It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seein some weird stuff out there tonight....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
ok, i live in the eastern suburbs of melbourne, and went into the backyard tonight to put my cat to bed as i do every night; and as i do every night i looked up and had a quick scan of the sky.
usually i see nothing; just stars. but tonight i stared a little while longer and as my eyes moved from one part of the sky to another, i caught a faint flash in my eye.

To confirm that i wasnt going crazy, i looked back at the spot and about 5 seconds later sure enough that flash came back for a split second in the same place, then disappeared back to nothing. no light. and then about 20 seconds later, the same thing happened. this flash was actually quite bright, like an average star brightness. but it came from nowhere and faded to nowhere, and wasnt moving anywhere.
planes will generally have a light always on with a pulsing light over the top, but this was an un-timed flash (randomly appearing). i saw it 3 times in total.
I called my mum over to have a look at the spot and we stood there for about 1 minute, and saw nothing, but then out of nowhere directly through the centre of where i was looking i saw a faint white/redish light zoom right through the air but she didnt bloody see it!!
i cant believe she couldnt see it! anyway...
The only logic explanation i can see is that it was a shooting star, its just so creepy that it was right where that flash was which i still cant explain.
then my dad arrived home and he came out to have a look and we both saw a very faint flash in that same area.
any ideas as to what it may be?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stevo351

Intresting, Just have to ask, what's the reason you look up at the sky at this certain time? I almost get the feeling you 'want' to see something..

It's as if, you 'wanted' to see some thing, which in itself is intresting because it 'almost' seems like someone/ something knew you would do it and read your thoughts and let you know they were watching and answering you .. and confiming it by flashing a light every...single...time you looked that certain direction...

There are no coincedences ...

You have to think about what the possiblilites are of what you've just experienced..

a shooting star...
~shooting across the sky. but never leaving it's same location which means it cancels out the 'across' & 'shooting' aspect of it's nature..

~which means the object was stanionary..

~and it's light 'flashes' intermitently...

~confirmed by your Dad, same location, same flash of light..

~Couldn't be a statilite since they move @ a fairly quick pace across the sky.. and ususally don't 'flash' unless it's falling thru the atmostphere..

~there's an object reflecting the light off it's surface

how big was the flash ??

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
hey there sorry about the late reply, really havent had time to get back on here.

yeah i was thinking that too (about the 'wanting' to see something) i just look out into the sky everynight out of interest really. the skies fascinate me and i just have to stare for a bit. and when you said that its like what i read about the ashtar commandment (or part of it) saying something like 'we are always there watching' you will see us when we want you to see us.

the flash was a little brighter than your average star. in an empty space of the sky. it was pretty weird.

also - the power went out about 3 days ago and it was a hot day rather than a storm so i me and a friend decided to walk outside to see how far the black out was. first we stood on my drive way and looked up to see a light moving with quite a bit of speed across the sky and faded as it reached the southern cross constellation, we stared into the sky for a bit only to see another light come from that direction and hurdle across the sky in the opposite direction. these in my opinion were satellites.
anyway, we walked about 100 metres down the road and i had located the stars where i saw the flash the first time and as i was pointing telling him about it another shooting star, brighter than the first one shot right where i was pointing!
we both just about jumped out of our skin!

im glad he saw it with me though so i know im not going crazy

but as a side note, i have never in my life seen this much activity going on in the skies.

great experience though

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stevo351

Awesome, back on the 8th of May 2008 I saw two flashes, white flashes as if from a camera. From these flashes came objects that treated me to a light show I will never forget for as long as I live.

Thanks for posting and below is my own account, and I post it because I feel that the flashes of light you saw are very similar to what I have seen.

There was a sudden flash of intense white light off to the left of where I had been looking straight up. The flash of light was fast and lasted barely a second but was very bright and got my attention fast. From the flash there was suddenly a tiny but bright satellite and it was taking a path that would take it almost directly over my house.

At first I was thinking ‘cool a satellite’ but I was also perplexed about the intense white flash it had come from and the diffuse nature of it. Things took an even weirder turn as suddenly the satellite flashed a rich blue and VERY defined cone of light aimed toward the north. The light was intense and like nothing I had seen before. It was of such a highly defined intensity it was almost a solid triangle. The flash of blue triangular light lasted only split second but I was looking straight at it so there was no mistaking what I was seeing.

