It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Recruiting Radicals in High Schools[

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Alright, but I have several other big questions that I was hoping you would clarify. If you don't want to, the question in a nutshell is this:

In high school papers were based around for students who were interested in volunteering for community service, as well as Young Republicans and Young Democrats. Community organizing is simply a fancy name for community service, and revolves around the concept of the community working together to help those who are less fortunate.

How is this concept wrong, or evil?
How is this indoctrination if it is voluntary?
Should we not give high schoolers the opportunity to help out the community?
Are Young Republicans or Young Democrats indoctrination tools or simply an outlet for high schoolers to meet others who hold opinions similar to theirs?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Nothing wrong with Young Republicans or Democrats. Those organizations traditionally instruct youth about the process and our system. However, in this particular case, no alternatives were offered to the class by the teacher.

Furthermore, based on the info from the OFA site, their agenda goes way beyond the simple act of community service. There is barely even a mention of basic community service in their mission statement. If you can find it please let me know. The emphasis appears to be on clean energy, education and affordable healthcare.

They want these kids to spread an AGENDA message rather than to help the elderly paint their front porches.

Organizing for America, the successor organization to Obama for America, is building on the movement that elected President Obama by empowering communities across the country to bring about our agenda of change.

In 2008, millions of Americans got involved in the political process — many for the first time — to fight for a new kind of politics and a better future for our country. Those voices enabled a new beginning — a chance to pursue the real world change our country needs. Now it's time for our movement to rise again, stand with President Obama, and make that promise a reality.

There are many ways to get involved:

* Joining grassroots OFA campaigns to support the President's agenda. Online, on the phone, on doorsteps and in town halls in communities across the country, we're building the bottom-up support that makes real change possible.
* Spreading the word to friends and neighbors about the President's approach on the big issues facing our nation, like health care, energy and education. Nothing is more powerful than your voice in your community.
* Serving our community in ways big and small. Rebuilding America starts today.
* Connecting with other supporters to form strong local groups, ready to take on whatever challenges we face.
* Supporting leaders who share our values and are ready to carry forward the fight for change .

Our task is enormous. To succeed, we'll need all Americans, no matter how they may have voted, to join us in the work ahead. If we set aside the old politics that have kept us apart, there's no limit to what we can achieve.

Together, we can create a sustainable and independent clean energy economy. We can provide all American children the first rate education they deserve. And we can finally guarantee high-quality, affordable health care to every American man, woman and child.

Last November, the American people sent Washington a clear mandate for change. But when the polls close, the true work of citizenship begins. That's what Organizing for America is all about. Now, in this crucial time, our voice once again has extraordinary power. Let's use it.

www.barackobama.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is unnerving to me.Catch them young and train them for what eactly?
Maybe this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Nothing wrong with Young Republicans or Democrats. Those organizations traditionally instruct youth about the process and our system. However, in this particular case, no alternatives were offered to the class by the teacher.

How do you know? Furthermore, if my memory serves me correctly, quite often the sign up papers were passed around at different points in the year.

Furthermore, based on the info from the OFA site, their agenda goes way beyond the simple act of community service. There is barely even a mention of basic community service in their mission statement. If you can find it please let me know. The emphasis appears to be on clean energy, education and affordable healthcare.

I'm pretty sure the line

* Serving our community in ways big and small. Rebuilding America starts today.

refers to community service. Obama's "agenda" (agenda doesn't always denote something negative) includes getting people more active in "community organizing", which is another term for community service.

I still fail to see how this is indoctrination if it is voluntary. I went to a Catholic grade school, where community service was mandatory my senior year.
The Communist horrors!

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

More from the website under the Volunteer tab

Through Organizing for America, Americans across the country will continue to organize in their communities and stand with President Obama to bring about a new era of security and prosperity.

The challenges we face can’t be solved by one person alone. We need you to get involved.

These are the choices presented under volunteering.

I would like to:
Call or canvass neighbors:
Host a house meeting or event:
Attend an event:

my.barackobama.com...
Maybe its just me, but I don't see any emphasis on raking a neighbors leaves or reading to hospice patients.

Not to be rude, but I think that you may be confusing this program with Obama's other volunteer program. www.serve.gov...
[edit on 2-2-2010 by jibeho]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

You seriously see a similarity in those?

wow...

That is really reaching

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

DANGER DANGER DANGER.
Wake up my dear friends. Be aware.
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
--George Santayana

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

And what is the point of all this propaganda and community organizing? To elect more Democrats, of course. This internship program is geared towards the 2010 elections, using our kids as the Democrats’ goons. The internship form begins with a nakedly partisan and propagandistic appeal:

“Organizing for America, the successor organization to Obama for America, is building on the movement that elected President Obama by empowering students across the country to help us bring about our agenda of change. OFA is launching a national internship program connecting students all over the country with our organization on the ground – working to make the change we fought so hard for in 2008 a reality in 2010 and beyond.”

Can you imagine if the Republicans attempted such a stunt? Obama is using the public school system to help ensure Democratic victories in 2010, 2012, and thereafter.

