It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most beautiful of all the angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Satan was the most beautiful of all the angels...I see this everywhere, it is so engrained in our society I always thought it was in the bible...

Can someone help me with this? I can't find it in any of my bibles yet.

I can find 2 Corinthians 11:14 where speaking of Satan it says he transforms himself into an angel of light.

Any help here would be appreciated, its terrible when we just go along with stuff and keep repeating it.
I did a quick web search on the term, and I got lots of pages just throwing it out there when describing Satan, but, no textural quotes or references, and that is not suprising when searching the world on the Word, most tend to spew how they feel or what they think...not what is in the Word.

So, if you know where I can find this, please use a quote I can locate in any bible.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
maybe William Blake wrote this? Ive heard it too but I'm not sure where its from

Milton! it could be Milton now that I've given it some more thought

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

You will find it in Ezekiel 28: ff

Ezekiel describes the King of Tyre...
...but the description is layered with a description of the power behind the throne.

Ezekiel 28:13-19 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

The King of Tyre was neither in 'Eden' nor a 'covering cherub'...
...either 'created' or ever 'upon the mountain of God'...
...but Satan/Lucifer was.

I hope that is helpful.

[edit on 1/2/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've always heard this as well, but I'm not sure where it's located in the bible. Maybe it's not even biblical?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have always believed Angie Everheart,Holly Valance and Beyonce were the most beautiful angels on gods earth.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Rather than referencing Satan, try referencing Lucifer. This literally means the bringer of light. Lucifer was, so I am led to believe, God's right-hand man. He was meant to be the most beautiful angel in the heavens.

I think I read somewhere that Lucifer was portrayed as an ugly demon in the Middle Ages by the church in order to make the masses fear him, when in fact, he was described as a being of pure beauty.

Please, if I am mistaken in posting this, correct me.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
[edit on 2-2-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Back in the nineteenth century when religions like the Seventh-day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses got their start, there was more of the strong belief in the inerrancy of the Bible, meaning that the canon is right, and that whatever is in our canonical Bible was written, if not directly by God, at least by the direction of God, through the holy spirit, in way of divine inspiration. That sort of stance is problematic when one considers things like the book of Jude, where it quotes Enoch, as if it is a second hand sort of legitimizing of the Book of Enoch, which is so much fake late invention of a pseudo-mythology. Once you accept that sort of thing, you can get caught up in strange beliefs about Satan and angels and demons. Well if you were setting up your own religion, you might have those beliefs in your head, but you might not want to expose yourself to the ridicule of taking non canonical books as gospel. So, you absorb whatever mythology has been already incorporated into Christianity, here and there, until you have a set of beliefs that match your own ideas. You have your self appointed committee review all this conglomeration and they put their seal of approval on it, and then you dispense it to all your members, who are hungry to suck it up, being based on human invention, it is readily accepted into anyone's way of thinking, being already inclined to think that way, anyway.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I believe the origin of " The Satan"'s reference to beauty is related to the ancient esoteric teachings of Jewish Mysticism. The main Satan, Sa-ma-kel, was/is tied to the central spiritual "sphere" of 'Tifereth' or translated as 'Beauty'. Truth is also referenced as beauty, and since the Satan was placed to be the revealer of truth, truth of hearts (see ancient egyptian book of the dead where the deceased has their heart weighed against a feather) he is the vehicle of revelation of absolute truth, whether for positive or negative, and therefore absolute beauty.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The bible is a general guide on how people should live, it is NOT an instruction manual to be disected and scrutinized. The bible was written with divine inspiration, but it is still written by men, and men are not infallible. The bible is a loose collection of books, letters, myths and oral tradition.
The first books of the early New Testament were written in Greece a few hundred years after the death of Jesus. Enough time for things to be embellished, exaggerated and added in for extra 'zing'. Later the Romans adopted Christianity and some of the early Christian emperors decided to 'edit' certain parts of the bible, adding and removing parts as they saw fit. Later still, King James had the bible written in English and again had the bible altered to suit the needs of his people. Over the years entire books have been omitted and destroyed. Many of these books are still kept in the Vatican, but we will never see them or know their contents.
The Old Testament has been preserved fairly well for millenia, but the New Testament was first handed down orally in Aramaic, then translated to Greek, then translated into Latin, then translated into English. I can only imagine what information was lost, changed, deleted or just plain mixed up in that many translations.
The bible, like all major religions, tells people to be the best you can be, be good to your fellow humans and live life to its fullest.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Satan was the most beautiful of all the angels....

