It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted to Paradigm Shifting. Anyone Else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hi. My name is Seattle. I'm addicted to paradigm shifting.

I don't think its that bad of an addiction... but lately it seems that I live life to find completely new ways of seeing the world. Truthfully its like the opposite of being driven by my ego...

Most people are not able to accept paradigm shifts easily, because it would bruise their ego to think they have been wrong for their whole life. It's kind of the opposite for me. I'm not saying that my ego is non-existent, but it is definitely overpowered by the feeling I get when I find a new way of thinking. The rush I get overpowers my ego.

I love the feeling I get when I realize that humanity knows very little, in the grand scheme of things. I don't think it hurts my ego... because when I realize that I've been lied to, I realize that all humanity has been lied to.

Really I believe the key to learning more in this world is the belief that we know nothing, instead of believing that we are "right" all the time. That is the only way we will be able to progress as a society.

Really I feel the only way that the rush from paradigm shifting can overpower our egos is if we break free from the social programming and indoctrination shoved down our throats by television, movies, and music. Once we break free, we are able to think freely, without the need to feel that we "fit in"... Which is in itself assuming that the common human and science is correct in its ways of thinking.

So, I was just wondering. Is there other people that feel this way??

I am sure there are... Basically any "conspiracy theorist" has had some major paradigm shifts in their life time. None of us were raised to question things like we do.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have to agree wholeheartedly.

Although, I seem tho have leveled off in my addiction. Can't get as high anymore off of the same stuff.

But the binge has left me a different person, never able to go back.

Once the door opens, it gets lost somewhere afterwards... I cannot close the door on my new perceptions of this reality.

I think this is more widespread than just you and me.

I also think it might have something to do with 'novelty' and the whole Time Wave thing.

Perhaps it is our perception of ourselves and the world that creates novelty.

We are clearly a new breed.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is all a trick of the ego, it is 'all' ego. Just meditate more.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If by paradigm shifting you mean constantly sorting around my views based on new information... I don't usually do that. I have a way about how I look at the world. I believe in certain things. I believe in most of them strongly. I don't go around embracing all the paradigm shifts that take place. Rather I just accept the fact that they've occurred and I act differently accordingly. Unless I'm misunderstanding you... or I've misread you- did I answer your question? I think I did but I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

And the more joyful you become the higher in dimension you can access.

Have a fun shift!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The New Paradigm

As this present cycle runs its course to begin its ascent upon the next evolutionary spiral, the structure of the material field is showing signs of extreme decay. Individually and collectively we face the deterioration of our socio-sexual, political, and religious structures, and witness the proliferation of environmental degradation, war, famine and genocide across our Earth.

There is a renewed collective calling to achieve a level and strength of personal transformation that ultimately impacts the global reality, a form of transformation that provides both deliverance from personal suffering and a clear understanding of how changes at the fulcrum point of individual awareness will impact the morphogenetic influence vital to sustainable enlightenment and conscious evolution on a planetary scale.

At this time of challenge, we now have an opportunity to align with the higher physics of creation to resurrect that most awesome piece of biotechnology: the Human. This will require the acknowledgment of our totality. Not only are we physical, mental and emotional beings, we are electromagnetic beings.

LOVE

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I'm just glad you found something to help you get off the dragon.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

The dragon? What do you mean exactly

2nd line

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Heroin referance, I was just making a joke.

sorry :-\

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yeah I'm addicted, and I admit it's entirely an ego thing. People have interests and pursue them for their own selfish desire. Even helping the greater good is a trick of the ego. To be without an ego is to lose yourself entirely in the collective. You'd be 100% insane if this were the case.

I see much change for this century, heck even this decade, but don't put much weight in the thoughts of this being a new age. Once we looked to the stars and came up with many stories to answer many questions which curious minds needed to know. We labeled the celestial bodies gods, and thought of their movements as eons (ages). This was a means to record ethics, morals, and time throughout the generations in an efficient way. Make many connections, remember more effectively.

I see no reason think this "new age" will be glorious, or a golden era, or anything else. I simply think civilization is on the brink of another collapse, and nobody knows for sure what comes after that.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So that is what it's called....I have felt this way for a long time. Weird, I never knew what it meant, so to answer your question yes I am a little addicted esp in the last year or two.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Expanding Horizons
Teaching How to Live in a New Paradigm

LOVE

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I never shift my paradigm more that once a decade. If I do more than that I get dizzy. I like to keep my patterns of thinking for a long time.

new topics

top topics

join