It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota Brakes Faulty (People Dying)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Toyota break pedals are faulty and Toyota is recalling almost 9 million vehicles.

Gas pedals stick.

Watch the video and listen to a 4 member family die in a Lexus out of control doing 120 Miles Per Hour.

19 known deaths so far.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dude, where have you been?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't see where people died of this.

In the end it's just another machine..

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Update:

Gas Pedal Fix

Guess they had a breakdown in their world of Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) ... it will be all better, soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Not sure why this is survival info.

I would also like to know why these ppl are smart enough to be edjumacated enough to make good enough money to own these cars and not be smart enough to just TURN THE KEY OFF!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Toyota has alot of problems and I see alot of lawyers in line to sue their buts off.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

If you turn the key, switching the engine off then you also lose electrical systems and power steering. I think you would also lock the steering wheel too if you turned the wheel ten degrees to the left or right - at least that is what would happen if I did that in my VW.

At high speed that will be a fatal action.

I read several years ago of a young man while trying to impress his friends turned his engine off while travelling at high speed down a hill and the end result was the car locked up and I believe most of them died.

The correct action as mentioned in the video is to push the gear into neutral and then carefully manoeuvre the vehicle to the side of the road, using the brakes to halt the vehicle.

Once done get out, vomit by the side of the road and optionally beat the body work while venting highly colourful expletives and then wait for the emergency services to arrive.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Have you heard the audio of one of Toyota's "victims" who had the wherewithal to call the police once his car began speeding out of control?

He called the police, but for some reason was unable to save his own life by shifting to neutral, or turning off the car.

Granted, $30k cars shouldn't have an issue like this. They shouldn't have any issues, and Toyota should be held responsible for any damages. However, a lot of these "incidents" are Natural Selection at work.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is absolutely a survival topic.

Why didn't they take the car out of gear?!!

Natural selection is right.

I got my gas pedal stuck down on the edge of the floor mat in an old '93 truck. It had a manual transmission so I jerked it out of gear really fast. Then in a split second I realized it was the floor mat and jiggled it around with my heel. Scared me quite a bit and rev'd the engine like crazy but for a brief amount of time.

I really wonder why these people didn't think to take the car out of gear. They were probably driving automatics, were lulled into some abstract sense of how a car functions, and didn't have a solid connection in their mind about what makes a car go forward. I guess they were on autopilot sort of.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

top topics

join