This is incredible. And evil. And it is no accident. Obama is poisoning our public school system. He acts as if it’s his own private recruiting farm. This isn’t the first time, either. In September 2009, all public school students were forced to listen to his creepy speech about working hard in school. During the campaign the Obama camp had “Kids for Obama Parades.” And public school teachers more than once were caught indoctrinating children into the Obama cult. Remember the uniformed children chanting about how Obama had motivated them to succeed? P.J. Gladnick wrote about that video at Newsbusters in October 2008 that it was “reminiscent of North Korean kids chanting out their praises for the ‘Dear Leader.’” And don’t forget those many videos of public school kids singing brainwashed tunes of Obama praise.

biggovernment.com...

This is a clear example of propaganda and recruitment for a specific agenda, OBAMA's!

These are handed out by NEA union teachers, the largest union supporters of Obama and the recipients of billions of dollars of stimulus benefits and Education Department funding.

The only way not to see this is to refuse to.

The entire application and curriculum, complete with the modified "Obama seal" emblem, are on the author's blog.
Link

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 26-2-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

In high school papers were based around for students who were interested in volunteering for community service, as well as Young Republicans and Young Democrats. Community organizing is simply a fancy name for community service, and revolves around the concept of the community working together to help those who are less fortunate.

How is this concept wrong, or evil?
How is this indoctrination if it is voluntary?
Should we not give high schoolers the opportunity to help out the community?

The OFA program is not about "community service." It is clearly set on furthering the former MyBarackObama.com, now Organizing for America, "AGENDA for change." They are one and the same.

It is clearly set for development of political organizers, using the writings of such as Saul Alinsky, Barack Obama, and articles such as "Obasma Field Organizers Plot a Miracle".

Read the curriculum, and you will see that Obama's agenda, and NOT "helping those less fortunate" is the recurring theme of the OFA program.

You cannot find a single reference in the Internship Program that specifically addresses service to the needy. Unless you consider Democrat/Progressive/Liberal politicians to be "needy" or "less fortunate."

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 26-2-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If this is truly a "voluntary" program, then it should be issued to the students under the discretion of individual schools. I for one will be contacting my local High School to see if there is talk of having this circulated to their students. I will also be making those in my community aware of this agenda. This is not something I want to see happening in my community.
I am sure there are many folks who know nothing about this. The first they will learn of it when their sons and daughters tell them they filled it out at school, as I did not see a parent signature slot on the form, unless it was left out of the online format.

Change will only happen if those who oppose allow it to happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by recycled

I really see no reason for public school participation of any sort in organization for ANY political agenda. That is not their business, and the potential for conflict of interest is tremendous.

If your employer, Mr. Teacher, hands you a stack of forms for an organization that FUNDS his office, would you feel free to say no?

Or Ms. Principal? Or Members of the School Board?

And, is there any doubt about who "is continuing the Agenda for Change?" Or whose agenda it is?

And what of the student or family who tells that teacher, or principal or school board, "No thank you?"

Don't you think they may feel somewhat obligated to do what is implicitly (or ominously) expected?

jw

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

My favorite quote from the article (which you conveniently excluded from your opening post):

And what will these “interns” be force-fed? The mother’s milk of the left — anti-war agitation, anti-capitalism, Marx, Lenin, Ayers, LGBT agenda promotion, global warming, pro-jihad, and illegal immigration. For starters. Maybe “Ellie Light,” who has in the last few weeks published the same Letter to the Editor supporting and defending Obama in over a dozen newspapers across the country, can give lessons in astroturfing.

There is absolutely no evidence that any of this will be "force-fed" to the interns. But, of course, if somebody writes it on the internet, it must be true. Right?

You see no evidence only because you chose not to look.
You have not read the 10 pages of the curriculum, have you?

Here's just the introduction to the NINE-WEEK PROGRAM:

Organizing for America, the successor organization to Obama for America, is building on the movement that elected President Obama by empowering students across the country to bring about our agenda of change.

OFA is launching a national internship program connecting students all over the country with our organization on the ground-working to make the Change we fought so hard for in 2008 a reality in 2010 and beyond.

The "suggested reading" lists? The articles and sources of "additional guidance?"

* Rules for Radicals, Saul Alinsky
* The New Organizers, Zack Exley
* Stir It Up: Lessons from Community Organizing and Advocacy, Rinku Sen
* Obama Field Organizers Plot a Miracle, Zack Exley, Huffington Post
* Dreams of My Father Chicago Chapters, Barack Hussein Obama

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com... l]Atlas exclusive: Obama Organizing for Communism and Youth Corps in Schools

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 27-2-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I see no room in the public school for political agenda advancement either, however by believing I am to small to effect change is the same collective concept that allowed the system to grow so large in the first place.

Now don't get me wrong. I am not so naive as to think there is not a force behind the current political machine that has had corrupt blood running through it's veins for nearly a century. The public schools have long since become a platform for which TPTB have propagated their agenda in America. There are however few school districts who don't speak the language of money. If enough parents spoke out with intent to send their children to another school if their policy was to allow this program into their school you can bet your backside they would start to change their tune.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ja wir konnen!

I think that's how the Hitler Youth said it. Is there any limit to the crimes this man has perpetrated on America?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join