It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bows to Tampa Mayor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Just the first thing that came to mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

When you bow to someone it's also referred to as kissing ass, something Obamas been doing alot of lately.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Obama is so racist. The mayor may be of Asian descent but I bet if you ask her she is American. I thought we were supposed to be "color blind" and race did not matter????
Someone needs to remind Obama that America is a melting pot and we are all one color.
What a moron.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

“By virtue of the authority vested in me as mayor of the city of Tampa, I do hereby proclaim November 15, 2008, as ‘Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) Day’ in the city of Tampa, Florida.”

It couldn't have anything to do with this,could it?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by centurion1211
Well, the article says obama bows to Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio. The name sounds japanese, and in the picture she also looks to be asian ...

Italian actually:

Her father John Iorio, an Italian immigrant and a professor at the University of South Florida, died on February 7, 2007 after a battle with cancer.

en.wikipedia.org...

And her ancestry on her mother's side is ...

not specified in your wiki reference, or anywhere else I can find.

So there is a possibility that she is part asian.

The other possibility is that obama also THOUGHT she looked asian and did his bow. Which would mean that if we are "bad" for thinking she's asian, so is obama. There you have it, either way obama comes off looking like the fool - once again.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I can't believe this is news of ANY kind!

What does she have to say about it?

Iorio explained the gesture as Obama leaning in to listen as she welcomed him to Tampa and thanked him for high-speed rail funds, followed by a dip of his head in acknowledgement.

"The president is a very gracious person, and that is really what it's all about. The picture, for some reason, has gone across the Internet somehow in a disparaging way to the president, which I do not understand," Iorio told the Times.

Source

I don't understand it either, Mayor Iorio... :shk: People have too much time on their hands and hatred in their hearts. I wonder what outrageous signs of respect he'll be caught doing next!

I don't think she's Asian or would be mistaken for being Asian.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Iorio explained the gesture as Obama leaning in to listen as she welcomed him to Tampa and thanked him for high-speed rail funds, followed by a dip of his head in acknowledgement.

well she is full of it!Look at that picture and tell me that's what you see.

I have three theories

1 she actually paid for his college education

2 She is a Muslim man

3 She is 1/2 Asian and he is a bigoted idiot

Don't they have some one at the white house for protocol?
This guy bows more than a Chinese waiter.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Nice spin attempt by the mayor and now BH.

It could be what she said, except that she's not talking, so he can't be "leaning in to try and hear".

No, he's bowing to her because either she is actually asian, or she looks asian to obama and for whatever (foolish) reason, that's what obama thinks he has to do when greeting an asian person.

Obama needs to have one of his handlers go in front of him and ask any asian waiting to greet obama how much U.S. debt they are holding so he'll know when to bow and how low.

[edit on 2/2/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It looks like she's a dominatrix and he's her subservient.You would think after giving her 8 billion for a rail job it would be the other way around.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Obama needs to have one of his handlers go in front of him and ask any asian waiting to greet obama how much U.S. debt they are holding so he'll know when to bow and how low.

Now that's funny

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join