It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US moving troops out of Europe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I had just heard from a friend recently that the government is moving troops out of Eastern Europe to bring them home. I was just wondering if anyone else heard about this? Seems odd, bringing them home, unless they expect a revolt soon. But then again, what would the troops come home to? Any truth to this?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well the US is moving troops out of Kosovo... So yeah there might be something to it.

They will be needed for Iran and repression at home.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

Good, we don't need American troops

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I may not be the biggest fan of the USA, but if it came to a war who would you want most on your side?

I know who i'd want.

Looking at it from a military perspective.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Darky5K

unless they expect a revolt soon.

If true, why can't the United States just be bringing the troops home and not be preparing for a revolt?

They're probably just recycling troops anyway.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by octotom]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

With your avatar being Gordon Brown, I'm assuming that you're British. So, why don't you bring your troops home from Germany? I'm sure many in Germany have the same thoughts about your countries troops being here as you do about American troops in Europe.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Apart from trying to quell the possible civil war in USA,probably due to opening of the stargate in yemen which if it goes to full power will disable all offensive weapons rendering troops and weapons useless.

Together we need to save the american people(No fault of theirs for the crimes comitted) and show that we are one all over the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I agree, get British troops out of Germany,But they are not my troops and thus I have no say

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

They don't have to be stationed all over Europe to be an ally in war, and yeah if you were to fight a war you probably would want them on your side, but, there are ramification's of that

like this example

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Pockets]

top topics

join