It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Scott Brown not Certified and seated..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is one for the record books. While important votes are being made in the Senate, Senator elect Scott Brown is still not seated and Massachusetts has still refused to certify him. Three questions.

1. Does this make you mad enough to influence the way you will vote in November?

2. Are what the democrats doing with Scott Brown wrong, illegal, or just plain immoral to say the least ?

3. What should be done about it ?

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here's your answer:

The exact timing of his swearing-in is still up in the air.

While Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin sent a letter to the Senate clerk Wednesday declaring Brown the unofficial winner of the seat, senators had to decide whether they were going to waive a waiting period for absentee ballot arrivals.

Brown said there's no indication that anyone wants to hold it up.

"I'm presuming sometime early to mid next week it will happen," he told reporters.

No conspiracy. Just beauracracy.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
this is something i would like to know, if it was a democrat, he would have been sworn in days ago

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoothCriminal22

What the Senate is doing is following the law regarding certification of elections. And as for it happening to a Republican, remember that just last year the Senate initially said it would not seat Roland Burris, a Democrat, as the junior Senator from Illinois appointed to replace President Obama by Gov. Blagovitch. It then took them a bit over 2 weeks to clear up his credentials problem and seat Burris. It's the same with Brown - as another poster summarized - it's just that the necessary paperwork needs to be finalized.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
They are going to swear him in on Thursday.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would suspect the Massachusetts political machinery is still in shock; after all, the Kennedy legacy was a forgone conclusion in their mind.

A few of them might still be undergoing post traumatic stress therapy on this count.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Brown had sought a quicker seating in Washington – his supporters repeatedly chanted “Seat him now!” during his victory rally Tuesday night – noting that Congresswoman Niki Tsongas was seated in the U.S. House prior to the official certification of her election.

www.aclj.org...

Galvin bypassed the provision in 2007 so his fellow Democrats could gain a House vote they needed to override a veto of then-Republican President George W. Bush, but the secretary says U.S. Senate rules would preclude a similar rush today.

news.yahoo.com...

How did Niki get seated so fast?

Magic I guess.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

How did Niki get seated so fast?

Magic I guess.

He knows the secret handshake

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well at least Conservatives can be happy to know that he supported Romney care...or the fact that he is pro-choice....although he doesn't want the government to fund them...but it's ok if PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANIES DO IT.

Hip hop hurray.

new topics

top topics

join