It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of 3rd World Countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We, in the first world countries, are evolving very slowly. We have medicine, we have doctors, we have modern science. This slows down our evolution. We can live through what kills people in second and third world countries.

In third world countries, evolution is proceeding as normal. People are dying, natural selection is taking place. Evolution may even be faster for them because of the viruses that human over population has caused. They are the ones that inherit our diseases, the little nasties that we breed.

They are evolving as planned, we are not. If they evolve beyond us, there will be two breeds (or more) of humanity, almost like the Neanderthals. The two breeds may live together, or one may die out.

I am confident with this theory. Evolution applied to 3rd world countries makes you realize who is evolving faster, and who isn't.

I have no math, no smart words to back this theory up, just reasoning, and my basic understanding of evolution.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Evolution is always happening.

Case in point, my people - Indians, Native Americans, whatever you wanna call us - took a different evolutionary path with our immune system than Europeans.

Europeans tended to live in crowded areas, and in close proximity with domesticated animals. This meant that animal diseases (such as influenza and various kinds of -pox) readily made the jump to become human diseases, and were then spread around the close-packed population centers. As a result, European immune systems developed towards attacking viruses and bacteria. People of European ancestry produce lots of Lymphocyte cells.

On the other hand, those of us in the Western Hemisphere didn't tend to live in large population centers, and had nearly no domesticated animals, none of which were kept in large herds / flocks, and which had relatively light human contact. As a result, few diseases jumped from animal to man, and those that may have didn't spread far. The Indian immune system thus focused on more "natural" (so to say) threats such as parasites and fungi. We produce larger amounts of eosinophils than Europeans.

This is a factor in why Native Americans suffered so badly from European diseases - and why Europeans get their blocks knocked off by parasitic diseases such as malaria and trypanosomiasis.

Those of us in first world countries are adapting to first-world conditions. We have generally weaker immune systems (why should our bodies waste energy on the immune system when we can medicate?) our bodies tend to be more gracile, our pinky fingers are lest robust, and - here's an interesting one - we are much more resistant to the effects inbreeding, due to the gigantic mixing of our gene pools in urban environments.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't think evolution has anything to do with it. Third world countries are in too much debt and mainly have corrupt Governments, so by the time that they have the money and resources to expand technologically, we, in the first world, will be long gone, probably sitting on Mars sipping martini's. Evolution takes time, and how much time will it take for the third world to catch the first? Too long.

join