It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming Governor Supports Sovereignty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wyoming Governor Supports Sovereignty Resolution

Gov. Dave Freudenthal(D) of Wyoming supports State sovereignty and a reduction in the power of our oppressive central government. Although this article is about a year old the issue was raised yet again last Friday.

I will continue to search for a more recent article, but you must realize; we in Wyoming are still riding horses to work.

In all seriousness though I'm sure someone in the next day or two will give it some media coverage. ::prays::

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Well, I wrote a thread on this a while back, hopefully you get more response than I did.

Here are some links to help your thread-

The Tenth Amendment Center
26 US States Attempting To Claim Sovereignty From Federal Government
Would our military personnel honor the Constitution or just follow orders?

Ron Paul - USA Is Setting Up For A Military Dictatorship

Americans must rise up and protest our corrupt government

edit to fix video link

[edit on 2/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Were not gonna be the the 50 states much longer. All the talk about sovereignty, the EO that put 10 governors in charge of the 10 FEMA regions of the US, revoultion wispers about putting us back they way the forefathers invisioned and the out of control goverment that just today rasid our debt to an impossible level.

My hope is that a new stronger Republic rises from the ashes...maybe a better looking flag design this time around.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My understanding is we now sit at 26+ States on the bandwagon. Would it be wrong of me to say that means we officially can take the power back? 26 States passing the legislation would make it a Federal Law.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
Wyoming Governor Supports Sovereignty Resolution

Gov. Dave Freudenthal(D) of Wyoming supports State sovereignty and a reduction in the power of our oppressive central government. Although this article is about a year old the issue was raised yet again last Friday.

I will continue to search for a more recent article, but you must realize; we in Wyoming are still riding horses to work.

In all seriousness though I'm sure someone in the next day or two will give it some media coverage. ::prays::

Despite some qualities, I'm pretty sure you and I live in the most free state in this country. Of course you live a few hours away, but I'm sure you'd agree. I think the states could take their powers back. They would just loose highway funding. That's the fed's best tool to sway state law. That's why the drinking age is 21 (just one example).

Of course the fact that there is no conceal and carry law is pretty sweet.

BTW, my horse has a hydrolic suspension and an awesome sound system. I call him 'steed 2.0'.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I think you are very correct, but I think if the States kick the Federal Government to the curb we could live in a more perfect Union. After all, the funding they get they take from us anyways, so if we all leave together we could still have it.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Did I read that article correctly?

It said he SUPPORTED Obama in the 2008 campaign?

He's supposedly republican?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The Obama administration projects the number of employees on the government payroll will grow to 2.15 million this year, reportedly making it the largest federal workforce in modern history and fueling criticism over the size of government.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You did in fact read it incorrectly. He is a democrat. Partisanship aside, he is a great man and would love to see the power be given back to the people.

new topics

top topics

join