It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US missile test mimicking Iran strike fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

US missile test mimicking Iran strike fails

www.reuters.com

* Radar system malfunctioned in test over Pacific

* Pentagon report shows growing Iran missile capability

(Updates with Pentagon report on Iran missile threat)

By Jim Wolf

WASHINGTON, Feb 1 (Reuters) - A U.S. attempt to shoot down a ballistic missile mimicking an attack from Iran failed after a malfunction in a radar built by Raytheon Co (RTN.N), the Defense Department said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This doesn't seem too good, especially with the United States bolstering their forces in the Persian Gulf. Maybe, not so much because of a possible attack from Iran; unless they have some missiles that can reach the United States that I'm not aware of. Perhaps more though, because, since the attack happened in the Pacific, North Korea may decide to do something silly such as shoot a missile toward Hawai'i, which I remember reading once that they're capable of doing.

Conspiratorially speaking, with the start of the Olympics approaching, I hope that this isn't going to be the start of a chain of events that will lead to a false flag of some sort on the United States, just like what happened between Russia and Georgia back in 2008. (Olympics aside, any false flag at all!)

Hopefully (probably) this will just amount to nothing. To me, it is just a little disturbing that something like this would happen with the United States flexing it's proverbial muscle.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: The reason the test failed is because the radar didn't work right. One would think that of all things, they would know for sure that the radar was working properly!

[edit on 2/1/2010 by octotom]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Someone beat me out of the gate. Here is the first thread that this should be discussed on:

Link

join