It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG Urantia Book. Greatest thing ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So I heard about Urantia a long while ago but really never looked into it. I just knew it was a channeled book but after looking into I see it covers everything. Life, Death, Jesus, spirit beings, Earth (Urantia), cosmology, it's cool.

It also teaches that God doesn't send anyone to hell, there was no original sin and that Christ didn't die for 'sins' either. I know this goes against orthodox Christianity but still it's an interesting view point.

Do you think it's real or bunk?

Urantia Book

Truth Book a good reference site.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Bunk.
I listen to conspiracy type radio shows every day and, according to the "orthodox" conspiracy point of view, the book was commissioned by the Rockefeller's, years ago, in order to pave the way for one of their clan to become a messiah type person, at some future date, which I think was 2009. There is one, Supriem Rockefeller, who announced his messiahship last year.
His stated plan is to have his corporation do the actual building contract for the "third" temple, in Jerusalem. The key to it is acquiring the ark. Years ago, it was thought to be in Ethiopia. There was conveniently a "Al-Qaida " threat there, to where the US had to send some sort of military presence. Then it was discovered that the ark was in Yemen, so now, all of a sudden Al-Qaida is in Yemen and the US has some sort of military operation there.
My position is that the whole ark thing is a great hoax, meaning there is no "ark". That it is an invention of the Judean priesthood, for the purpose of their own sort of rebuilding of their second temple, and having a way to legitimize it. The plan did not really work out because no one "found" an ark, mainly because they had lost the secret that it was a hoax, and no one knew to manufacture one.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Urantia Book was started in the 1920's and finally published in the 1950's. Also the book isn't promoted so I don't see how it could pave the way for Rockefeller if hardly any one knows about the book.

As for the ark being in Ethiopia they never show it in public which does create some skepticism. I'd have to see it to believe it. I also heard theories that the ark is made out of clay into a large bowl shape but that goes against the description in Exodus that it's make out of wood inlayed with gold, also it's box shaped.

The Pharaoh's also had arks here is King Tut's Link it has a jackal on top though and not cherubim.

As far as Orthodox Jews are considered the ark is lost and will be restored by the Messiah.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All I know about the Urantia book is this.

It is the biggest longest frigging book I attempted to read.

I still have mine somewhere.

It made a good door stop it is so big.

top topics

join