It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US test simulating intercept of Iranian missile fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
US test simulating intercept of Iranian missile fails

A US long-range missile test simulating the interception of an Iranian 'ballistic missile' has failed over the Pacific Ocean, reports say.

However, the interceptor failed to destroy the target due to radar problems, the US Missile Defense Agency said. The US Air Force says both missiles performed well during the launch and the flight phases but the system's sea-based radar fell short of expectations.

prestv
I urge people to read this article and really digest what is written.

The US is testing an intercepting weapon coming from Iran because????
The system failed and was admitted because????

simplified, what you are being told is that Iran will send a missile at the US and it will get through the defence, chances are it will be a nuke because ballistic missiles sent that distance wouldn't want to run the risk of a small explosion, its like a one shot oportunity.
previously we get the word that Iran will reveal something on the 11th of Feb 2010.

you are being told that something could happen and you are already subconsiously preparing for it.

getting told Iran is developing nukes

The pawns are being moved and the game is almost ready to start
The quiet coming from Isreal, lets not forget the US and China disagreeing with weapon sales as well as US upset with Russian sales to Iran of Anti air weapons.

could still be a year away, but the messages are getting out into the conciousness of the people that something could happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the news, I did not heard about those test missile fails.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Failures happen with missiles and rockets, when I was stationed aboard the USS O'Kane we ran radar telemetry for the SM-3 missile, which is a very impressive system. I remember out of 12 engagements there was 10 successful intercepts, a simple remedy that applies to the SM-3 applies to the air force system fire 2 at the target. If real missiles were detected incoming they sure as hell wouldn't just fire 1 per target.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I may also add to the post that this headline also appeared today

Israel threatens Iran with "heavy price"

Israeli National Security Advisor Uzi Arada has threatened Iran with 'heavy' measures after reports of US augmentation of forces off Iran's coast. Uzi Arad, senior advisor to the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said Monday that he believes the situation with Iran may escalate; Tehran may have to pay a heavy price for what he called defying the world.

source

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I agree, I think this may mean more than meets the eye. Why would the U.S. want to admit across the globe that it's missile defence system failed?

The way I see it is this -

the U.S. and/or Israel are trying to lull Iran into a false sense of security. they are playing a chess game here. Iran may now possibly believe they can get through to possible targets in the gulf.

Whether this defense system did actually fail or not, who knows?

This was pure speculation on my part, but there is definatley a story to be read between the lines here, whatever it is.

g

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by munkey66

I agree, I think this may mean more than meets the eye. Why would the U.S. want to admit across the globe that it's missile defence system failed?

The way I see it is this -

the U.S. and/or Israel are trying to lull Iran into a false sense of security. they are playing a chess game here. Iran may now possibly believe they can get through to possible targets in the gulf.

Whether this defense system did actually fail or not, who knows?

This was pure speculation on my part, but there is definatley a story to be read between the lines here, whatever it is.

g

i totally agree, why would they tell the world our military flaws. but at the same time i remember "all warfare is based on deception." -- sun tzu

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Foodman]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
That's the question that immediately popped into my head upon reading the title of the thread.

Why would they make this public knowledge?

The idea that they may be lulling Iran into a false sense of ability is one idea.

Another is that they are setting up Iran for a false flag attack. After a nuke reaches it's destination they can claim our missile defense system failed and are immediately justified in bombing the holy hell out of Iran.

I'm not saying that is the case, but it's another angle to consider. I actually think the former to be more likely, but I figured I'd share that idea since it popped into my head.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
to be honest, most people are probably of the opinion that if any missile hits the US, it will be launched from Isreal with a big Iranian flag painted on the side.

reading between the lines I think is the most important part of this whole situation going down right now

top topics

join