It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Blue Eyes? Heres Why!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Normally indoors during the day and with normal lighting condition my eyes are blue mixed with some grey and with very little yellowish thin strips - but if I go out in the sun or in bright light, the eyes appear to change between the shades of blue and grayish and can look a bit greenish sometime.

Wierd! I have some sort of chameleon eye-colour

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
My blue eyes:
link/
I could say, OUR blue eyes. Whole family has 'em.

(I can't seem to post a picture right.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Only people with blue eyes have souls. We're God's chosen people

hadriana, are you an alien? It seems like your skin is grey

[edit on 10-2-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Better than blue skin.
Which means your dead.
Or an Avatar.

So 10,000 years ago is what science tell me.
I don't think so.

And this DNA mutation can be correct if it can not be duplicated.
When science actually discovers something we will change all
eyes to blue.

So far its just a story or a new old wife's tale.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well, nothing better to do tonight than read twelve pages of eye color, so here is my contribution:

My av is a true picture of my eyes, but they are rarely that light and clear. Lighting conditions, clothing, make up, and mood will make them appear a different color ranging from almost clear to dark blue/violet. The reason that emotions will change eye color is because emotions change pupil size, either compressing or spreading out the pigmentation of the iris.

I am very interested in genetics and try to read and understand as much as possible on the subject. It is my understanding that eye color cannot be determined by the Punnett square because it is not dependent on only one gene. Therefore any set of parents can have any range of eye color in children. Though blue eyes are less prevelant than brown, it cannot be said that blue eyes are dependent on a strictly recessive pair of genes from two parents. Eye color is also not only dependent on melanin production. It also has to do with cellular density in the iris.

No one eye color is actually better than another. For instance light eyes have a higher chance of melanoma while darker eyes have a higher instance of cataracts. But I do remember reading that something suggesting that blue eyes were more appealing because it was easier to see the contraction and release of the pupil, making it easier to read the person better.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Bah, people with blue eyes are clearly not to be trusted

[edit on 11-2-2010 by BlueEyes]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

Then im missing 2/3rds of that trio... hmm come to think of it make it all 3 im missing

Interestingly, as of the last 3 years ive found myself very attracted to blue eyes, red hair and freckled women... when before that period I had little interest in that hair or eye color, and was the typical cliche Blond with a tan loving male...

Did some age based genetic switch suddenly turned on?.. it was a noticeable change from my perspective since it happened abruptly enough for me to notice. To think my mind could be altered by my genes looking for a similar mate is rather disconcerting to say the least.

People also need to remember if it hasnt been mentioned already, Blue Eyes are recessive... you can be brown eyed and still carry the blue eye gene, have kids with another recessive blue eye gene carrier and you have a 1 in 4 chance of having a blue eyed kid.

Wonder if Red hair has a similar historical beginning, a single common ancestor.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Only people with blue eyes have souls. We're God's chosen people

hadriana, are you an alien? It seems like your skin is grey

I've been found out.
It's not grey, but I am extremely pale.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

So does this apply for those people that have changing eye colors too?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
All this talk about blue and brown eyed people, what about us green eyed people?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

who`s findings are you taught in your schools? as i see it most genetics is almost guess work as thay don`t know what allot of genes mean/do so don`t know if the unknown genes do affect the known genes

what i`m realy geting at is the question is this actulay proven 100% or is this another well this is the best we got so far things like allot of things inscience,like metaphysics and alike subjects

Nothing is ever proven 100%...but, genetic studies were in it's infancy back when I was in Junior High School... but the subject interested me then, and I have kept up on it. We have mapped a lot of the Human Genome since then, and discovered a lot since then. Back when I was in Junior High, they only knew of 1 set of genes, since then they've discovered two more that work with the first that create eye color.

I don't study just one school of thought, but many...so to credit one source is not possible.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Ooooooo.
Do you feel attracted to others with blue eyes?
Maybe you could make a superbaby!

I do yes. I have blue eyes/blond hair and am trying to find another, yet I always end up with dark hair/dark eyed girls...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection

Looks like we need to start planning a family reunion!

GREAT idea!

I'm in.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Judging by my family, my genes program for blue eyes but I don't actually have proper blue eyes. I looked it up when someone asked me about my eyes (because I've never been sure). This is what they look like (I said like - this isn't my eye).

link

I've central heterochromia making the inner sides of my irises yellow/hazel and blue on the outside, with a very dark blue ring on the very edge of my irises.

Go figure.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Welfhard]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by maximiliian
I hate when people say their eyes change color based on their mood or what they wear what a bunch of crap, that is not normal or true, its just the lighting and surroundings.

Well, I for one, would like to refute this. It actually happens to my eyes. My eyes are sometimes Kelly green and sometimes deep blue. I'm colorblind, so I never noticed it. But, it was brought to my attention once by an old girlfriend I used to have. Once, when I was extremely happy, in the "throes of passion," shall we say, she pointed out that my eyes had changed color and were a real deep blue. I think she would have known what color my eyes were and then be able to recognize when they had changed. Since I found this out, many other people have pointed out the change in color at different times. One girlfriend compared my eyes to a mood ring.

So, the few people who have posted stories about having eyes like this are not making it up just to brag about them or anything. It really happens. It must be very rare or there would be some name for this condition.

If it matters any, my ancestors were Vikings. We've traced our ancestry directly back to Harald HaarFager. As to what color the rest of my families' eyes are - I don't have a clue. (Colorblind, remember?)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
all my family (except my mother) are blond with blue eyes.. which never pleased my mother with her dark hair/brown eyes... all our kids have the same blond/blue combo...

I just got back from Copenhagen with my partner... I should have changed my hair colour and wore dark sunglasses before we left as it got tedious after a few days with all the tourists asking us directions

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
All this talk about blue and brown eyed people, what about us green eyed people?

You're just a bunch of freaks... No one cares about you
(jk)

As for all the talk about blue eyed people being smarter, better looking and well endowed, well it can't be true, because I have blue eyes!

Err, hold on...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Blue eyed people are smarter too, and better looking, and the men are amazingly well endowed.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by factbeforefiction]

Im in 100% agreement with factbeforefiction

Nail twatted firmly on the head

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have heard this before but not sure I like the thought of it as I have blue eyes!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What about me then?

I have one green eye and one blue eye!!??

My parents have always told me that its a birthmark, like you get on your body. Except I got it in my eye!

VVV

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join