It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break-in at Senator Mary Landrieu’s office conducted by CIA Domestic Black-OP Team!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Part of me thinks that O'keffe was set up. O'Keffe was a nuisance after the "Acorn Pimp" scandal. I'm certain someone would want to be rid of him. If his accomplices get off lightly that would probably tip me off that he was set-up by these guys to take a fall.

The other possibility is a bit too monstrous to think of-Perhaps O'Keffe was always an asset?

[edit on 2-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Definitely something to consider. I'm still leaning towards the "young guys want to pretend they're spooks" argument.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowkhas

Definitely something to consider. I'm still leaning towards the "young guys want to pretend they're spooks" argument.

I would not be surprised to hear that...as suggested...they were being run by 'real' spooks, either as a diversion or as a shot at getting the job done. A little reading of late (The Man Who Knew Too Much, by Dick Russell...a fascinating read! www.dickrussell.org...) has shown me that just because you figure you're working for somebody, that doesn't mean you actually are.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I had a friend whose sister was CIA, she and her sister travelled around the world together exploring civil wars in various countries. She was only 16.The CIA is and was a totally irresponsible organization and should have been outlawed, in fact it would have been if Kennedy had lived.
What I believed happened, these CIA morons, master morons, thought of a super cool plot to discredit O'Keefe and ease the pressure on Acorn and pulled him into this plan that they planned to fail. Here again your taxpayer dollars at work to further the evil empire.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
These days, it's difficult to determine exactly who our own agencies are working for. The article below is a rather disturbing read in my opinion, as it suggests our own paid for intelligence agencies and their staff are using their knowledge, and likely government infrastructure and contacts, for either personal gain or outsourcing themselves to corporate, and probably foreign, "customers".
Of course, this is hardly unbelievable, as it's exactly what our own politicians do on a daily basis too, but that does in no way mean it's right, and it should be stopped immediately.

www.politico.com...

In the midst of two wars and the fight against Al Qaeda, the CIA is offering operatives a chance to peddle their expertise to private companies on the side — a policy that gives financial firms and hedge funds access to the nation’s top-level intelligence talent, POLITICO has learned.

In one case, these active-duty officers moonlighted at a hedge-fund consulting firm that wanted to tap their expertise in “deception detection,” the highly specialized art of telling when executives may be lying based on clues in a conversation.

An interesting read and brings up all sorts of questions, as to what sort of work they would undertake that is not run past their superiors for clearance?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Lets be honest, this has nothing to do with the CIA, FBI, NSA, or MIB.

OKeefe just wanted to be a right wing version of Michel Moore who believed he was bullet proof after Fox news canonized him. (Didn't the GOP want to give him some sort of medal?) Maybe he was hoping for his own show on the network or at least a regular spot on Glen Beck.

If he had stuck to the formula of wearing outrageous costumes to scam organizations he may have had a good career, for a while. (Although that's usually more the British way of doing things.)

Unfortunatley he believed his own hype and thought he was an Investigative Journalist.

Maybe now he can do an expose of the prison system.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This latest break-in seems suspicious? However, will it have the same impact as Watergate? Time will tell, but I don't think the CIA or any intelligent agency for that matter was involved. It is probably the Republican Party out to dig up dirt on Landrieu, a Democrat. Remember, there is a big election this year and the Republican's are out to remove the Democrat majority from both the House and the Senate. She is up for re-election, and is currently campaigning. So, I would assume this recent security breach was to dig up dirt on the Senator, to make things easier for her Republican counterpart's campaign.

It is typical political tom-foolery. Albeit, illegal and a felony crime, but this type of thing has gone on before with both parties. So, I fail to see a morbid conspiracy run by a sinister faction within the intelligence community. These guys were probably sent in by the GOP. The Republicans want their majority back, and apparently, will use whatever means necessary to get it done. So, lets not jump to conclusions here, and we will find out in the trial why he was sent to the senator's office to conduct illegal surveillance, and by whom?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In my opinion, is it too early to say if there are pupeteers acting in the background of this interesting story. Here are some possible scenarios:

1. All men caught are political activists. Their reckless performance lacks common sense. Their action was just stupid and illegal. Their previous intelligence training has left them with a feeling of invincibility, but reality has taught them otherwise.

2. O' Keefe has stepped on the wrongs person toe. One or more undercover agents have infiltrated O' Keefe's group. The undercover agent(s) incite the group to conduct a criminal activity. This sort of entrapment happens on a regulatory basis.

3. O' Keefe and his fellows worked really for the CIA. Maybe even the Acorn pimp trap was a CIA plot. Diverse scenarios are possible.

4. Other players have watched these men. Their convictions and intelligence training made O'Keefe and his fellows ideal “spies for hiring”. Possible players are:

Higher ups in the GOP: O' Keefe's activist history would fit. A GOP senior fellow would find that activists with intelligence training are ideal assets for such an illegal activity on the political opponent.

