It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My Great-grandfather, Grandfather, Father and myself all have steel blue eyes and 20/10 vision which I believe is very rare.

English, Scottish, Irish, Dutch, German and Cherokee heritage claim influence to the-shell.

We are all good hunters though only kill what we eat.

Regardless of color, the eyes Are the windows to the soul.

Don't blink.

Focus!

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Blue eyes here...But then again, I'm Irish, no big surprise...

As far as the commonalities of sharing the same ancestors...Like other posters have also pointed out, many brown eyed children, like two of my own, would also share the same heritage from blue eyed parents and grandparents. So limiting this ancestry to only blue eyed people would be an erroneous conclusion.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhines

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

And they are pure and clean aswell. Famous blue eyes - Paul Newman, i bet he got laid a lot.

Do you Guys know the meaning of Racism? OMG THIS SITE OMG!

Aryan?!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Do you remember high school science? Brown is dominant but your child has a one in four chance of having blue eyes.

My husband has brown eyes, I have blue, and my son's eyes turned out to be blue.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Maybe they mean smart and ugly or dumb and beautiful?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yup, blue eyes here. Though nobody in the family; Mother, father, grandparents, aunts, uncles, ect. Mutants unite!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by GoodFella
I have blue eyes, with a quarter of my right eye being green-ish.
What does that make me?

Observant.

Second line.

True, but not quite the whole story.

Heterochromia

In anatomy, heterochromia refers to a difference in coloration, usually of the iris but also of hair or skin. Heterochromia is a result of the relative excess or lack of melanin (a pigment). It may be inherited, due to genetic mosaicism, or due to disease or injury.

Heterochromia of the eye (heterochromia iridis or heterochromia iridum) is of two kinds. In complete heterochromia, one iris is a different color from the other. In partial heterochromia or sectoral heterochromia, part of one iris is a different color from its remainder.

Oh, and, blue eyes here too. Father: brown, mother: hazel. Closest relative with blue eyes is my paternal grandmother.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a comon ancestor? Sure, we had two. They were called "Adam and Eve."
or First Man and First Woman" if your native.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well if you go back far enough in history, we would all have the same ancestors yes?

So we are all related really, it's just depends how distant your "common" relative is on the branches of the "Family Tree of All Humans".

**Edit** ok it's looks like "Elightenup" may have answered my question below, as I was typing it. Thanks very much, never heard of that before.

On a side note my many people tell me eyes change from geen to blueish-green to blue failry often. Is this even possible???? Or is it just people being fooled by different lighting conditions, or some other simple explination. Because personally I don't see it, never have, when I look in the mirror my eyes always look to be a light green, never blue. But people insist I have blue eyes "sometimes". Wierd.

I do know my hair gets much blonder in the summertime, there's no mistaking it. When I was young it go from Blond to almost white , when I spent alot of days outside in the summer.

It still happens, now even as an adult, but it's much, much, much less noticable. (the hair color change). The eye color thing has always remained the same.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Nola213]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes indeed, I have the biggest bluest eyes that you will ever see! I'm one of those males that another male could look at and instantly hate.( which is not a good thing) I guess that would explain me not having very many male friends growing up.

The ladies sure loved me! That is until I got married.( sorry ladies)

This thread makes me think of this:

"No one knows what it's like to be the sad man, to be the bad man, behind blue eyes." - The Who

~ Zeus

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Mine sort of go from grayish to more sky-blue depending upon lighting. It's just lighting. I highly doubt it's because pigment changes are happening. It it were, then it should be visible regarldess of lighting-- of course, in the dark all our eyes are the same color.

Hair also does bleach in the sun's UV rays. If you tan, the contrast is further increased. That's definitely legit.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, I guess that would apply to green eyed individuals as well. I would assume that all who have green eyes are linked as well. I mean, I always thought it had more to do with the differing genetic makeup of the parents. I never thought it had a common denominator, but apparently, if this article is true, then that's not the case.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr
Blue eyes here...But then again, I'm Irish, no big surprise...

WRONG!!!! Most Irish people have green eyes. My dad was Irish;he had blue eyes, but that's not common.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have a question then..

I have brown eyes and my husband has ice blue eyes.

How did we end up with a green eyed daughter?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Recessive genes. You and him have recessive genes for green eyes. But its not as simple as that. Eye colour is more than one gene. green is a kind of halfway between blue and brown.

blue--->grey--->green---->brown

roughly but lots more shades inbetween, like amber.

green being the rarest brown the most common.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

most Irish people dont have green eyes, because they are very very rare.

Hungary has the most.

I live in England, I have never seen someone with green eyes. Thats how rare they are in reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's just genetics. Everyone carries dominant/recesssive genes. Dominant is brown, of course, but if both parents have brown eyes and both have recessive genes for blue, then the offspring may have 1/16 chances of being born with blue eyes.

Same if both parents have blue eyes. If they both have recessive genes for brown, child can have brown eyes. If there is no recessive gene from either parent for brown eyes, then all children will have blue eyes.

In the example above, if both parents have brown eyes, and both have recessive genes for blue, then one out of sixteen children will have blue eyes..
However, this sixteenth child could be the firstborn.

It's Punnett's Square, in genetic's, where this is all charted out. (for blood type, eye color, lots of things.)

You can just google Punnett's Square. I would put a link here, but I don't know how. Sorry. Somebody will come along who has a better understanding of genetics than I, but maybe this will shed a little light. This is actually a very elementary explanation (that I offer).

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
I have a question then..

I have brown eyes and my husband has ice blue eyes.

How did we end up with a green eyed daughter?

This is kind of what happened with me. My mother has dark brown eyes and my father has light blue one's.. and I got a dodgy green/blue/grey combo. I believe to this day that my mum had an affair with the milkman.

But thats mostly because I have blonde hair & both my parents hair is dark brown!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

that is not a fact about how blue eyed men are well endowed, my buddy who has blue eyes-we were in the bathroom at the movie theaters to take a leak and i wasnt trying to look but i got a glance of his peen and it was pitifully small like smaller then my thumb. And his eyes are bluer then anyones.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstormtwo of the dumbest people I know have blue eyes

You're so eyecist!

Sorry, just had to pop in here and say that.

Peace,
FK

PS
Star and flag for an interesting topic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join