It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeks money for nuclear weapons work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Obama seeks money for nuclear weapons work

news.yahoo.com

President Barack Obama is seeking increased funding for nuclear weapons research and security programs next year, even as his administration promotes nonproliferation and has pledged to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear arms.

The administration on Monday asked Congress for more than $7 billion for activities related to nuclear weapons in the budget of the National Nuclear Security Administration, an increase of $624 million from the 2010 fiscal year.

esident Barack Obama is seeking increased funding for nuclear weapons research and security programs next year, even as his adminis
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not one to find something fishy about events like this, but I have to admit I found it a bit shocking. What exactly is going on? We're cutting budget on the moon mission to stock pile more nukes? I figured liberals would rather go to the moon then nuke peoples.

He called the budget "a complete surrender to Senate Republicans," who have argued that stockpile reductions must be accompanied by a modernized nuclear weapons complex.

Check the source for sure.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yet more excellent work by the great Nobel Peace Prize Winner

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lophe

I'm not one to find something fishy about events like this, but I have to admit I found it a bit shocking. What exactly is going on? We're cutting budget on the moon mission to stock pile more nukes? I figured liberals would rather go to the moon then nuke peoples.

And this is why we have retards running the country right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

but I have to admit I found it a bit shocking. What exactly is going on?

I will give you 3 guesses and you can waste the first 2 on cookies and ice cream if you like!

Patriot missiles around Iran, there is suddenly a lot more money in the kitty after cancelling a big bit of NASA'a budget, more ships to the middle east, Israel still asking for more help, Ahmadinejad making some announcement on the 11th?? Troops are no longer in Iraq in huge numbers - that's been secured.

Just a matter of time now.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

I'm sorry did I offend an obama comrad? Just to clear it up, don't confuse my use of the word liberal with the Democrat political party. ;-)

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Lophe]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

He called the budget "a complete surrender to Senate Republicans," who have argued that stockpile reductions must be accompanied by a modernized nuclear weapons complex.

Check the source for sure.

news.yahoo.com

Anybody else find this funny? The Dems are still in control of both the Senate an the House, yet he blames his budget on the Republicans.

But yeah, I do find this new posture . . . odd. Would love to know what he's gonna get us into. Do I think he's moving to the center? H no.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
From Article-
"Greg Mello, director of the nuclear watchdog Los Alamos Study Group, said budgets for NNSA and DOE have increased in recent years, but the nation "hasn't seen any increase in weapons activities like this since the early years of Ronald Reagan."

"NNSA's budget request includes more than $2 billion for stockpile support activities, a 25 percent increase, and $1.6 billion for science, technology and engineering, an increase of more than 10 percent."

Why would we need an additional 2 billion for nukes stockpiling when we are the most armed nation on this planet?
What happened to REDUCING nukes?
Did that fly right out the window when Russia told us to go F ourselves?

Seems to me everyone is on edge right now.
What we need is clear heads, not paranoia.

top topics

join