Mossad: Israeli governments have shown, that they are not reluctant to spy on their staunchest ally. In the senators office information of Israeli interest is collected. Members of the caught group have visited Israel. They have taken part in intelligence training. So naturally the Mossad could have developed a connection to these men.

A corporate entitiy.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Shoot. I cannot find it, but there was a thread in early January where somebody was implying that there was some sort of 'war' going on between the executive branch/FBI and the shadow government/covert intelligence community.

Basically, it was a theory that went something along the lines of:

• Obama takes office, but resists to play ball with the shadow government
  • Shadow government sponsors Tea Parties and ACORN scandal investigations to tarnish new administration, sink approval rating, disrupt super majority and continue to divide Americans
  • Obama continues to resist, citing his platform and desire to tax the rich in an effort to re-build the middle class
  • Shadow government stages the "Potomac gunman" incident (which disappeared)
  • Obama continues to resist but decides to ride healthcare as a big issue because it will likely lose anyway and he may as well root out his opposition now before he gets to real reform
  • Strangers are allowed into state dinner as another warning to play ball
  • Obama has CIA ops killed in Pakistan after learning of a black op
  • Underwear bomber is put on plane
  • Covert ops are nabbed during Landrieu affair
  • Obama strips NASA of funding (which went to black ops)
  • ... what's next?

I am sure I am getting the order/details of this wrong. I cannot find the OP where this theory was brought up. Basically, it seems to me that there is some sort of power struggle going on, and it is getting real messy with each side getting more brazen than the other.

I know this theory sounds pro-Obama, but it went both ways. Bush started playing ball right after 9/11 - there was no doubt about that. My guess is that he initially resisted as well, but did so in more of a Texas outback "what are you gonna do about it" way. He went from "uniter" that wanted to reform our schools, to warmonger who wanted to conquer the M.E. real fast. That pretzel incident did not add up to me either.

Were these guys real-deal CIA? Probably not. CIA probably knew it was a high-risk op due to all of the cat-mouse going on and used these patsys. This is a conspiracy site - when somebody gets caught making a stupid mistake in the course of a high profile crime (like bugging a homeland security committee senator's office) it is usually a patsy.

aaaaaaaand of course, this could just be a group of wannabe's who did something stupid and there is no conspiracy at all. But that is no fun now, is it?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Perhaps this is a case that calls for water-boarding.
We need answers and we need them now.

Is this treason?
Is this aggression against the US?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

The way I see it, if Barack was not backed up by an even more powerful shadow elite, he won't last. Barack is really rocking the boat.
Traditionalists really hate him.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
if these guys are so good at doing bad stuff.......why did they get caught?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I heard yesterday on Hannity that there was more to this story than meets the eye. O'Keef was the same guy who posed as a pimp and busted ACORN. In my opinion, its the GOP behind this.

I think Hannity is actually interviewing the guy on the radio in a hour or so.
Thats about as MSM as it gets

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

There may be more to the story of the break-in at Senator Mary Landrieu’s office than what we were first told. Allegedly some of the person’s arrested in the break-in were trained by the CIA and Israel.

SENATE BURGLARY: CIA DOMESTIC BLACK-OP TEAM ARRESTED

Last week’s break-in at Senator Mary Landrieu’s office in the New Orleans Federal Building was more than it seemed, much more. All of the 4 arrested had been trained by the CIA and, possibly, Israel. One arrested, Stan Dai, is listed as an Operations Officer of the Department of Defense Irregular Warfare Program and a known expert and lecturer on, not only surveillance but explosives training, assassinations and “false flag operations.” If you wanted a plane to crash, an enemy to get sick and die or a building to blow up, Dai would be the man to know how to make it happen. Problem is, his skills were being used as part of a criminal conspiracy inside the United States against members of our own government.

Original reports on the “break-in” were also wrong. One of those arrested was found blocks away with a covert receiver, managing the office bugs. The man in the car is identified as Stan Dai, Operations Officer for the Department of Defense Irregular Warfare Program:

“one of the four was arrested with a listening device in a car blocks from the senator’s offices.” The FBI’s affidavit noted that Flanagan and Basel were in the building with O’Keefe, and a federal law enforcement official confirmed to AP that Dai was the one in the car.”

What is not initially known is whether this was the first attempt or, as is much more likely, an additional incursion to plant new bugs as the ones in place were missing key conversations. Also, it is not known how many “black ops” crews are being run by the CIA inside the United States in violation of their charter or if their operations are being limited to spying on Democratic lawmakers or if operations of a more threatening nature have been performed but remain undiscovered.

Additionally, as this was a covert op against US government investigations of, not only terrorism and terrorism funding but major financial crimes against the United States, it is unclear who the recipient of the “product,” an intelligence industry term for “output” or information put up for “distribution” might be. Potential buyers could be the Republican Party, Israel, Turkey, India, Russia, China, Venezuela, North Korea or financial institutions involved in massive money laundering schemes being investigated by the Senate’s Committee on Homeland Security of which Senator Landireu is a member.

