It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Involuntary Spontaneous Human Invisibility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It is actually called Spontaneous Invisibility to be more accurate.
Yes, it is true that certain medicine people have this ability at will. Usually, it is used when they are in deep prayer and do not wish to be disturbed at a Sacred place or when they are in a situation which poses a danger to them.
Today many Sacred sites have now become open to the public so medicine people who go there for prayer have a reason to use this. I have seen this personally and I have done this.
The gift is usually noticed when it happens spontaneously after which the person is taken and trained in how to use the gift.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog

the dalai LLama have been renowned for doing this while in deep meditation.

I thought I'd read just about every available piece on the dhali llama. I've never once heard of this before...
What's your information source or did you just name him to support your idea?

I'm not saying you're wrong... I'd just like to know where you got this information from.
Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

I agree that it seems the poster may have been suggesting a formal title in error, in fact s/he may have intended to suggest that certain yogic practitioners have achieved such states through meditation.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that this thread has been thoroughly ignored by the nay-saying trollish folk of ATS. It's always nice to be able to have an honest, open conversation about something as weirdly esoteric as spontaneous invisibility!

I believe this phenomenon exists. There appear to be varying degrees to which a person can make themselves invisible. Ninjas for example blend into the background... They seem to require some level of visibility - as a means of exerting control over an enemy or others within the environment who may otherwise get in the way. It's a psychological tactic imho.

Others are literally able to completely control the visible manifestation of their presence, to the point that they can appear, disappear or bilocate at will. That's the serious shizzle... I'm thinking of the Autobiography of a Yogi, wherein the author describes the various actions of yogic practitioners in India around the turn of the last century. The New Testament describes that Jesus had such abilities - to vanish (despite the focus of a multitude being upon him); to appear in two locations at once (the text isn't explicit about this one); to appear in the guise of another after the resurrection - hiding himself in plain sight... I believe he also 'teleported' himself at one point; something to do with avoiding being thrown off a cliff?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I had never heard of this until I caught this thread. It is actually a very interesting thought, being Invisible. The doors that open to you and the access to 'personal' information is actually quite a scary thought for those who aren't invisible.
As a child, I always thought that this would be the ultimate 'superpower' to have...!
I get the impression that most of the examples of this are when people enter a trans-like state induced by prayer, or 'lost in the moment' situations.

The ability to do this at will must surely have been explored by TPTB and reminds me of the film 'men who stare at goats', maybe they have researched this ?

I found this related article that talks about specific cases of this phenomenon
which are intriguing....

paranormal.about.com...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I read about something similar to this when I was year 8 of highschool. I decided to try it out. Apparently, by "believing" that you were invisible, you could be.

To test this idea, I decided to try it out in the class where we had a teacher who would get quite vocal if we played up - maths class.

I simply stood up, and repeated in my head, "i am invisible, i can't be seen, noone can see me". I walked around the class room, repeating this in my head, even walked in front of the teacher a number of times, and noone mentioned anything at all. Not even after class. I remember saying to a friend something along the lines of, "haha, I can't believe I didn't get yelled up for walking around _insert teacher's name_ during class". My friend was like, what are you talking about? I didn't see you do anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

SerialLurker

Firstly - How tall were you then ??

Your point makes me want to try an experiment, so I will try later on and do the same...!! I'm intrigued by this..?

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Haha, not much taller than I am now unfortunately! I was about 5'0 then.

I'll be interested to read the results of your experiment

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwarrior
It is actually called Spontaneous Invisibility to be more accurate.
Yes, it is true that certain medicine people have this ability at will. Usually, it is used when they are in deep prayer and do not wish to be disturbed at a Sacred place or when they are in a situation which poses a danger to them.
Today many Sacred sites have now become open to the public so medicine people who go there for prayer have a reason to use this. I have seen this personally and I have done this.
The gift is usually noticed when it happens spontaneously after which the person is taken and trained in how to use the gift.

Very interesting. Back in Sedona, I was working at a jewelry store for some time. I was the only sales person in there, and it was tourist season, so it was hard to sneak in a cigarette break since I had to be in the store when people went in. What I finally did was sit outside the store and visualize a gray fog over the entrance that would make the store virtually invisible to people walking by, so I could finish my cigarette undisturbed. It worked -- even though there were droves of people on the street, walking into all the stores, my store was completely ignored... until I was done with my break and "lifted" the fog. Granted, not a very sacred use of the "gift," but it seemed all right at the time.

I also had a friend who swore that he was involuntarily invisible sometimes. One story he told me was that he walked into a bar in Phoenix and sat next to a woman at the bar. It wasn't crowded, so she should have noticed him, but he sat there for half an hour and she ignored him totally, like he wasn't there. Finally he decided to tip her on the shoulder and say hello. She almost fell off the stool, he said, and screamed bloody murder. She said that a moment ago, no one had been sitting there.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I went on an aleister crowley walk around central London one afternoon. They took us throught the Cafe De Paris and told us a story.
Apparently every now and again when everyone was out clubbing at the cafe de paris (soho) occasionally a man dressed in a wizards robes and hat would creep in to the cafe de paris and then creep out the other exit.

Someone asked who that strange man was and was given the reply, oh that's just aleister crowley being invisible.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
in school i used to have day that i swear people couldnt see me...

like i would talk and they wouldn't notice me
i could take peoples stuff right in front of them and they wouldnt even notice....

it was really eird

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join