It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mathematician says that Dark Energy does not exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A mathematician Blake Temple says that there is no dark energy or dark matter, and that dark energy is not the cause of the expanding universe.

In the 90s physicsts came up with the idea of dark matter energy that was pulling galaxies apart from each other, and dark matter was supposed to make up 75% of the matter in the universe.

But it may be so that the dark energy does not exist, becuase the equation require us to be in the center of the universe, which we are not.

The mathematician says that the expandng waves from the Big Bang is what is causing the universe to expand.

Mathematicians have come up with an answer Monday for the mystery of "dark energy" tearing the universe apart at an accelerating rate. It ain't there.

Discovered in 1998 with the finding that exploding stars in distant galaxies are spreading away from us at an increasing speed, dark energy has puzzled cosmologists for a decade, unable to understand a force that acts across vast distances to push stars apart

Instead, "expanding waves" from the Big Bang, 13.7 Billion years ago, are propelling the trillions of galaxies filling the universe apart, suggests the study. Dark energy is an illusion if their equations are right, and the universe, at least 27.2 billion light years across, is spreading at an increasing rate into an even bigger vacuum empty of any matter, propelled by the energy of the Big Bang.

Source: blogs.usatoday.com...

[edit on 1-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well at least this sounds more plausible then dark matter/energy explanations. Ever since i first heard about these concepts i have thought they sounded far fetched and i still do.

*If we do not know something we should take a new look at what we thought we knew and not put something together that just barely fits in with what we think we know.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

This article says nothing about dark matter, just dark energy, they are separate phenomena.

What this mathematician did is that instead of conventional big bang theory, which models our universe as an expanding baloon with space-time being the surface of a baloon (and therefore the universe has no center, just like earths surface has not), he models it like a big explosion with center and with us being at this center.
I dont think this is plausible.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ahh the good ol "big bang" does it again. Case closed, nothing to see here

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by butane bob
Ahh the good ol "big bang" does it again. Case closed, nothing to see here

I was going to say "ah, the good old Argument from ignorance"

Don't you just love "scientists".

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I get that the universe is expanding and that waves created during the big bang might be causing this but how does this explain ACCELERATED expansion?

The waves becoming MORE energetic billions of years after the big bang?

I don't get that.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Great to hear of another person who opposes the dark matter/dark energy theory. bunch if crap if you ask me. Maybe, just Maybe dark matter doesnt exist, and maybe Newton wasnt 100percent right, i mean his physics was founded hundreds of years ago. Maybe gravity over those great distances doesnt act exactly how they predicted it would....

I mean, its not like anything has every proven Newtonian physics wrong...oh wait yes something did, how about about the "Pioneer anomoly" look it up if you are interested. also in a great book called "13 things that dont make sense" (or something like that)

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized
I get that the universe is expanding and that waves created during the big bang might be causing this but how does this explain ACCELERATED expansion?

The waves becoming MORE energetic billions of years after the big bang?

I don't get that.
To make an apt comparison, just think about how a surfer accelerates from being dead in the water to riding a wave of water. Now replace the water with space, and the surfer with ENTIRE GALAXIES. Waves so big even the milky way seems small in comparison.

Pretty cool, eh?

Edit: Oh, I didn't read your question to end. D'oh. Anyway, you can still make the surfer comparison. Just make the ocean which he rides in much smaller. The tsunami wave of... -05 I believe it was, made several trips around the globe before stopping completely. Just apply these spacetime waves to a universe which folds around itself (what Einstein believed) and you can get waves that come not only once, but twice as it folds around the universe (read: as the tsunami waves make a trip around the world).

[edit on 3-2-2010 by Drexon]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by Drexon

Or the "proof" of expansion is trumped up hogwash made to support a modern incarnation of a creation myth by a community that claims to be super experts of reality.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

As tempting as it is to believe that, Red shift makes perfect sense, stuff out there is definately moving away from us.

which explaination sounds better....

God said whatever....stuff happened and the universe was made

or

All of a sudden, for no reason at all...stuff happened and the universe was made...

they both suck

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
[edit on 3-2-2010 by LeeTheDestroyer]

new topics

top topics

join