Veteran's Today

They had a guy who was an expert in “false flag operations” involved.

Looks like there may be more to this break-in than meets the eye.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

Someone is smoking crack. And that is whomever wrote this article. I have rarely read such pure BS. I live down here and am very familiar with this incident. Let me give ya a lil background that is actually factual as opposed to the above nonsense.

O’Keefe and three others – Joseph Basel, Stan Dai, and Robert Flanagan – are accused of breaking federal law by entering federal property under false pretenses. The alleged goal: tampering with the phone lines in an office for Sen. Mary Landrieu (D) of Louisiana. The office is located in the Hale Boggs Federal Building in New Orleans.

According to an FBI affidavit unsealed Tuesday, Messrs. Basel and Flanagan finagled their way into Senator Landrieu’s office by posing as phone repairmen, wearing denim pants, tool belts, and hard hats. O’Keefe was already inside the office, allegedly to take video of the pair with his cellphone.

Basel and Flanagan, according to the affidavit, manipulated the phone system in the senator’s office and then went to a General Services Administration building to access the main communications system for the building. They were arrested there after saying they left their credentials in their cars.
Landrieu opposed Flanagan's father in a recent nomination. Dai is a freelance consultant for the junior statesman program of the CIA. And he INTERNED as an Operations officer in the Irregular Warfare Fellowship program. Okeefe is the guy who pretended to be a pimp in the acorn video. Basel is nobody of consequense.

These are well to do kids. WHo get the good internships, etc.... They are conservative activists/journalists. Tehy are students. They are not highly trained government operatives. They are overzealous journalist wannabes who apparently misrepresented their identities to wiretap a senator. A democrat. These kids are about as black bag as Yogi Bear. No legitimate liberal news organization will even run that trash article by Gordon Duff. Duff is a former marine who has been rightfully described as a lifelong sufferer of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He is a total whack job.

Here's Duff's record. The Warren Commission is a pack of lies. The Iran-Contra hearings were a pack of lies and coverups. The 9/11 Commission was lied to by everyone, particularly the CIA and FBI. Osama bin Laden died at Tora Bora on December 13, 2001 and was buried by 30 of his followers, 6 of whom still survive and can testify to his death. All bin Laden tapes issued since that time are the fabricated work of the Mossad. The FBI doesn't list bin Laden as a suspect in the 9/11 attacks. NW Flight 253 underwear bomber Abdulmutallab has connections to the CIA and Mossad, and the bin Laden tapes claiming Al Qaeda's connection to Abdulmutallab are another Mossad fabrication.

The simple fact is he prints absolute garbage and represents it as factual. Consider the source when you print this stuff and represent it as factual.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Who in their right mind actually believes that one of our intelligence agencies actually needs physical access[i/] to a telephone in order to tap it? For chrissakes, hackers can remotely tap my cell phone without even knowing where I am, physically. Sneaking into an office to cross wires and re-route circuits? Maybe on an episode of Hogan's Heroes..............

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Pyros]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Pyros]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

You did not address Dai at all. He's the one who is said to be intelligence operative of some type. It's not O'Keffe or the other three.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
These kids are about as black bag as Yogi Bear.

Here's Duff's record. The Warren Commission is a pack of lies. The Iran-Contra hearings were a pack of lies and coverups. The 9/11 Commission was lied to by everyone, particularly the CIA and FBI. Osama bin Laden died at Tora Bora on December 13, 2001 and was buried by 30 of his followers, 6 of whom still survive and can testify to his death. All bin Laden tapes issued since that time are the fabricated work of the Mossad. The FBI doesn't list bin Laden as a suspect in the 9/11 attacks. NW Flight 253 underwear bomber Abdulmutallab has connections to the CIA and Mossad, and the bin Laden tapes claiming Al Qaeda's connection to Abdulmutallab are another Mossad fabrication.

Couple of points...first off, that list of crazy talk ain't all that crazy...especially that FBI/Bin Laden thang. I cite from the wbsite:

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world. www.fbi.gov...

In the scheme of things...911 is a little more than an incidental suspicion.

Secondly...all is forgiven for that Yogi Bear crack...a star for you, me old son!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone. But, if the CIA is working through guys like O'Keefe, it is both corrupt and incompetent. How many gazillion times has the CIA or other ops tapped phones and no one ever hears about it? I am not buying that this was an op gone wrong. If this was a set-up to nail O'Keefe and his buddies, well then, too bad for him. What he did was clearly illegal and wrong. He should be punished.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Im so glad you said that, thats precisely my thoughts!!!

For every powerful, secretive group theres a fall-boy to take their whipping.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Alex Jones said in that video that this country was run by "Off Shore" Banks. What a joke. He is full of half truths, he can't go after the 'big ones' so he doesnt... so why even listen to him. There is a hidden agenda.

As far as CIA getting caught by the police. What a friggin joke. Let me repeat that, what a friggin joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join