It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the origin and meaning of COLUMBIA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We have Washington, District of COLUMBIA.

We have COLUMBIA Broadcasting System. (CBS)

We had the COLUMBIA space shuttle.

We had, and have all kinds of other COLUMBIA things. I remember reading about what it all meant a long time ago but can't seem to remember or find any information about it. Can someone please connect the dots for me? Thanks...

Oh, and I know the first thing that comes to mind is Christopher Columbus, but if I'm not mistaken it has nothing to do with him.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
District of the Goddess Columbia

That's all I really have to add. That thread pretty much sums it up.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Does anyone else have any information about this topic? That thread that was posted is kind of old. It doesn't read very well and a lot of the pictures and links are now broken.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
A simple google search for "meaning of Columbia" would help you out.

en.wikipedia.org...(name)
answers.google.com...

FYI, the space shuttle was named in reference to Columbia Rediviva which was a ship.

[edit on 4/2/10 by Nventual]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Rough transcript [spelling may be way off] of Michael Tsarion's "The Destruction of Atlantis" (viewable here: video.google.com... ) from ~ 1:49:11 - 1:50:50.

"There's one point here, that the British Royal Family [sp] use the malta cross [sp] and the dove, and everyone goes 'Oh, the dove! You know, the symbol of Jesus and the Holy Spirit...' No it isn't. The word in Latin or Spanish for dove is 'columbe,' right?, from which we get Columbia, so America was called Columbia, founded by Christopher Columbus; 'District of Columbia,' 'Columbia Records,' 'Columbia Pictures,' 'Columbia...'--Isn't it interesting that all your drugs come from Columbia, South America? Yeah, you know--if you find out who's running Columbia and who named it--you'll know why they... they're sending the drugs from there; British Columbia, and Columbus...

Well there was a magician, who was working for this black nobility, called, uh, Jusephi Valsamo [sp], known more poetically as Count Cagliostro. He had a, in freemasonry, a right that he called 'Cagliostro's Egyptian Rite,' which involved a virginal boy or girl as an oracle or even priest, for channeling information. These virgins were known in masonic circles... as the 'Columbe' (The Doves).

Now remember in 1999 the massacre at Columbine High School? Involving what? Children. Virgins. There's a reason that this is a rite, a sacrificial rite, when soldiers are gonna go and die, it's no good just to have them dress up and kill each other; they've got to be wearing stars... five pointed stars, oak leaves, malta crosses [sp] ... as a sign to the macrobes: 'these are your marked ones.' Then they'll send them to a field or a certain place. You know those fields in... in France where people died, in Crimea [sp] ? Check out where they are on the meridians. Find out--go into, uh, Richard Hoglan's [sp] website--find out all this stuff, about the exact positioning of certain things."

How true? I dunno.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's because prior to being renamed "The Americas" (after Amerigo Vespucci who mapped them) the landmass was simply known as Columbia, after the guy who "discovered" the place (one presumes "Turtle Island" didn't roll off the European tongue so well)

And so, there you go. It's basically just the continent's first name Brand.

top topics

join