So far, it appears this exact description isn't in the bible...but probably a secular conception that has crept into common religious theology?

I hate it when that happens...I know I have personally been guilty of saying the bible describes him as such...won't be doing that again.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

You will find it in Ezekiel 28: ff

Ezekiel describes the King of Tyre...
...but the description is layered with a description of the power behind the throne.

Ezekiel 28:13-19 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

The King of Tyre was neither in 'Eden' nor a 'covering cherub'...
...either 'created' or ever 'upon the mountain of God'...
...but Satan/Lucifer was.

I hope that is helpful.

[edit on 1/2/10 by troubleshooter]

This is from Bible and your is form where ?

Ezekiel 28
Prophecy Against the Prince of Tyre
1The word of the LORD came to me: 2(A) "Son of man, say to(B) the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord GOD:

(C) "Because your heart is proud,
and(D) you have said, 'I am a god,
I sit in the seat of the gods,
in the heart of the seas,'
yet(E) you are but a man, and no god,
(F) though you make your heart like the heart of a god—
3(G) you are indeed wiser(H) than(I) Daniel;
no secret is hidden from you;
4by your wisdom and your understanding
(J) you have made wealth for yourself,
and have gathered gold and silver
into your treasuries;
5by your great wisdom in your trade
you have increased your wealth,
and(K) your heart has become proud in your wealth—
6therefore thus says the Lord GOD
L) Because you make your heart
like the heart of a god,
7therefore, behold, I will bring(M) foreigners upon you,
the most ruthless of the nations;
and they shall draw their swords against(N) the beauty of your wisdom
and defile your splendor.
8(O) They shall thrust you down into the pit,
(P) and you shall die the death of the slain
in the heart of the seas.
9(Q) Will you still say, 'I am a god,'
in the presence of those who kill you,
though(R) you are but a man, and no god,
in the hands of those who slay you?
10(S) You shall die the death of the uncircumcised
by the hand of foreigners;
(T) for I have spoken, declares the Lord GOD."

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AeosGuru

A.G.
I am very familiar with that passage, and that it can be applied to Satan, however, MY POINT is that nowhere in the Bible does it say that he is the "MOST BEUTIFUL OF ALL THE ANGELS"...indeed, he was beautiful.
He was one of God's creations and as such perfect and, like many of God's finest creations, he had free will, and he chose poorly turning himself into something disgusting.
However, nowhere in the Bible does it call him "the most beutiful of all the angels"...that is something that has been added later.
"An easy assumption" many would like to say, I however purpose that it is a "small" lie perpetuated by Satan himself in order to make his image seem more desireable.
Satan wants power in any and all ways. Even in title. He is not satisfied to just be recognized as having been beautiful, he has to be the most, the best. WELL HE'S NOT! He is the deciever and has done well to get many people to call him "the most beautiful of all the angels" and have us say that is says so in the bible. IT DOES NOT.

It says he was beautiful, not the most. That is an assumption that has been wrongly inserted to make him come accross as more appealing. In another similar thread I used the illustration of a beauty contest. All the contestants are beautiful, only one is the MOST...Satin is not in a beauty contest I realize that, but its a good analagy to show the importance of a title. And this term is a form of a title, one Satan does not deserve.

new topics

top topics

join