It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review shows dramatic shift in Pentagon's thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Review shows dramatic shift in Pentagon's thinking

Washington (CNN) -- The Pentagon will no longer shape the U.S. military to fight two major conventional wars at once, but rather prepare for numerous conflicts and not all in the same style, according to a draft of a new strategic outlook the Pentagon is announcing on Monday.

The new mantra for military planners will replace the almost 25-year-old combat planning style of fighting and winning two major conventional wars in two different locations in favor of a fighting force that is capable of protecting U.S. interests around the world from a range of threats, from terrorism to cyber attacks.

Click for Full Article

*** Edit to fix broken link ***

[edit on 1-2-2010 by paradigm619]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
So now the U.S. military is looking to change their strategy to focus more on worldwide threats. To me, this just seems like an excuse to more effectively police the world, although I do think that nations or geographic regions are no longer the primary threat in 21st century wars.

What do you all think of this?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It seems like this is a move that would allow the Pentagon to justify their absurd budget. You can't fight the entire world for free ya know? Either that, or they are preparing for WWIII when we will have to fight battles on numerous fronts.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Link is broken.

But other than that, I really wonder how they would manage to pull this off. I know that the US could probably take more than 2 on at a time, especially if it was legitimate war rather than a police action. I just wonder exactly how many they could take.

top topics

join