all blue eyes. There's actually 3 alleles on 2 chromosomes known to give eye color. And there's 2 types of blue eyes. There's blue eyes that a blue and blue all the way through. And there's blue eyes with an amber star pattern around the pupil.

Blue eyes all the way through and through are
Chromosome 19: EYCL1 = blue, blue
Chromosome 15: EYCL2 = blue, blue
Chromosome 15: EYCL3 = blue, blue

Blue eyes with the amber star pattern around the pupil like the blue eye on Wikipedia are ...
Chromosome 19: EYCL1 = blue, blue
Chromosome 15: EYCL2 = blue, amber star

Green eyes are....
Chromosome 19: EYCL1 = blue, green or green, green
Chromosome 15: EYCL2 = blue, blue

Brown eyes are any of the following combinations ...
Chromosome 19: EYCL1 = blue, green or blue, blue or green, green
Chromosome 15: EYCL2 = blue, amber star or amber, amber or brown, amber
Chromosome 15: EYCL3 = blue, brown or brown, brown

So it is possible for two brown eyed parents to have a blue eyed kid or a green eyed kid. But it's NOT possible for two blue and blue eyed parents (blue through and through) to have a brown eyed kid or a green eyed kid. Blue through and through have nothing to give but recessive blue genes on all alleles and chromosomes.

Hazel eyes are more complicated and their might be a 4th allele on another gene also related to hazel eyes or combination color eyes.

Bi-color hazel eyes are ...
Chromosome 19: EYCL1 = green, green

Tri-color hazel eyes are ...
Chromosome 19: EYCL1 = blue, green

But like I said before on hazel eyes, there still might be another allele related to eye color on another gene causing mixing in colors.

So...one mutation just doesn't explain the wide variety on at least 2 chromosomes and 3 different alleles. There's got to be more to it.

Answering Rare Questions about Eye Color Genes

Eye Coloring Genetics (powerpoint)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
so if one blue eyed person fornicates with another blue eyed person.... is that incest?

That being said, i have eyes that are green when less than 3 feet away, blue, grey or green the rest of the time depending on what I am wearing.

My wife has brown eyes (yay no incest) and so do both my kids. Both are lighter than hers though.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer
Man...Anything for Olive/Dark Green? Such a lame color anyway...My good looks offset it, yeah, but still.

Wait, what???

Dark Green eyes are ugly, but you are so beautiful that you negate the hideousness of it? You should likely replace your avatar with a picture of yourself. That guy in your avatar is pretty homely.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

Assuming the first blue eyes were a mutation in a single person; surely, as I would imagine with any recessive gene characteristic (such as ginger hair etc) it could only really be passed on in a small community where the mating pool is small enough that the two recessive genes are carried recessively for a few generations before recombining from two parents with the 'dormant' blue eyed genes.

Or via direct inbreeding.

Always found this aspect of genetics interesting. Genetic mutations that survive recessively rather than dominantly.

Is it also possible that the opposite is true? Original state was blue eyed and a mutation created green / brown eyes as dominant characteristics which almost wiped out the original trait.

Also, on a different tangent. I never realised how rare blue eyes are across the pond. By the sound of the reactions in this thread there aren't so many blue eyed yanks. Not considered unusual in the UK at all. My blue eyes were certainly a curiosity in the far east though. The filipina girls loved em

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

nope thats the only one

He was a carrot top with freckles and glasses fyi

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

There can be some variance and exceptions, but the way I was taught was that it was a recessive gene, and can be summed up by this graph:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/915b74c7a34f.png[/atsimg]

This is CORRECT.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join