It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to DNA, You're Half-Human, Half-Virus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Flus aren't the only virus for vaccination.

Measles, Chicken Pox, Mumps, etc.

All can be encountered in the wild. And it is possible depending on your age group and the vaccine that you may encounter a person who is shedding the vacciantion virus.

And that the vaccinations gene snippets are capable of being mixed with wild viruses.

I would actually suspect that the viruses that contain the most common and important messages are not flu viruses at all. Those contain cross species information.

I suspect, that it is the pox and herpes and herpes variations viruses that contain the most important herd information.

Originally posted by Ecidemon

Originally posted by Aeons
If I am correct, I would suspect that I am at least on the right track, vaccines are a form of herd management.

Not just of sickness, but of how we are changing.0

Where peoples' DNA whom accept vaccines are all "hearing" the same story about survival. Those pieces eventually teach our genes and RNA by speaking to it in their language. We are therefore changing at a similar pace in a similar modality with exactly the same message transmitted over the entire herd.

And we still get the same "wild" message when we encounter the mutating versions.

What about me, who's never had a vaccine or flu shot, etc? I've never even had the flu so far as I can remember back...

[edit on 2010/2/2 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EndOfTheWorld7

You cannot see it, but I am making a very rude gesture and contemplating the non-human composition of your ancestry.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

I'll look into that link. Thanks.

I'll compose my thoughts a bit less randomly and get back to you about the rest!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Do we not share DNA with ALL life on earth? I heard somewhere that we have 95% the same DNA as pigs and 64% the same as Bananas! Doesn’t mean that we are Bananas.

Yeah, I don't get all the fuss either.
All it proves is to live/exist on Earth, no matter what species you are, there are common basic survival genes that you have to have.
Whether you're a banana, monkey, human etc.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I think the point is that virus like dna may explain more about our unique adaptability than the connections between ourselves and other species on this planet. I think its a valid point.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Kudos on this point TrueBrit. I agree. The point is how it affects our adaptation to our environment - given the current fascination with viruses in our culture this data should makes waves (not that it will. Probably 1-2 years for percolation of this abstruse data into mainstream methinks - if the apocalypse hasnt happened by then
) I think you also made the point earlier about some kind of cross-species viral interaction. (If I m wrong about that being your point please forgive me). This is an important point that you have made. I have a recollection of reading about DNA being sort of "free" in the environment and taken up by various biological organisms ("us?")in a biological cross interaction of some sort. I wish I could remember more about this.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by liquidself]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
Some people posted here saying humans use up resources and over produce everything and waste, lets not get carried away here.

I think you are refering to a certain race of people know as "whites" doing this because based on my historical research, the first race of people to put the planet in the hell hole with over production over greed of money are "whites".

Before the slave trade the Natives and Hispanics of North and South America and the rest of the world never over produced, they only took what was needed. The Natives and Blacks thought it was incredibly strange how Whites were over producing and farming everything possible, they never seen anything like it, also theft was unknown to them.

Just wanted to clear that up, don't want to lump the whole human race into the retardedness of one group of people, let them take the credit most of us wanted nothing to do with that.

Hope that doesn't offend anyone but facts are facts.

racist much? i think you mean CULTURE,not race. race has a minor influence compared to culture. the culture of the time you on about was empire building and that needs allot of resources now the culture is different.for example who started almost all the conservation charitys?whites did. who breeds 4-10 kids per couple? its not whites. who is currently destroying there environment at the most shocking rates? India and china

and for the people who think we ARE a virus. how many virus know they are not going to last long if hay keep going? i think none. we can see we`ve f**ked up and some have remorse and are starting to try repair the damage but theres just not enough people feeling it to really do any thing yet. when things get bad enough most people will be on side trying to stop the current madness of destroying every resource to just get money. whether this is before most die from it or not is upto the populous. a virus will just keep going regardless, we won`t
because we are aware

and for the people talking about how genetic info is spread by virus keep going its a good read and all new to me

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
Some people posted here saying humans use up resources and over produce everything and waste, lets not get carried away here.

I think you are refering to a certain race of people know as "whites" doing this because based on my historical research, the first race of people to put the planet in the hell hole with over production over greed of money are "whites".

Before the slave trade the Natives and Hispanics of North and South America and the rest of the world never over produced, they only took what was needed. The Natives and Blacks thought it was incredibly strange how Whites were over producing and farming everything possible, they never seen anything like it, also theft was unknown to them.

Just wanted to clear that up, don't want to lump the whole human race into the retardedness of one group of people, let them take the credit most of us wanted nothing to do with that.

Hope that doesn't offend anyone but facts are facts.

Throw your stones you self-proclaimed Biblical Scholar.

From where did all people come, according to the Bible?

According to the Bible, why is the planet cursed?

Who is the lord of the earth?

Who is without sin?

Viruses are. They know not what they do.

You seem to be knowledgable, though.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is a great post ! To bad I missed it. S & F

It's also fun to bump interesting threads

Highly speculative is my thing.

So before I post my uneducated opinion which has not been violated with any respectable expert teachings on this matter. Oh... sorry there is 1 sort of...

I don't think this is a big surprise. Life as we know started out as beings which simply cloned themselves. Just like bacteria still do today.

There came a point this process became more complex where at first there were hermaphrodite species ( both male and female ) and after that a distinct difference between the sexes was the way to go. ( just a simplified story )

Now life does not do stuff for nothing. Life was under attack. and in this case viruses were the attackers. Life made it impossible for viruses to kill of an entire population in a single blow. By splitting up the reproducement system ensuring different genes will mix and so cause little differences from one individual to another.
A virus would still kill but with a little luck there always were survivors because of a genetic difference which proved to be to big of an obstacle for the virus.
But a virus is mutating to adjust to those differences. Speeding up the process of change.

So every time a person survived a virus they share a little DNA and pass it through to their offspring. Do to the still ongoing arms battle. It's not even strange we have merged as a species.

So I think a virus is responsible for the fact we are of different sexes and it's one major league player in evolution. As it's a driving force even when it looks like nothing is really happening. There is still a cold war going on inside your body from time to time.

Without the virus we would not be standing here today.
No wonder the matrix scene from smith sounds so bloody familiar.

We are not the only species that behave in such a manner tho.
Every living creature on this Earth will when left without predators. Spread and reproduce to a point they destroy their habitats resources until their is nothing left for them to use. They will end up starving to death.

So here is the solution for population control.
Stop trying to save everybody and reintroduce our natural predators back in our life's.

Nice thought provoking thread Thank you OP

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join