Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 14
43
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I found this very intresting, because I do have blue eyes, and everyone in my immediate family do as well. They just don't know why the original blue eyed ancestor had blue eyes, very odd. Everyone had brown eyes, but something happen.



Well, I guess this means we are related then.




posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.


I found this very intresting, because I do have blue eyes, and everyone in my immediate family do as well. They just don't know why the original blue eyed ancestor had blue eyes, very odd. Everyone had brown eyes, but something happen.

Read more about this, it's fascinating!

www.sciencedaily.com...

 
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Feb 2 2010 by Jbird]


Interesting, but it is an oversimplification to say that (only) blue eyed people have this common ancestor. Brown eyes are dominant, blue eyes are recessive. In other words you can carry blue eyes that are sort of... covered by brown. One would have to have themselves genetically tested to see if they carry the blue-eyed trait. Two brown eyed parents can indeed have a blue eyed child if both parents carry the gene and pass only that recessive trait on to that offspring. So if you have blue eyes you KNOW that you tie back to that ancestor, if you have another color you must see if you carry that blue eyed trait.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OK , So my family the grandparents have blue eyes,blond hair and all thier children have brown eyes and brown hair my parents. My kids ,my brothers kids have blond hair and blue eyes. the grandkids so far all have brown. Its a generation jump each time. go figure that one.



posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The amazing blue eyes of Emma Bunton.



TJ



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire
 


... And Blue eyed women are certainly the most beautiful of all.


Quite true, but what about purple and blue, or is ir pleidian and someone else outcome



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Dear relatives - Hello.



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.


[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]


Your post is interesting in that it's not able to be "starred" there are no stars to click on. wow. never saw that before.

However, I agree with your statement, as well as does my wife :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So 6 to 10 thousand years ago huh.. same time as ADAM who we know now is not the first man on earth but the first Enlightened Man. So all us Blue Eyed folks descended from Adam and the Alien DNA that caused Adam to become Enlightened when they created him. That's Awesome!

I almost feel sorry for you lesser being brown eyed people - on second thought, Nope.. I don't wanna share my Enlightenment with you lessers. You might muck things up. *GRIN*
edit on 8-4-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonoluminescence
Hmmm.

Scientist Baffled




I guess you can't have pleiadian or Aryan beings without the original beings.


I saw that and as I remember it, the man trusted his wife and did Not get tested to see if he was the child's father. I think it's more likely that she slept with a white man and didn't tell her hubby..



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by Monts
 



Originally posted by Monts
The only way your guaranteed to have a child with blue eyes is if both your parents have blue eyes.


That can't be right. Neither of my parents, nor my grandparents have blue eyes, yet I do. I don't know who taught you that but it certainly doesn't comply with my situation.




The genetics of blue/brown eyes are thus (you only have to look in a high-school biology book if you don't believe me):

Everyone has 2 genes for eye color. Children receive 1 gene for eye color from each parent.

Brown eyes are a dominant trait. One needs only have 1 brown gene to have brown eyes. So [1 brown+1 blue]=brown eyes AND [2 brown]=brown eyes.

Blue eyes are a recessive trait. One must have 2 blue genes to have blue eyes. Again, children get 1 eye-color gene from each parent.

So.

Two blue-eyed people will ALWAYS have blue-eyed children because both people have all blue genes. It is impossible for their offspring to have any other color eyes.

A brown-eyed person with [2 brown genes] and a blue-eyed person will always have brown-eyed children, because the children will get 1 brown gene from the brown-eyed parent and 1 blue gene from the blue-eyed parent and [1brown+1 blue]=brown eyes.

A brown-eyed person with [1 brown/1blue] gene and a blue-eyed person can have children with eyes of either color. They have a 50/50 chance of having blue-eyed kids because the children will get 1 blue gene from the blue-eyed parent, but may get brown OR blue from the other parent.

2 brown-eyed people who BOTH have [1 brown/1blue] can have blue-eyed children, because the kids can get either 2 brown genes, [1 brown/1 blue], or 2 blue genes. They have a 1:4 chance of having blue-eyed children and a 3:4 chance of having brown.

