It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABORT! Obama's Budget Ends Mission To Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Once again Mr Barak "insane" Obama thank you for Nothing. go ahead, continue to stop the nations advancement, please

this put me over the edge, NASA has been planning to build a new Shuttle to go to the moon and Obama put the brakes on that one

heres the article for you

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Houston we have a problem!There's a Moron at the wheel.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread is already posted...

incidently, what do you object to? that the government is scrapping a incredibly large bill with little/no value?

get real, if it went the opposite way and said it will not be scrapped, you would have opened with "Obama decides to launch our money into space for nothing"

your Obamadness has now clouded your sense of reason. might want to simply not post stuff for a few more years (7...give or take)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ironic reply considering your moniker.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The government has to start making cuts someplace. Space exploration is one of those very expensive items that has little impact on most Americans lives. Yes, I now about tang and teflon.

Of course, they can always use the same sound stage they used for the first moon trip to save money.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
well if they cut space exploration, then what happens if we have to find somewhere else to live other than earth because we ruin it, and we haven't been exploring space, we are royally screwed in that instance

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Ironic reply considering your moniker.

I am very much into astronomy, I live on the space coast, and initially was driving at being an astronaut.

I am still all of the above (astronaut is unlikely), but I see NASA as a fund wasting slowdown of space exploration/exploitation. This needs to go commercial. Russia is now taking passengers to make ends meet...NASA wants us to believe space is its domain only. I want this giant wrench to be fished out of the machine of exploration...

But then again, I firmly believe NASA supresses antigrav technology...and any agency that supresses progress for whatever purpose is an agency I oppose.

As capitalists, I am suprised you dont hail this as a good move...it opens up companys to open up space...and more chances of common people eventually being able to take a ride/weekend getaway in a station, etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I see no intelligent reason to spend a dime going to the moon when we have enough problems currently on earth. The country has no business in space or in helping other countries until we dig ourselves out of our own current crisis.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
well if they cut space exploration, then what happens if we have to find somewhere else to live other than earth because we ruin it, and we haven't been exploring space, we are royally screwed in that instance

If we as a species ruin earth before we find somewhere else to live, we deserve our fate. Its what us crazy liberals have been screaming about for about 20 years now..

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What is with this guy and going back on all he promised? I really feel that he is purposply trying to piss off every group/person in the world except the Devil.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

true, then we can all just watch the world burn

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Worst president ever.

And I hate him.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
woah thats a big statement, i dont think hes the " worst president ever" he just needs to keep some promises that he has made

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How about any promises. What's he done that's positive? Who's a worse President? Who has done more to destroy the country and devalue the dollar?

I'm not here to talk polotics, I'm here to talk about space, but this makes me so mad that I'm on the verge of letting loose with some serious rants.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
How about any promises. What's he done that's positive? Who's a worse President? Who has done more to destroy the country and devalue the dollar?

I'm not here to talk polotics, I'm here to talk about space, but this makes me so mad that I'm on the verge of letting loose with some serious rants.

i can tell you that bush 1 was pretty bad

top topics

join