In response there was a second flash of intense white unidirectional light exactly the same as the one that had got my attention focused on the satellite. From this second light there was a second satellite closing in with the first one as it moved over my house. Their speed was similar and the distance between the two I cannot say but I have seen enough satellites to know they were at extreme altitude, well beyond the height of any aircraft. The distance from the two satellites would be blocked if I pointed my arm straight up and blocked them with four fingers.

The second satellite flashed a very intense red cone of triangular light at the first satellite as it closed the distance and the response was another flash of blue light aimed at the second satellite. This then responded with a second flash of red conical light and then they merged with a flash of white unidirectional light.

After the flash was gone there was just the first satellite moving now over my house and I had got to my feet by now without taking my eyes of the scene even once. I backed up as the satellite started to become obscured by my roof and about five seconds after the merger of the two the satellite started winking on and off a bright orange.

At one point during this sighting I mentally questioned if I was hallucinating for some reasons and looked away briefly, swore a few choice words and then looked back at the sighting. The UFO was still there and its orange blinking was not a strobe, more a sporadic lighting, on and off at twice the speed a man blinks roughly but at points it sped up and then slowed and repeated.

I eventually lost it and it was blocked from view by my roof and I even broke my fence and fell on my back as I backed up as I was so intensely focused on watching this phenomenon that nothing else was in my mind except to soak it up and not to miss a thing.

I rushed through my house to the front and it was gone. No clouds in the sky just stars.

I was extremely vocal about what I had seen the next day and I did not care who I told. Bad move I might add. The long and short of it is I ended up separated from my wife for eight months and I went into a terrible spiral of depression and confusion. I had seen what I had hoped I would see but it had turned my life upside down to the extent that now I lived alone with my dog in a one bedroom flat.

No one believed me and my friends became distant my wife begged me to pass it off a joke but for all that I stuck to my guns and maintained that what I had seen had been no joke and had been a fact. Perhaps things might have turned out differently if I had rushed into the house and grabbed a camera but that said had I taken that course of action all I would have had for my troubles would have been blurry images of a light against a dark backdrop.

To give a frame of measurement the white flashes of light that the UFOs had emerged from where about the size of the nail of my index finger. The triangular red and blue lights where about the same size, and the whole incident from the moment of the first flash of light to the moment I lost sight was roughly ten seconds.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I've seen the same thing. If I searched there would be a post from me over a year ago describing this here. Seems to be random flashes... I never figured out how much time in between them. Just white but waaaay off in the distance.... same as a star.

Definitely not a plane or anything remotely like that. Definitely not just "twinkling" of a star. Nothing to explain what it is. I still wait and cannot understand why astronomers do not discuss it.

I live in Florida and this would always start right after 9 pm... I think it was. It would last for an hour or two.

Go out tonight and you will probably see it again. Unfortunately, due to my working at night, I have not kept up on viewing it. I was unemployed at the time I initially discovered it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevo351
[...] and went into the backyard tonight to put my cat to bed as i do every night [...]

Please explain this to me as it is vital to an adequate examination of your sighting.

Thanks.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I dont think UFO's have flashing lights, Many a times I have thought the same thing as what you are describing but I have had a real experience not to say mine is right but the lights were not flashing it had lights not the same color as anything your use to seeing they were the color of a black light kind of purple then there were a strange blueish white hard to decribe it was weird

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
they were the color of a black light kind of purple then there were a strange blueish white hard to decribe it was weird

Ok, I am starting to get a little freaked out because your are describing what my wife, myself and two ambulance men saw at 21:00 (16/09/2009)
Below are two extracts from the account I wrote up after a UFO drifted above my house. I knew it was not a plane because planes do not collapse in on themselves before zipping away... Anyway I know it is all very strange but there are similarities my friend and I have to respond to your post.

There were no clouds and the sky seemed to have a mixture of purple throughout it. I even mentioned this to my wife as we walked something quite unreal about the colour that I could not put my finger on.

... I followed her gaze back the way we had come and was perplexed to say the least to see a very bright whitish blue light above our house at a height of roughly two to three thousand feet. It was moving slowly in the direction of Saughton prison and watching it I was stunned... There were no navigation lights, no strobes and no noise as would be expected had it been an aircraft.

new topics

top topics

join