2 brown-eyed people who both have 2 brown genes can ONLY have brown-eyed kids, because they will receive a brown gene from both parents.



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Isn't this kind of common sense? 10,000 years ago was when the first humans started showing up, so we're kind of all related to them.



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Isn't this kind of common sense? 10,000 years ago was when the first humans started showing up, so we're kind of all related to them.


Could be. Then what about Woody Woodpecker



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection
 


if the genes are dominant that just means there is a 25% chance the kids eyes will be brown, not that it wins automatically.



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
so how come my kitten had blue eyes when it was born??
oh and yep i've got iceberg-blue eyes



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by believer74
so how come my kitten had blue eyes when it was born??
oh and yep i've got iceberg-blue eyes


Lol. How come? Simple
Your Kitty is prolly an outcome of a pleidian cat and a reptilian tomcat



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection
 


always figured she was an alien..

so that explains that when she bites me and i say "Beloved of the gods as you are.. " she stops..



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.


[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]


as a blue-eyed male, i can vouch for the that, especially the well-endowed part.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by riiver

The genetics of blue/brown eyes are thus (you only have to look in a high-school biology book if you don't believe me):

Everyone has 2 genes for eye color. Children receive 1 gene for eye color from each parent.

Brown eyes are a dominant trait. One needs only have 1 brown gene to have brown eyes. So [1 brown+1 blue]=brown eyes AND [2 brown]=brown eyes.

Blue eyes are a recessive trait. One must have 2 blue genes to have blue eyes. Again, children get 1 eye-color gene from each parent.

So.

Two blue-eyed people will ALWAYS have blue-eyed children because both people have all blue genes. It is impossible for their offspring to have any other color eyes.

A brown-eyed person with [2 brown genes] and a blue-eyed person will always have brown-eyed children, because the children will get 1 brown gene from the brown-eyed parent and 1 blue gene from the blue-eyed parent and [1brown+1 blue]=brown eyes.

A brown-eyed person with [1 brown/1blue] gene and a blue-eyed person can have children with eyes of either color. They have a 50/50 chance of having blue-eyed kids because the children will get 1 blue gene from the blue-eyed parent, but may get brown OR blue from the other parent.

2 brown-eyed people who BOTH have [1 brown/1blue] can have blue-eyed children, because the kids can get either 2 brown genes, [1 brown/1 blue], or 2 blue genes. They have a 1:4 chance of having blue-eyed children and a 3:4 chance of having brown.

2 brown-eyed people who both have 2 brown genes can ONLY have brown-eyed kids, because they will receive a brown gene from both parents.



Ok you haven't put anything for green eyes? My mother has green eyes and my father has brown eyes. My eyes are a blue/grey colour.
I think most of my mothers family have green or brown eyes, as for my fathers i never met any of them so don't know there eye colours.

My partner has blond hair blue eyes and so do both of our children. All three of them have deep blue eyes. So beautiful. I always have people comment on how blue my children's eyes are.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Everyone in my family has blue eyes, except my half sisters, so I guess that means my son and I are inbred.

Fitting I guess. We are from Jawja. I guess it is ok though, since it's more than 2nd cousins that far back. lol

Someone's eyes had to turn blue.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
BLUE POWER! BLUE POWER! BLUE POWER! BLUE POWER! BLUE POWER! BLUE POWER! BLUE POWER!

My brothers and sisters! We are the CHOSEN ONES! We are here to lead these primitive un evolved eyed savaged into a new millennium! Blue eyes is BEST EYE! NEVER forget that we are the next stage of human eye pigment evolution. Blue Eye REVOLUTION!



posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Blue-eyed boy here.

According to some accounts blue-eye's (originally) are not native to this planet, not until more recent times anyway.
I asked a lady I know about green-eyed people and she seemed to indicate they are Brown-eyed native's and blue-eyed new-comer's who mixed it up a bit

Genetic engineering is another theory on the whole blue-eyed factor.





new topics
top topics
 
43
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join