It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China removed as top priority for spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Why would America bump down China on the spy list? Is the administration scared China won't buy our bonds? Does America know it cannot pay off it's debt to China so America is letting China info for payment?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What is the basis for your thread?

Do you have any source material that could be linked?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
TehranTimes

Best I could do in a hurry, take it for what it is...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
because they are to busy spying on their own citizens and gov officials not in their loop

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If the story is true it's not really a big deal. It makes sense for the United States to bump China down the list. The two nations have built a symbiotic relationship economically and it's in neither nation's interest to provoke the other. I have been saying for the last 10 years that China and America are moving farther and farther from conflict with each other and probably will continue to barring a major policy shift.

There are many other nations more deserving of the CIA's attention such as Iran, Yemen, Venezuela, and many of the central-Asian nations. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Russia is climbing back up the list too.

The United State's decision may be based slightly upon fear of China but it is probably based more upon shifting political climates than anything else.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

is one source for the thread.

and here are some links detailing how much China tries to spy on America

www.google.com... pell=1

top topics

join