It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members in a band/musical group?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi all, i was just curious to see how many of my fellow ATS/BTS members lpay music in a band, or an archestra or sing in a group. If so let me know what style and what kind of gigs you usually get and band name as well.

Me? I used to play in a punk band called 'Outside Chance'. We werent too bad but we didnt take ourselves seriously enough to make it anywhere. We played a gig or two each week in the local scene and ended up breaking up a week before we started recorded our E.P... but hey thats the way the world turns...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I sing and play guitar in a band at the moment called 'Deadlines.' We've only done a few gigs but things have gone pretty well too far. Unfortunately we have also discovered that a band called 'Deadlines' recently existed in the US, so a name change will be needed soon methinks. :shk:

Also, our bassist happens to be leaving to return to university soon and he's been a real driving and creative force behind us in terms of lyrics and arrangement, so I don't know what will happen with that. But it's been a good learning experience to be with some more experienced players for someone my age

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This kinda thread has been done lready

www.belowtopsecret.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

since i'm such a nice guy i'll leave this thread open

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
drunk, you're too generous...anyhoo, i'm a part of a band called "2366," for those that have seen south park with the stomper, you'll know what's up...we've had so many names...but we played a show last evening, with three songs going strong. my own personal projects are equated to rapping . slightly .

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In a far past I played e-piano/synth/organ in some groups (jazzrock, funk)...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
kinda. but nobody wants to let us play cause were too young.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ButtMonkey.... just keep at it, if they wont let you play, just keep jamming and get good as a group. then start playing at friends parties and stuff. Invest in good equipment so people will take you seriously... how old are you anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Age should be no problem the younger you are the better you will be when you are older, I am also in band a 3 piece 2 be precise but we rarely get together now maybe once in awhile, we still consider ourselves a band, We are called Brainspill.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
One of my friends 13, and he plays in a band with 17 year olds..

I was in a band a time ago as a vocalist. The band's name was qwerTY. It was a soft rock outfit.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was 14 when my first band formed. 15 when we started getting serious gigs (city festivals, yout festivals, skate comps, music festivals etc etc.) Mt area had a really good local scene and young bands were pretty normal. The scene is dead now and any band trying to make it here is pretty much doomed.

new topics

top topics

join